August 15, 2022, 06:11:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
149011 Posts in 18133 Topics- by 34454 Members - Latest Member: pikashowapp
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to level lockpicking?  (Read 40369 times)
View Profile Email
« on: November 09, 2012, 07:27:19 pm »

Hi!

I've managed to level lockpicking to 101.. But from this point, it seems impossible!
I've pickpocketed so many lockboxes from different mobs ranging from 20 to 50, and no boxes give any skillups.
What is going on with this skill?
If I can't smoke and swear, I'm fucked.
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 09:20:19 pm »

Head to Scarlet Monastery and pick the locked doors to the various instances. I think you're a high enough level to do so. Good luck!

Ktwentya/Dalar
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 04:42:15 pm »

at some point i had to pickpocket mobs for boxes/junks which i used them to level my picklock

for example:
http://db.valkyrie-wow.com/?item=16884
http://db.valkyrie-wow.com/?item=6355
http://db.valkyrie-wow.com/?item=1652

and as k20a said picklock SM, DM, BRD
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 04:07:12 pm »

Just a "quickie" here. When you do your lvl 20 rogue quest as alliance atleast(guess same goes for horde, cant recall), you go to a tower southeast in Westfall. On the top floor of this level you find a chest that after the quest is done is still there. You can use the lockpicking skill from your spellbook to level your lp from 1-170.

From 170-225 you have a few choices, one guide sent me off to Zoram Strand, coast in Ashenvale, and seek out boxes there. These are quite rare tbh, so I'd prefer the Angermaw (or was it Angor?) fortress in badlands. On the map it is situated directly south of the Uldaman dungeon. Some black skin dwarves around lvl 35 or 40 or something. All around the fortress there are 7-10 boxes u can lockpick. Quite some time for the respawn, you could check that up on any db I guess. Easily from 170 to 225 if you are patient, and you dont have to seek them out like on Zoram strand.

From 225 to 300 lockboxes is a fast way to do it, just open everything your guildmates have to offer, or simply offer your service in the worldchat. One little tip: When having multiple lockboxes in your inventory - quite a few will bug out and end up empty/just dissapear. (Just like when you disenchant the same kind of crafted tailoring/lw etc items)

//catch you on the flip side

Searinox - human rogue
WiebeJubileeJacquetTriageLumskAirmail
Tester
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 05:05:48 pm »

Fastest way to lvl Lockpicking...

1-75 | Redridge Mountains Follow the road north from Lakeshire, on the right side you will see a lumber mill (Alther's Mill). There you will see 5 boxes with a 10 sec respawn timer.

75-175 | Westfall In the top of the rogue poison tower there will be a box (southeastern Westfall). From what I remember you have to click on the lockpick ability and then on the box to open this one.

175 - 220 | Tanaris Pickpocket all the pirates at Lost Rigger Cove. (this is the most painful part xD )

220 - X(260?) | Tanaris At Lost Rigger Cove there are 7 boxes laying on the ground. 1 on the maindeck of the first boat that's in the water. 1 on top and 2 at the bottom of the big scaffold. 1 at the cannons standing north of the dock. 1 directly right of the main entrance to the "fortress" and 2 on the west side of the "fortress"

X(260?) - 300 | EPL There is one box with a 10 second respawn timer at the end of the entrance to Tyr's Hand. Just walk along with the left side of the entrance and you will find it at the end.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 05:10:37 pm by wopwop » Logged

<Distilled Wisdom>
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 05:16:42 pm »

X(260?) - 300 | EPL There is one box with a 10 second respawn timer at the end of the entrance to Tyr's Hand. Just walk along with the left side of the entrance and you will find it at the end.

which is a bug abuse! maybe you should report it in 3-4 days (after ive got Lockpicking on 300 with my alt)
Ice <3
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 06:24:41 pm »

Thanks for that, I'll watch out for you!

Thx Buexx for the sig <3
"(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻"   ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)"
<Distilled Wisdom>
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 03:30:07 pm »

Thanks for that, I'll watch out for you!

<3
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: