September 24, 2020, 04:06:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
148241 Posts in 18019 Topics- by 33721 Members - Latest Member: Jimsim
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sid, the priest.  (Read 2955 times)
View Profile
« on: January 01, 2010, 05:16:27 am »

Q1. What is your main character's in-game name? My name is Sid on the 3.2.2 server.

Q2. What is your real name? Kevin Nygren.

Q3. Where in the world are you located? Sweden.

Q4. What time zone are you located in?: That would be GMT +1.

Q5. How old are you?: 15 i turn 16, 25th of may.

Q6. Have you played Retail and if so, for how long? Yes, I have indeed, played on retail since the patch "1.12.1".

Q7. What times exactly can you GM? (Be specific please : Days/Times etc): Around 4:OOPM to 11PM (Eastern Standart), certain times in that.
Monday: 6:00am- 8:00am (Server Time)
Tuesday: 10:00am - 1:00am (Server Time)
Wednesday: 10:00am - 1:00am (Server Time)
Thursday: 6:00pm - 1:00am (Server Time)
Friday: 1:00pm - 3:00am (Server Time)
Saturday 10:00am - 3:00am (Server Time)
Sunday 10:00am - 1:00am (Server Time)

Q8. How much time each day do you spend on WoW, on the forums or in-game?
In-game: 3-5 hours a day.
Forums: Online pretty much 24/7, active about 2 hours.

Q9. Have you had previous experience as a Game Master? And if so, on what server, and function?
SoulBoundWoW (right when it was started) also known as Mutiny-WoW. WoW-hazzard (Developer), and last but not least my own server, doesnt say alote does it?
But anyway I'm going to renew my skills a little bit, instead of using GMH/MangAdmin to do the commands for me.

Q10. Tell us a little about yourself:
I am a happy lad who is very social.
I like to see friends and do fun stuff, like conserts, play football or video/computer games.
I practise Muay Thai which is a form of Thai-boxing, as well as kung fu wich is a Chinese martial arts.
In Chinese, kung fu can be used in contexts completely unrelated to martial arts, and refers colloquially to any individual accomplishment or skill cultivated through long and hard work. In contrast, wushu is a more precise term for general martial activities.

Q11. Explain why you think you would be a good GM: I believe i would be good with the VanillaGaming Staff, as i am a respected player both on retail and on private servers. I am able to help anyone with any situation (From technical computer issues, to server side bugs/glitches). I'm also a very reliable guy. For my age, I've been told I am very mature. I love to have fun, but at the same time I know when to act serious.

Q12. What interests you most about the GM position?: I want to help this server since I like it so much, I feel that I will be able to do so if I become a GM. I would enjoy being a Game Master as I already spend 70% of my in-game time helping people with whatever they need help with.

Q13. What positive additions could you (or do you already) make to the server/Community?: Because of the lack of GMs at the moment, and since I am on so much, I would help to make sure that there is always atleast 1 Game Master on during each hour of the 24-hour period. I would as well contribute with fun things, like events.

Q14. We require all GM's to act professional at all times, this includes proper spelling and grammar.
      [We will not accept you if you have a lack of proper spelling and grammar]

Absolutely no problems with it =P.

Q15. If you were going to submit a suggestion for us, what would it be?: Fix the donation prices, because the child any time can ask their mom/dad for $10.

Q16. Events can get out of control, how would you pull a situation under control if it went bad?: It depends entirely agree on the situation, how many people are involved, how many people are concerned, it is serious or not. Is it really bad, just finish what you're doing. Teleport all from there and tell them they can not continue like that and then you give them consequences, such as,
Mute.
Suspended for a wise time.
or we can simply not have any more events for some time.

Q17. What do you think is the most important thing a GM can do?: I would say that the biggest part is to provide them with the support they need, as well as events (But not a must).

Q18. How good is your knowledge of the commands you have to use in World of Warcraft? I'll read them a bit. To pick up some forgotten details.

Q19. Do you know WHAT a gm does? Please explain:
The gamemaster prepares the game session for the players and the characters they play (known as player characters or PCs). The GM describes the events and decides on the outcomes of players' decisions. The gamemaster also keeps track of non-player characters (NPCs) and random encounters, as well as of the general state of the game world. The game session (or "adventure") can be metaphorically described as a play, in which the players are the lead actors, and the GM provides the stage, the scenery, the basic plot on which the improvisational script is built, as well as all the bit parts and supporting characters.

Q20a. What will you do if a Player asked you for help?: Haha, conditions matter?

Q20b. And when you don't have time to help him? You have to know how long time you have before you log on to help the players. Flagging for such a technical and a bit more difficult issues can occur.

Q21. What can you do to help the server grow? A lot of advertising if it were necessary, but not server spam as it may look like the server is unserious.

Cheers, I hope it was good and that you give me the thumbs up.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 02:42:33 pm by Sid » Logged
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 02:24:09 pm »

This looks like a good application, but I'm afraid untill we get a bigger population we don't need any extra GameMasters, your application will be kept for when we do need more.

Btw only 1 post?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 04:00:47 am »

Just moved to this forum ;P
And thank you for the good feedback.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: