July 05, 2020, 07:22:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
147912 Posts in 17989 Topics- by 33517 Members - Latest Member: ajlano
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Guild Wars 2  (Read 12029 times)
The Paladin
Drakonslayer
View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2011, 03:32:21 am »

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=NL#/watch?v=xBC_ig73aMs
Some nice footage en comments.
Looks awsome imo
Enjoy!!!!!

this is what i get when i click your link:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-WmQ1YEklY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-WmQ1YEklY</a>
wtf

Hate for a class is the result of ignorance in your own class.
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2011, 07:21:20 am »

i never played guild wars but if all it cost me $30 and i get a lifetime account play online for free i might have to buy in.  what races are in the first game? because all i am seeing are humans.

Burning in Hell
View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2011, 09:28:30 am »

The first is all humans with 2 factions at war over a territory known as the Jade Sea, a sea literally turned into jade.  GW2 is supposed to let us play any race and includes a new race.  In the first you can get other races in your party as henchmen.  I get cheesed off at the henchmen AI sometimes when the monks fail to heal you up.

Right now the Blackwitch has the best detailed review (although her review shows bias).

Yes, I am bias on Guild Wars.  Here is a list of some of the cons to balance my karma. Cheesy  Please remember this is GW original and might change when they get around to releasing number 2.

You cannot jump, gear is limited to a few choices, and you have to buy expansions and earn reputation to get the other armor, a player can only wear their own class armor and not any other class, death penalty exists where every time you die and resurrect it .  The penalty is -15% each time on your stats up to a max of -60%.  Once you return to any city the stats return to normal.

The only bad thing in PvP are the leeches who stand idle and let the group earn for them.  But they get caught and punished.   However there are few or no GMs (at least when I play) they use an automatic system of some sort and that can get you in trouble and you have to contact some one to fix things.

I believe most people will find the good will out weigh the bad.  I play a lot of games GW and WoW are pretty close but if I had to choose I would choose GW.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2011, 03:24:52 pm »

Sounds great, any difference if I get a digital download or buy the box in stores?  If not I will get the digital download right away.

Burning in Hell
View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2011, 04:05:35 pm »

No difference just a box. Probably a better to buy direct from the company. There are a total of 4 games, you have first 3 in a pack for $30 then Eye of the North for $20 which you will need a lvl 10+ for that so just buy yourself the 3 pack for now.  Enjoy but not so much that you forget to play here too!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2011, 05:53:52 pm »

In guildwars 2 you get realm vs realm pvp and regular bg's + its possible too lvl up only by pvping.
Strange that the link aint working but if you type gw2 in youtube you get loads of movies about gameplay etc.

Friar- undead priest.
Boltthrower- undead mage
Blank- orc rogue
Covenant- orc warrior
Devastator- orc hunter
Stormbane- human warrior
View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2011, 06:40:51 pm »

well I have been playing.  first very impressive graphics!  great character creation too, i get to choose height of my charater even!!  i'm a little flaky on the controls the camera is a bit different sometime it runs along side you.  you can draw on the mini map.  the hardest part about starting out is naming your character and you get a long line so my first character is <red xxxxx witch> a necromancer.  as soon as i got in town i found someone to assist me. and we went to this labyrnth together.  when you are in a party and the monsters drop treasure.  you can only pick up what rightfully belongs to you.  we shared the gold.  they have platnum which is 100 gold.  so far that is what i found very different about the game. oh and you have to log in with email adress, password, and the name of a character.  that is why i put the xxxxx in my character name since she is part of the security system.

don't worry, i am going to play some wow now too. but thanks this is a good game also.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2011, 08:32:30 am »

Check out the main page of guildwars 2 Epic. You will love this if you like gw 1!!
http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/professions/

Friar- undead priest.
Boltthrower- undead mage
Blank- orc rogue
Covenant- orc warrior
Devastator- orc hunter
Stormbane- human warrior
Always watching...
View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2011, 09:11:42 am »

Did you purchase stock in ArenaNet? LOL
View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2011, 10:44:59 am »

Did you purchase stock in ArenaNet? LOL
No lol im just very very hoping it releases soon.  I just wanne share my happiness ;-)

Friar- undead priest.
Boltthrower- undead mage
Blank- orc rogue
Covenant- orc warrior
Devastator- orc hunter
Stormbane- human warrior
Roll all day, ride all night.
Nightshade@live.dk View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2011, 11:23:07 am »

@Kinetix: You sir would not be my choice for a game reviewer.  As it stands, you just called the game shit twice, and sound too much like a troll.

Trollololololol

Slang:
The ever-evolving bastardization of the written and spoken language as a result of social and cultural idolization of uneducated, unitelligable celebrities.
View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2011, 04:47:36 pm »

well i got to tell you what i found out about this game today.  there are no mailboxes!  yes... you can trade but you have to be face to face. damn it blackwitch you made me spend my hard earned money on a great mmorpg, with beautiful visuals, great game play, and there are no mail boxes!

oh well they should add a pony express or something in gw2 right?

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2011, 10:28:49 pm »

what class u playing now? I might have some stuff in my storage. Since u can trade items you used lol.

Friar- undead priest.
Boltthrower- undead mage
Blank- orc rogue
Covenant- orc warrior
Devastator- orc hunter
Stormbane- human warrior
View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2011, 09:31:26 pm »

at the moment i have only 2 but focused on 1 i am still pretty noobish but i found it easier (less crowded) to play on the  international server.  my primary is a female necro / monk  and my alt is a male warrior / necro.  you mean the whole soul bound issue? i notice there are a lot of good options in this game but there are some i miss from wow.  also i think it must have been pretty easy for thse people to make gw since wow was already out and it was probably a lot of just listening to what works and doesn't work.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2011, 11:30:29 pm »

Checked today i got nothing usefull anymore :s But no prob you get stuff farely easy in gw hehe. Ye the soulbound issue. But indeed they good some good things in gw loved it that you could reset your talents whenever your in a town without any costs attached to it! Played a ranger/monk cool class combo high surviveabilty. But i gues everything that goes with a monk :p
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 11:36:15 pm by storm1986 » Logged

Friar- undead priest.
Boltthrower- undead mage
Blank- orc rogue
Covenant- orc warrior
Devastator- orc hunter
Stormbane- human warrior
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: