September 24, 2020, 03:59:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
148241 Posts in 18019 Topics- by 33721 Members - Latest Member: Jimsim
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cpt. Obvious strikes again ._.  (Read 3779 times)
lineageman_2@hotmai.com View Profile Email
« on: December 29, 2009, 04:18:54 am »

Q1. What is your main character's in-game name?
Kenion

Q2. What is your real name?
Christian

Q3. Where in the world are you located?
Finland

Q4. What time zone are you located in?
UTC/GMT +2 hours,finland/helsinki

Q5. How old are you?

Q6. Have you played Retail and if so, for how long?
Yes i had few twinks and i have played since beta,but then when the burning crusade came out i didn't really like it so i didn't play it to end,now then when Wotlk first came out and when i tried PTR and stuff it was really great at least i thought so but now it is just end game raiding and REALLY REALLY boring,i still have 80 warrior,80 rogue,80 shaman and 74 mage which i can't bother to level anymore and i still spend most of the time here.

Q7. What times exactly can you GM? (Be specific please : Days/Times etc)
In game i am mostly online Monday-Friday from 14:00,15:00,16:00->23:00
UTC/GMT +2 hours Finland/Helsinki time
Unless i am doing something important or someone has died,then yes i cannot login OR if the thing is not so important and the server needs help immediatly then there not much of the problem.

Q8. How much time each day do you spend on WoW, on the forums or in-game?
I haven't really spent much time on the forums, but i'll continue right away of cause.
In game i am a lot online, so i could replace one of the game masters if he/she isn't online.
I have been lately everyday at least 20 minutes+ on the forums and occasionally i check the forums while in game anyway.

Q9. Have you had previous experience as a Game Master? And if so, on what server, and function?
Well i had my own mangos server with around 50-150 players on. The servers name was dream-wow.
It isn't up anymore and i got a lot of good friends there
Now i know all of the commands and yes i know this is arcemu server,and if i cannot or somehow my mind messes up and i can't remember some certain command i have always the GM addon which helps me if needed but it is a lot faster to do the things without the addon,just in case i forgot something.
I trained with the commands on my own made arcemu server i downloaded the pack and made it up,then just tried all the commands there and messed up and had some fun a bit,of course having the ''fun'' isn't much allowed here.

Q10. Tell us a little about yourself.
Well i am 16 years old, friendly and reliable guy.
I live in Finland, in a city called Helsinki. I spend a lot of time with my friends, and my girlfriend.
While not being with my friends/girlfriend, i spend all my time on World of war craft.

Q11. Explain why you think you would be a good GM.
Well mostly why i think i would be an good GM cause i am friendly, i have passion, and i don't give up right away.Also i like to help people,i will say phew and have an good feeling of helping player succesfully

Q12. What interests you most about the GM position?
The fact that you can help players in so many ways. You have a huge amount of commands available to help players.
I always get this "good feeling in my heart" when i have helped a player, succesfully though there are a lot of commands it is not allowed to over advantage player.

Q13. What positive additions could you (or do you already) make to the server/Community?
I have helped several people with farming greens for disenchanting, and some people have asked me questions regarding professions, and stuff like that.
I have helped them and i keep on doing that in the future. (Of cause not helping them with farming greens while i am on my GM account.

Q14. We require all GM's to act professional at all times, this includes proper spelling and grammar.
[We will not accept you if you have a lack of proper spelling and grammar]
Well mostly i don't make typos and i can grammar well enough.

Q15. If you were going to submit a suggestion for us, what would it be?
I think you should decrease the drop rates of epics and rares,as you've maybe seen the AH theres new epic item almost everyday,i saw one guy with 4 krol blades one day and the highest drop chance is 0.2% OUT of rare.

Q16. Events can get out of control, how would you pull a situation under control if it went bad?
If it gets compeletely out of control it is a must to cancel the even due to not listening rules what GM says and inmaturety,event will be immediately canceled,of course if i get helm from another GM and mostly one GM organize event him self anyway.

Q17. What do you think is the most important thing a GM can do?
Mostly help people and answer tickets, keep an eye out for bug abusers, hackers and make players more happy.Doing events is not the most important thing watching out for abusers etc and helping people is the main thing to do.

Q18. How good is your knowledge of the commands you have to use in World of Warcraft?
I know most of the commands and won't have many problems.No need to get used to the commands anymore as i said i practised in own arcemu server,downloaded the pack and put the server up and test the commands,i was surprised i remembered most of them.

Q19. Do you know WHAT a gm does? Please explain.
A GM's main job is to keep the server in order, and answer tickets.
They shall always keep and eye out for bug abusers, exploit abusers and hackers.
Events is not a must, but it does indeed makes the server more "happy".

Q20a. What will you do if a Player asked you for help?
First i would tell him to do an ticket, thats the first option to get catch of GM unless its another situtation,and quickly needed help of seeing some hacker ETC.

Q20b. And when you don't have time to help him?
Ill tell him i am gonna help him as soon as i can.
I never ever should ignore players,that gives even more bad reputation as you as GM,every player is similar to me and no one of them will get over advantage over another player.

Q21. What can you do to help the server grow?
Well since firefly didn't finish tribe i think i will try to finish it with him,helping people also.
People will be top,not the movie.So this ''movie'' could only get more people/trying to get more people.
Have been using vegas pro and adobe cs4 these few days now,and i have seen a difference that i can edit pretty good now,but i need geforces help for sure.

Q21. Why do i have bad reputation at this moment with the server staff (at least i think so and this is my
question i made up myself)
Well since i honor abused in graveyard even though Geforce told me that it is legal and i thought some of the GM's know the rules well.. >.< To be honest he wasn't GM that time anymore but still..and no i don't blame geforce about this this we have figured it out anyway.

The application isn't very long and i don't like to pronounce my self with long and boring text,but thats just me but if you need future info about me thats no problem at all.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 12:12:24 am by Obvious » Logged

Kenion,60 rogue.
Bane
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 05:25:56 am »

Of course, obviously

Thanks Firefly!
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 02:24:23 pm »

This looks like a good application, but I'm afraid untill we get a bigger population we don't need any extra GameMasters, your application will be kept for when we do need more.

lineageman_2@hotmai.com View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 08:54:40 pm »

Thanks for telling that.
I am patient so no problem anyway.

Kenion,60 rogue.
a.leo@gmx.com 1337 1337 View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 07:38:26 pm »

obvious ftw

Plissken
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 11:35:02 pm »

Hai there.

If I were you I would accept Obvious, he's a dedicated player and mature. I myself made him Officer of Quality cause of his maturity and dedication to the game.

And I don't believe you are short on GM's, you can never be short on GM's. I've heard many people doing tickets and never getting answered, myself aswell a couple of times.

Anyway, Hope you get accepted Obvious!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: