August 24, 2019, 01:32:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
146438 Posts in 17778 Topics- by 32326 Members - Latest Member: smcassagne
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Epic hunter info!  (Read 46261 times)
Maartenn
« on: January 20, 2012, 11:58:07 am »

So I'm making this thread for all hunters that are used to playing TBC or WotLK or Cata.

See, hunter pets are a lot different in patch 1.12.1 than in higher patches. I'm sick of seeing bug reports that certain pet abilities are missing; all the pet abilities from 1.12.1 are on this server.

See, in this patch, all hunter pet abilities aer trainable from a pet in the wild. So, you start off without any pet abilities at all, and then as you tame more pets throughout Azeroth, you get more abilities, and higher ranks of these abilities.

All the hunter pet abilities that are trainable from beasts in the wild are:

Bite, Claw, Dive, Dash, Scorpid Poison, Prowl, Charge, Cower, Screech, Furious Howl, Lightning Breath, Thunder Stomp, and Shell Shield.

And then Resistances, Great stamina, Natural Armor and taunt are trainable from the Pet Trainers.

Now, what pets would you have to tame to get all these abilites in the max rank? I will show you.

Bite R8 and Furious Howl R8: Bloodaxe Worg (LBRS).
Claw R8 and Screech R8: Winterspring Screecher (Winterspring).
Dash R3: Frostsabers in Winterspring and Worgs in LBRS.
Dive R3: Owls in Winterspring and the Plaguebat in EPL.
Scorpid Poison R4: Scorpids in Burning Steppes and Silithus.
Prowl R3: Frostsaber Stalker (Winterspring).
Charge R6: Plagued Swine in EPL.   
Cower R6: Frostsaber Cub (Winterspring)
Lightning Breath R6: Son of Hakkar in Z'G
Thunderstomp R3: Un'Goro Thunderer or U'Cha (Un'Goro Crater)
Shell Shield R1 (only 1 rank): Almost any turtle in Azeroth, but I recommend taking the ones in eastern  Tanaris; Giant Surf Glider. (Because those are lvl 48-50, highest lvl in game)

Okay, that's it for all the hunter abilities. Good day, and have fun hunting! Wink           

Meurth
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 12:54:21 am »

Bump, I think this might be useful for a lot of hunters. Smiley
"We follow waves of sound from life to life"
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 09:21:26 am »

ya i was looking for that too

Tнe Bιrd oғ Herмeѕ ιѕ мy ɴαмe,eαтιɴɢ мy wιɴɢѕ тo мαĸe мe тαмe.
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 03:22:12 am »

You're spot on Maartenn.  People who started playing WoW after Vanilla have had it easy-mode every since.  Hunters weren't Huntards back in the day; it took a lot of time, thought, and travel to get your pet and abilities just right.

Man I've missed it.
Vittorro
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 03:31:55 am »

"Hunter Pet Abilities and Skills Guide"

http://www.bookofwarcraft.com/guides/class/hunter/pet-skills.htm
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2015, 01:58:45 pm »

Bump and could a moderator move this to the hunter section pls?
Legend of the Elements
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2015, 04:07:34 am »

+nice info for new players

iloprcal@mail.ru View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2016, 11:06:53 pm »

If you have one piece of knowledge, advice to give to a new hunter -  what is it? Try and stick to one thing.
View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2016, 12:06:07 am »

lol kids cant google nowadays
http://web.archive.org/web/20070302082031/http://petopia.brashendeavors.net/index.shtml

#edgy
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2016, 03:35:44 pm »

That's TBC... kids can't read nowadays.

If you have one piece of knowledge, advice to give to a new hunter -  what is it? Try and stick to one thing.

kite a lot :p
View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2017, 07:12:24 am »

So I'm making this thread for all hunters that are used to playing TBC or WotLK or Cata.

See, hunter pets are a lot different in patch 1.12.1 than in higher patches. I'm sick of seeing bug reports that certain pet abilities are missing; all the pet abilities from 1.12.1 are on this server.

See, in this patch, all hunter pet abilities aer trainable from a pet in the wild. So, you start off without any pet abilities at all, and then as you tame more pets throughout Azeroth, you get more abilities, and higher ranks of these abilities.

All the hunter pet abilities that are trainable from beasts in the wild are:

Bite, Claw, Dive, Dash, Scorpid Poison, Prowl, Charge, Cower, Screech, Furious Howl, Lightning Breath, Thunder Stomp, and Shell Shield.

And then Resistances, Great stamina, Natural Armor and taunt are trainable from the Pet Trainers.

Now, what pets would you have to tame to get all these abilites in the max rank? I will show you.

Bite R8 and Furious Howl R8: Bloodaxe Worg (LBRS).
Claw R8 and Screech R8: Winterspring Screecher (Winterspring).
Dash R3: Frostsabers in Winterspring and Worgs in LBRS.
Dive R3: Owls in Winterspring and the Plaguebat in EPL.
Scorpid Poison R4: Scorpids in Burning Steppes and Silithus.
Prowl R3: Frostsaber Stalker (Winterspring).
Charge R6: Plagued Swine in EPL.   
Cower R6: Frostsaber Cub (Winterspring)
Lightning Breath R6: Son of Hakkar in Z'G
Thunderstomp R3: Un'Goro Thunderer or U'Cha (Un'Goro Crater)
Shell Shield R1 (only 1 rank): Almost any turtle in Azeroth, but I recommend taking the ones in eastern  Tanaris; Giant Surf Glider. (Because those are lvl 48-50, highest lvl in game)

Okay, that's it for all the hunter abilities. Good day, and have fun hunting! Wink           

Son of Hakkar is not tamable on this server(http://vanillagaming.org/forum/index.php?topic=16773.0) so Lightning Breath R6 is unattainable, Giant Surf Glider in Tanaris does not know Shell Shield. as a matter of fact the Giant Surf Glider is no longer in the game at this point and has been replaced with normal surf gliders that know no skills, not even bite you should do a bit of research before posting next time.

lemon squeezy.
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2017, 12:17:32 am »

snip

Son of Hakkar is not tamable on this server(http://vanillagaming.org/forum/index.php?topic=16773.0) so Lightning Breath R6 is unattainable, Giant Surf Glider in Tanaris does not know Shell Shield. as a matter of fact the Giant Surf Glider is no longer in the game at this point and has been replaced with normal surf gliders that know no skills, not even bite you should do a bit of research before posting next time.

I got this information in a World of Warcraft guide that was published during retail vanilla, so I have done my research. Write a bug report if you think VG has missing mobs.
View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2017, 06:24:28 pm »

snip

I got this information in a World of Warcraft guide that was published during retail vanilla, so I have done my research. Write a bug report if you think VG has missing mobs.
it is not missing mobs, what im saying is your info is incorrect, i used the term "at this point", sorry let me spell what i was trying to put across by that statement because you cant seem to comprehend this, by 1.12 those mobs were replaced, and incase you didnt know this is not retail vanilla wow, and your "epic info" is just misinformation on the medium that we are all using. "I have done my research" yeah you have done your research on vanilla wow, not vg privet server, grats.

lemon squeezy.
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2017, 07:51:33 pm »

shit is fine for getting like the two things one would actually want/need, dont be a pedant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2017, 01:58:26 am »

shit is fine for getting like the two things one would actually want/need, dont be a pedant

thanks lol
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: