August 03, 2021, 12:37:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
148778 Posts in 18102 Topics- by 34170 Members - Latest Member: anthonymitchell
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Isak/Seker GM application.  (Read 6552 times)
Matheus
« on: May 26, 2012, 07:51:07 pm »

R1: Been a member for almost 1 1/2 years.
R2: I am 19.
R3: I can be online for at least 3 hours a day.

Questions:

1. What is your main character's in-game name?
  - Seker/Isak

2. What is your real name?
  - Dan Kittilsen

3. Where in the world are you located?
  - Norway (Sarpsborg)

4. What timezone are you located in?
  - GMT+1

5. How old are you?
  - 19 years old.

6. Have you played retail and if so, for how long?
  - Started playing about 4 months after It's launch in Europe. I've been playing wow ever since, but left retail in early WOTLK. I began looking for the perfect private server, found it February 2011. I've been playing on VG ever since.

7. What times exactly can you GM?
  - I'm working different shifts so I'll be working one week from about 08:00 - 16:00 and another 13:00-20:00. Aswell as two weekends a month. The time I have left is often used for gaming. If I get the job I will try to be available as often as I can.

8. How much time each day do you spend on WoW, on the forums or in-game?
  - Around 5 hours.

9. Have you had previous experience as a Game Master? And if so, on what server, and function?
  - I have no previous experience as a GM, but I'm willing to learn, and I see it as an opportunity for me to give  something back to the VG community.

10. Tell us a little about yourself.
  - I am a social (believe it or not) 19 year old boy from Sarpsborg - Norway. Live very close to the swedish border. At the moment I am working as a trainee for Jysk-Norway, I am almost as pro at gaming as I am at selling mattresses! I see myself as a good friend and a kind person in general. In my spare time I'm with my friends, play wow, basketball and watch a lot of movies. I've been a Starwars fan as long as I can remember.

11. Explain why you think you would be a good GM.
  - Because I actually like helping others and sharing some of my knowledge when it comes to WoW. During the time I've played on VG I've had some of my best gaming moments, and that has made me quite passionate about this server, and I want others to experience the same fun on VG as I have.

12. What interests you most about the GM position?
  - To make VG a better place for Its gamers.

13. What positive additions could you (or do you already) make to the server/Community?
  - For me It has always been important to feel welcome, I appreciate every new gamer on vanilla gaming because it expands our community, and that's what I want vanilla gaming to be! A community of gamers were people have fun gaming with eachother, against eachother without all the random hating. So If I could be the reason for one gamer to stay on Vanilla Gaming that's a goal achieved. So as you probably understand I want to work especially with the growth of the VG population.

14. We require all GM's to act professional at all times, this includes proper spelling and grammar.
  - I would take the job seriously and I do have the proper grammar.

15. If you were going to submit a suggestion for us, what would it be?
  - Update the donation site every now and then, make special offers, give something back to the so many players of vanilla gaming who's donating to the server, and show yourselves as more available.

16. Events can get out of control, how would you pull a situation under control if it went bad?
  - One warning is more than enough, if you don't play by the rules you're out.

17. What do you think is the most important thing a GM can do?
  - Respect everyone and act professional.

18. Do you know WHAT a gm does? Please explain.
  - The GM position is a job, not payed in this case but a Job. The gamers is a GMs customers and deserve a proper level of service. A GM help the gamers in most cases in-game by solving problems, answering questions and giving assistance with any alternate situations the gamer might have put him/her-self in. If however you stumble over a question you're not able to answer at that time, you'd politely inform the gamer that you can't answer that question or help him/her with the current situation at the moment, but that you will seek help in you fellow GMs and be sure to get a proper answer as soon as possible.

19. What will you do if a Player asked you for help?
  - A lot of it is mentioned in the answer above, I would do my best to help the player.

20. What can you do to help the server grow?
  - As mentioned in my answer to question nr:13. I value all players on vanilla gaming, because without them It would be no community. I would do what I can to make every single player feel welcome. Help and support my fellow GMs with events. And do my best to be available for the players as much as possible.

A thank you goes out to the GMs and to all my friends on this server. You make this server the best one Wink

Dan - Seker/Isak

« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 09:37:22 pm by Matheus/Isak/Seker » Logged
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 07:57:53 pm »

I've been a Starwars fan as long as I can remember.
Cool beans, may the force be with you.
Maartenn
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 11:00:53 pm »

Well it's nice to see that you like the community and all, but you should get some experience. For example you haven't mentioned a single thing about GM commands which is basically the tool for a GM.
Anger is a gift
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 12:12:02 am »

I've been a Starwars fan as long as I can remember.
Cool beans, may the force be with you.
Or as Yoda would have said, force the may be with you xD

:*
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 12:27:19 am »

Well it's nice to see that you like the community and all, but you should get some experience. For example you haven't mentioned a single thing about GM commands which is basically the tool for a GM.

The commands doesn't matter. I didn't know any myself.

the ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent
"VG Vigilante"
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2012, 07:55:52 am »

I dont know this app was really short and brief.. I feel like not enough effort was put into the important questions... And I dont think I have seen you in game so - at the moment...

The commands doesn't matter. I didn't know any myself.
lmao

Running fraps is the best way to catch noobs
"We follow waves of sound from life to life"
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2012, 01:19:39 pm »

Beside teleporting ppl and add some reputation,increase some speed and read thousands of tickets,you can't do anything else:D

Tнe Bιrd oғ Herмeѕ ιѕ мy ɴαмe,eαтιɴɢ мy wιɴɢѕ тo мαĸe мe тαмe.
The Paladin
Drakonslayer
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2012, 01:42:24 pm »

Beside teleporting ppl and add some reputation,increase some speed and read thousands of tickets,you can't do anything else:D

wraung

Hate for a class is the result of ignorance in your own class.
"We follow waves of sound from life to life"
View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2012, 08:15:16 pm »

wraung
add something really important since most of tickets are"this is not working ,i want my epix,gm please help me"

Tнe Bιrd oғ Herмeѕ ιѕ мy ɴαмe,eαтιɴɢ мy wιɴɢѕ тo мαĸe мe тαмe.
View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2012, 11:51:39 am »

The .command typo tells you pretty much about every command you can use anyways.

Back on topic; I can't give you a +1 because I feel like we need more GM's from other places in the world such as the US and Australia. Other than that I did like what you wrote and the fact that you're a starwars fan makes me overjoyed, therefore I will be giving you a +. Good luck!
The Paladin
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2012, 10:39:06 pm »

I've known Dan for a long time while I've been playing in VG. He is a calm, positive and helpful person, I would really say that he got the potential to be a perfect GM. Give Dan a chance. Smiley

The mysterious Paladin returns from the shadows to recreate order and brighten Azeroth and cleanse it from the darkness and its absolute domination.
The Paladin
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2012, 10:40:56 pm »

A lot of the previous and current GM's was unknown with the GM commands, it is really easy to learn the commands if a person puts some effort in it. So I doubt that would be a problem.

The mysterious Paladin returns from the shadows to recreate order and brighten Azeroth and cleanse it from the darkness and its absolute domination.
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2012, 10:44:00 pm »

+1 here
Wish ya good luck broski  Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: