September 22, 2020, 03:01:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
148239 Posts in 18018 Topics- by 33718 Members - Latest Member: Geraldles
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Star Wars: The Old Republic  (Read 8516 times)
Bane
View Profile Email
« on: July 25, 2011, 12:49:45 pm »

Anyone else planning on playing Star Wars: The Old Republic? I've been waiting for this since I finished KotOR 2, god knows how many years ago, and I'm really quite excited

Thanks Firefly!
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 12:53:57 pm »

Anyone else planning on playing Star Wars: The Old Republic? I've been waiting for this since I finished KotOR 2, god knows how many years ago, and I'm really quite excited

To put it subtly. HELL YEAH!

I've been waiting since KotOR 2 aswell. That was released in 2005. You guys can do the math ^^
Gunna be a real good game. Actual dialog on an MMO?! Cheesy
Bane
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 12:56:59 pm »

Oh yeah, and hopefully a lot more story-driven than other MMOs. This is Bioware and I'm expecting a quality storyline

Did you pre-order yet? ^^

Thanks Firefly!
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 12:58:55 pm »

Hoping to get some cash and pre order it soon! Maybe today Cheesy
Bane
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 01:03:49 pm »

Kewl. You going Republic or Empire?

Thanks Firefly!
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 01:09:54 pm »

I think I'll hit with Republic, reason being every man and his dog is going to go Empire because they want to be a freaking Sith Lord.
Me, I was much more a man for the "grey jedi" kinda guys.
Bane
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 01:22:45 pm »

I see, I see, like Jolee Bindo. I'll be going with Empire most likely, the imperial agent seemed like a very attractive class to me

Thanks Firefly!
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 02:03:14 pm »

Pre ordering later today Cheesy
Roll all day, ride all night.
Nightshade@live.dk View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 02:36:19 pm »

Ill hit thiis game, as bounty hunter.   

Slang:
The ever-evolving bastardization of the written and spoken language as a result of social and cultural idolization of uneducated, unitelligable celebrities.
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 02:45:47 pm »

Alright Boba, was gunna be my choice. I loved Boba when I was a kid.
Love the Gnomes
View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2011, 02:59:55 pm »

I'm not going to pre-order.  I know several of my friends are getting it.  I will fully evaluate all it has to offer before investing.  

What will PvP be like?  
Will there be World PvP?  
What is end game comprised of?  
Do the games graphics look inviting and do the characters flow naturally in movement?  
Did the Devs take care in making good ambiance to the environments, and place subtle nuances?  
Will there be a good balance of ground and space adventuring?  
Will there be a real need for grouping and guilds or will it be a massive fail like Star Trek online and have absolutely no need to interact with other players at all and solo all the way to max level?
Will the user interface be mod friendly?
Will the user interface be user friendly and display everything needed wothout being to complex or crowd the screen?
How will the game handle lag?
Will the game be playable on most PCs?
How much will be unfinished when the game reaches release date?
How much will Bioware (Now EA) promise the players that unfinished functions and/or options will be added but then not give a date? 

I have MUCH experience with MMOs.  These are all questions everyone needs to ask before buying.   

This is only the beginning of questions I have for the game and ANY MMO that comes out.  I have been playing games for a LONG time.  I have a long long list of MMOs I have played and paied for.  I have also seen games get a lot of press and fail, and others get very little and be great games.

In short.  I'm not jumping in and paying their bills till I know its not going to suck.  Flashy graphics and a Star Wars theme will not be enough.  The game has to be a good game with high replayability.  
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 03:05:21 pm by Spot » Logged

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2011, 03:09:05 pm »

a Star Wars theme will not be enough.

LIES!

More seriously now. That's a very good idea Spot, well thought out and constructed questions.
I think I shall use these questions when looking at different MMO's. Thanks Smiley
The Paladin
Drakonslayer
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2011, 03:09:11 pm »

sith inquisitor. nuff said.

Hate for a class is the result of ignorance in your own class.
Bane
View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2011, 03:17:02 pm »

I'm not going to pre-order.  I know several of my friends are getting it.  I will fully evaluate all it has to offer before investing.  

What will PvP be like?  
Will there be World PvP?  
What is end game comprised of?  
Do the games graphics look inviting and do the characters flow naturally in movement?  
Did the Devs take care in making good ambiance to the environments, and place subtle nuances?  
Will there be a good balance of ground and space adventuring?  
Will there be a real need for grouping and guilds or will it be a massive fail like Star Trek online and have absolutely no need to interact with other players at all and solo all the way to max level?
Will the user interface be mod friendly?
Will the user interface be user friendly and display everything needed wothout being to complex or crowd the screen?
How will the game handle lag?
Will the game be playable on most PCs?
How much will be unfinished when the game reaches release date?
How much will Bioware (Now EA) promise the players that unfinished functions and/or options will be added but then not give a date?  

I have MUCH experience with MMOs.  These are all questions everyone needs to ask before buying.  

This is only the beginning of questions I have for the game and ANY MMO that comes out.  I have been playing games for a LONG time.  I have a long long list of MMOs I have played and paied for.  I have also seen games get a lot of press and fail, and others get very little and be great games.

In short.  I'm not jumping in and paying their bills till I know its not going to suck.  Flashy graphics and a Star Wars theme will not be enough.  The game has to be a good game with high replayability.  

You'll probably be quite disappointed if you set all those requirements for the game, seeing as Bioware is now a subsidiary of EA
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 03:20:31 pm by Bane » Logged

Thanks Firefly!
Roll all day, ride all night.
Nightshade@live.dk View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2011, 03:26:34 pm »

Alright Boba, was gunna be my choice. I loved Boba when I was a kid.

I recall playing the ps2 game Bounty Hunter back the days, as Jango Fett, tthat was real fun... And ofcause the clone wars online rofl....

Slang:
The ever-evolving bastardization of the written and spoken language as a result of social and cultural idolization of uneducated, unitelligable celebrities.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: