December 16, 2019, 03:41:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
147001 Posts in 17853 Topics- by 32922 Members - Latest Member: crThanatos
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2v2 3v3 5v5 How to guide  (Read 3200 times)
Love the Gnomes
View Profile Email
« on: November 10, 2012, 11:58:57 pm »

Never done any of these PvP type events and I know theres a big amount of players that want this to happen more often.

How is it done?  I know there is a lot of rules, and mostly you guys keep each other in check on them.  What I'd like to know mostly is how these events are organised.  Is it as complex as a latter mach system?  Like, doing 6 groups and then having the winners fight the winners.  And then have those winners fight the winners of the winning teams and stuff?  xD 

I'm already confused.  If thats how they work, then I'd have to get out a peace of paper for those. 

Anyway, what should a guy know before hosting a PvP event like that?

If I can't smoke and swear, I'm fucked.
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 12:42:04 am »

Basically the staff member hosting the event gets to choose what team plays what team. Think of it like a regular tournament bracket, each win climbs you higher until there are only two teams left who duke it out for fame and fortune ;o

Specific rules regarding the pvp events are listed on the forums, but hosting a pvp event is generally not too hard to do.

Summon the teams, then summon & sleep the spectators (too many spectator interference problems). Once they're ready, you select who's fighting and bust out the popcorn!

I've hosted a handful of them myself back in the day, and won more than just a handful as well Wink

/brag
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 12:43:46 am by Ktwentya » Logged

Ktwentya/Dalar
The Paladin
Drakonslayer
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 01:35:02 am »

It's not very difficult to do:

You will need a minimum of 4 teams for the event. Then you can follow a simple principe of who wins gets to the next round. For example you have team 1,2,3 and 4. Then you let team 1 fight team 2 and the winner gets to the next round. Same with Team 3 and 4. Then the next round will be Winner of fight 1 vs winnder of fight 2. Keep in mind that you cannot have like 5 or 7 teams, then it will not work. You can use 4 teams, 8 teams, 16 teams, 32 teams etc with this kind of principe. Kinda sux that I don't know the english words for all that math stuff but I think you get the idea ... you always have to be able to get to 2 if you continue dividing the number of teams with 2 xD
Of course you can actually use whatever kind of principe you want like letting all teams figh all teams and count points or so but that will make it really really REALLY confusing and time consuming. You'd have to plan such thing and even then it's almost guaranteed that some teams will just gtfo at some point in time :<

But for the actual event:

Step 1:
Announce that you will make the event and tell people what type of event it is. Tell them to set up their team, read the rules here: http://vanillagaming.org/forum/index.php?topic=2375.0 and prepare.

Step 2: Announce that the summons started and enable your whispers. I usually just did a simple message like "Summons for the 2v2 event started. Team leaders whisper me once telling me the name of your partner." (copy .namego <space> so you can just paste it and type in the name after the command).

Step 3: Summon the people who whispered you and their partners, tell them to stay @ the place they were summoned to prevent confusion.

Step4: Check if they have any buffs or gear that isn't allowed in the event, Xpearl is great here because it shows all buffs on the target.

Step 5: Summon the spectators to a spot of your choice, again tell them to stay there and not to interrupt the event n all that jizz. You will need to either watch them because people like to do crap during events or you freeze them in place.

Step 6: Let the people fight. You choose who fights against who.

I even painted a picture just for you! It's fabulous:

Uh oh and k20 < Joru
/brag
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 01:39:01 am by 403 Forbidden » Logged

Hate for a class is the result of ignorance in your own class.
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 02:12:25 am »

The term for the number of teams that will work is 'exponents of 2'

may be put more simply as 'powers of 2' though

"The girls they all have like monster titties" - Fuzzyhead 2014
If I can't smoke and swear, I'm fucked.
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 02:22:27 am »

BRAG

Ktwentya/Dalar
The Paladin
Drakonslayer
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 03:05:20 am »

SWAG

Hate for a class is the result of ignorance in your own class.
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 05:19:36 pm »

SHAG

<Tauren Paladin>
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2012, 11:21:34 pm »

Uh oh and k20 < Joru
/brag

So Im not allowed to fight in the arena? Me has many shiny thingz, me gud Paly, me can Hearthstone and Bubble after!

and as I ofcourse read everything +1 to Spot and Joru

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: