August 03, 2021, 12:49:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
148778 Posts in 18102 Topics- by 34170 Members - Latest Member: anthonymitchell
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for some tips for Retribution Paladin dps in raids.  (Read 15136 times)
View Profile
« on: January 08, 2012, 03:57:39 pm »

Hey..i want to know how does some paladin succed in Retribution DPS in raids.

I have seen some paladins succesfully dpsing in raids like Aster,Joru,Destrow,Satani,etc.I want to try out the same too with retribution specc but fail to do so.

My Retribution build is http://www.wowprovider.com/?talent=11215875_2_8510401j53m512303510203151
Edit by ME!!!: do you use command or righteousness? o0o0o0o0o
My gear is :Lionheart Helm(Head)
               Onyxia Tooth Pendant(Neck)
                Mantle of Horusath(Shoulder)
               Cape of Eternal Justice(Back)
               Savage Gladiator Chain(Chest)
                Zandhalar Freethinker's Armguards(Wrist)
               Draconic Maul(Weapon 2h)
                Libram of Fervor(Relic)
                Gauntlet's of Valour(Hands)
               Highlander's Lammerlar Girdle(AB belt)
                Legging's of the Grand Crusader(Legs)
               Boots of the Desert Protector(Feet)
               Signet Ring of the Bronze Dragonflight(Str Rep ring)
              Ring of Fury(Ring)
               Hand of Justice(Trinket)
              Darkmoon Card:Maelstrom(Trinket)

Also,please i don't want any flaming/insulting in this thread,i will lock it as soon as i get some good worthy tips.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 07:40:32 pm by Joru » Logged

In war,victory.In peace,vigilance.In death,sacrifice.
If I can't smoke and swear, I'm fucked.
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 04:01:18 pm »

judge crusader, do some auto attacking and judge some more

Ktwentya/Dalar
Maartenn
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 04:14:01 pm »

Retribution build with 0 talent points in retribution? rofl...

Fillwish
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 04:21:38 pm »

http://www.wowprovider.com/?talent=11215875_2_85c501i5032l5523015e3150

I don't know, I just threw something together ^^
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 04:25:11 pm »

Go reckoning Grin
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 04:27:51 pm »

Edited

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2012, 04:30:34 pm »

Go reckoning Grin
No,that doesn't helps me in Raids and i said Retribution DPS in raids.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2012, 04:54:05 pm »

Ok here
1. Make sure u specced Retribution
2.Get some BIIIG Sword
3.Go in Raid
4.Have DMG Metter ,and keep an eye on it .
5.When you see that autoshooting hunter's above you (And here is the important part ) BUBLE ASAP !! + HS.
6.Specc Holly and dont go for t2 k ? hope this helps

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 11:51:11 am »

I'd go for Divine intellect 5/5 insted of Improved Seal of Righteousness, because you already have the harder hitting Seal of Command.
Also, I'd pick benediction (retri tier 1) for more mana, instead of vindication, because most bosses are immune to that.
Onlajn gengsta bruh.
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2012, 06:13:21 pm »

Get a Nightfall axe and be useful to your guild with the 15% spell dmg done buff. Otherwise ur useless and u can just spec holy and contribute your guild.

The Paladin
Drakonslayer
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2012, 07:29:01 pm »

ACHTUNG!!!
GEFAHR!!!
[/b] <--- fu didnt't fail, /b/ is /b/

WALL OF TEXT AHEAD

Well so this is le specs I used when I raided actively as dps:

Le big 2hander and lotsa warrior items just put up seal of crusader, use command for autoattacks and judges, use consecration only when you really got alot of mana (which will rarely happen until you got some T2.5 and other ret paladin (melee attributes and casters') items which got melee stats AND some int/spell power on it. and even then you have to watch your mana very well with this spec.
http://www.wowprovider.com/?talent=11215875_2_855d1i503m5523c512003150

Le spellpower 1hander (xcept the 2hander has more spellpower lol) spec. You wanna stack spellpower, int and spell crit with this spec. It's not very different from the 2hander playstyle (xcept it does more damage) but since you only wanna wear caster items in this spec you won't need to worry about having too less mana in raids. But to do acceptable damage with this spec you should atleast have around 300 spellpower, more is better, less makes the spec gimped so it really depends on gear.
http://www.wowprovider.com/?talent=11215875_2_8050501i503m552303512d150

since many people wonder why I am ret wearing spellpower stuff in raids instead of going shock atleast (even had a guild kick once cause the raidleader thought I was holy and I wasn't and didn't tell me.... if he knew me he would've known that i never heal but that's a different story.) I will explain to you step by step why this spec is so amazing and what makes it better than shock which is considered the only spellpower damage spec by lotsa unknowing paladins.

Holy:
5/5 divine int for obvious reasons

5/5 seal of righteousness because you don't want a chance on hit to trigger it but a guaranteed proc on every hit. (gets buffed by spellpower and at around 450 ish spellpower or so even the judgements will do more damage than command.) It's just the better seal for spell dmg gear

1/1 consecration cause you will be spamming this liek a baus

Prot:

5/5 Imp devotion Aura to get down to precision and cause devo aura ruuuuuuulz

3/3 precision because you want to hit the mob more often

Ret:
5/5 benediction since judgements and seals are the most used spells for you along with consecration so you obviously don't want them to cost the full amount when you can reduce the cost

5/5 Imp BOM because your melees will love you and you got spare points for it

2/2 Imp judgement to judge more often

3/3 imp seal of crusader increases your holy dmg even more. you ALWAYS ALWAYS start the fight by judging crusader on the target, do righteousness until ur judge is back up, then judge wisdom and THEN you go ahead and judge righteousness until the boss is down (on trash u dont do that cuz they die so fast anyway^^)

5/5 conviction more crit=more vengeance

3/3 vindication + 2/2 Pursuit of justice + seal of command reducing the enemies' strength and running faster is always good and seal of command is le boss.... even if you don't use it it owns. (and theres nothing left that's not useless)

Sancticy Aura 1/1 and Vengeance 5/5:
This is what the whole spec is about, sancticity obiously increases your holy dmg by 10% and your main source of damage is holy dmg so it's almost a flat 10% damage increase. you want this. Vengeance procs when you crit and since you are auto attacking (which should be around 10-15% crit in caster gear) and judging (spellcrit from +spellcrit gear and int) you will have vengeance up around 70% + of the time (get a fast spellpower onehand like lok amir)

just these 6 talent points give you a 10% damage increase (minus whites but w/e) that you can just activate and a total of 25% damage increase that's up most of the time in a bossfight.

That's what makes the spec so good. Of course you will not top the dmg meter at the start of the fight since you don't just start bamming the shit outa the boss like a mage but just take your time to put crusader and wisdom up and start dpsing, the spec does constant damage and even tho you might not see those big crit bursts that a "warrior pala" has your damage done and also the dps will be much higher than with a 2hander because when a 2hand pala misses that means he didnt do anything since the last swing until the next which is 3-4 secons... that's no damage at all while a spellpower pala attacks fast, if he misses he will hit again in ~2 seconds and the consecration still doesn dmg.

I just hope this isn't too much wall of text for you lol.... I kinda had a talking flash and since I'm sitting in front of the computer I have to type instead of talking just to communicate .... i don't really care if any1 reads this tbh im just writing it because it's fun writing it.... and now I worry about what you might think about me and my drug abusing behavior.... idc actually

I hope you like it, I hope it helps you. If it doesn't help you prolly either didn't understand it or you figured that all out yourself already in the weeks that passed since you made the topic.
If it DOES help you I am a very happy panda and I did my good deed today... means I can go kick some childrens outta the sandbox. bai imma go do that Smiley it sounds like fun Smiley

HF WIF GUIDE ME MUST STOP MASELF FROM TYPING ANYMORE STUFFZ!!

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
I just saw alex made the topic.... well uhm.... I think the guide is viable tho XD (don't get me wrong i like him and would have that guide also if I had seen it but I explained it to him quite long ingame alrdy xD)
imme go ahead and maek dem class guides in dem classix! :O
shaman: spam lightening bolt u gud ))

Hoooly shiiit it's a piece of art!!!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 02:55:35 am by Joru » Logged

Hate for a class is the result of ignorance in your own class.
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2012, 07:51:55 pm »

ACHTUNG!!!
GEFAHR!!!
[/b] <--- fu didnt't fail, /b/ is /b/

WALL OF TEXT AHEAD

Well so this is le specs I used when I raided actively as dps:

Le big 2hander and lotsa warrior items just put up seal of crusader, use command for autoattacks and judges, use consecration only when you really got alot of mana (which will rarely happen until you got some T2.5 and other ret paladin (melee attributes and casters') items which got melee stats AND some int/spell power on it. and even then you have to watch your mana very well with this spec.
http://www.wowprovider.com/?talent=11215875_2_855d1i503m5523c512003150

Le spellpower 1hander (xcept the 2hander has more spellpower lol) spec. You wanna stack spellpower, int and spell crit with this spec. It's not very different from the 2hander playstyle (xcept it does more damage) but since you only wanna wear caster items in this spec you won't need to worry about having too less mana in raids. But to do acceptable damage with this spec you should atleast have around 300 spellpower, more is better, less makes the spec gimped so it really depends on gear.
http://www.wowprovider.com/?talent=11215875_2_8050501i503m552303512d150

since many people wonder why I am ret wearing spellpower stuff in raids instead of going shock atleast (even had a guild kick once cause the raidleader thought I was holy and I wasn't and didn't tell me.... if he knew me he would've known that i never heal but that's a different story.) I will explain to you step by step why this spec is so amazing and what makes it better than shock which is considered the only spellpower damage spec by lotsa unknowing paladins.

Holy:
5/5 divine int for obvious reasons

5/5 seal of righteousness because you don't want a chance on hit to trigger it but a guaranteed proc on every hit. (gets buffed by spellpower and at around 450 ish spellpower or so even the judgements will do more damage than command.) It's just the better seal for spell dmg gear

1/1 consecration cause you will be spamming this liek a baus

Prot:

5/5 Imp devotion Aura to get down to precision and cause devo aura ruuuuuuulz

3/3 precision because you want to hit the mob more often

Ret:
5/5 benediction since judgements and seals are the most used spells for you along with consecration so you obviously don't want them to cost the full amount when you can reduce the cost

5/5 Imp BOM because your melees will love you and you got spare points for it

2/2 Imp judgement to judge more often

3/3 imp seal of crusader increases your holy dmg even more. you ALWAYS ALWAYS start the fight by judging crusader on the target, do righteousness until ur judge is back up, then judge wisdom and THEN you go ahead and judge righteousness until the boss is down (on trash u dont do that cuz they die so fast anyway^^)

5/5 conviction more crit=more vengeance

3/3 vindication + 2/2 Pursuit of justice + seal of command reducing the enemies' strength and running faster is always good and seal of command is le boss.... even if you don't use it it owns. (and theres nothing left that's not useless)

Sancticy Aura 1/1 and Vengeance 5/5:
This is what the whole spec is about, sancticity obiously increases your holy dmg by 10% and your main source of damage is holy dmg so it's almost a flat 10% damage increase. you want this. Vengeance procs when you crit and since you are auto attacking (which should be around 10-15% crit in caster gear) and judging (spellcrit from +spellcrit gear and int) you will have vengeance up around 70% + of the time (get a fast spellpower onehand like lok amir)

just these 6 talent points give you a 10% damage increase (minus whites but w/e) that you can just activate and a total of 25% damage increase that's up most of the time in a bossfight.

That's what makes the spec so good. Of course you will not top the dmg meter at the start of the fight since you don't just start bamming the shit outa the boss like a mage but just take your time to put crusader and wisdom up and start dpsing, the spec does constant damage and even tho you might not see those big crit bursts that a "warrior pala" has your damage done and also the dps will be much higher than with a 2hander because when a 2hand pala misses that means he didnt do anything since the last swing until the next which is 3-4 secons... that's no damage at all while a spellpower pala attacks fast, if he misses he will hit again in ~2 seconds and the consecration still doesn dmg.

I just hope this isn't too much wall of text for you lol.... I kinda had a talking flash and since I'm sitting in front of the computer I have to type instead of talking just to communicate .... i don't really care if any1 reads this tbh im just writing it because it's fun writing it.... and now I worry about what you might think about me and my drug abusing behavior.... idc actually

I hope you like it, I hope it helps you. If it doesn't help you prolly either didn't understand it or you figured that all out yourself already in the weeks that passed since you made the topic.
If it DOES help you I am a very happy panda and I did my good deed today... means I can go kick some childrens outta the sandbox. bai imma go do that Smiley it sounds like fun Smiley

HF WIF GUIDE ME MUST STOP MASELF FROM TYPING ANYMORE STUFFZ!!

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
I just saw alex made the topic.... well uhm.... I think the guide is viable tho XD (don't get me wrong i like him and would have that guide also if I had seen it but I explained it to him quite long ingame alrdy xD)
imme go ahead and maek dem class guides in dem classix! :O
shaman: spam lightening bolt u gud ))

Hoooly shiiit it's a piece of art!!!
i didn't saw this thread untill now..nice guide joru wherever u are slacking atm.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: