December 06, 2021, 04:44:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
148896 Posts in 18117 Topics- by 34255 Members - Latest Member: JackieBehr
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Mink's GM application  (Read 34959 times)
View Profile Email
« on: June 01, 2011, 02:36:27 am »

Requirements met.

Q1. What is your main character's in-game name?
Minori

Q2. What is your real name?
Kristine

Q3. Where in the world are you located?
Oslo, Norway

Q4. What time zone are you located in?
GMT+1

Q5. How old are you?

Q6. Have you played Retail and if so, for how long?
I played retail since release and stopped 1 year into BC.

Q7. What times exactly can you GM? (Be specific please : Days/Times etc)
I can quite literally GM all day. From I get up till I go to bed... 

Q8. How much time each day do you spend on WoW, on the forums or in-game?
6-7 hours on average, more or less depending whether it's a weekday or not.

Q9. Have you had previous experience as a Game Master? And if so, on what server, and function?
I was head of donations/admin @ World of Valhall. Server owner died IRL, all went downhill from then on.
I was a Ingame support GM @ Pretbc.com. Owner lost interest, and is now a bug project server without any players.
I was head of pre-tbc server @ Smolderforge. The server was shut down due to lack of interest. It's now only BC and WOTLK.

Q10. Tell us a little about yourself.
I'm Kristine, live with my parents outside Oslo. 20 years old, played WoW since it came out. I study art & design at the university, which is a lazy subject. I have alot of spare time which I usually spend photoshopping, playing WoW or reading Cheryl Cole's Twitter (lol)

Q11. Explain why you think you would be a good GM.
I've been a GM for 2,5 years now, it's come to that I'm actually a better GM than a player. I know Mangos, Ascent, Trinity and whatnot - I'm efficient, know everything by heart, and have a professional GM attitude.

Q12. What interests you most about the GM position?
I fancy the feeling of being "God". It sounds absolutely silly, but appearing to the 'common man' and helping him out, and then leave  is a rewarding feeling. Tbh I wish I was a GM irl -.-

Q13. What positive additions could you (or do you already) make to the server/Community?
Right now I'm doing a big effort to keep the WSGs balanced and up. From experience I know that no server can survive without an active PvP community.

Q14. We require all GM's to act professional at all times, this includes proper spelling and grammar.[We will not accept you if you have a lack of proper spelling and grammar]
Understandable

Q15. If you were going to submit a suggestion for us, what would it be?
There is hardly anything to suggest here. A very big one would be to change AQ20 into AQ10, which would be a huge success. But it takes alot of scripting.

Q16. Events can get out of control, how would you pull a situation under control if it went bad?
Announce, warn, freeze, group teleport - stop the event, re-organize and try again.

Q17. What do you think is the most important thing a GM can do?
Be invisible. You never saw a GM on retail, and you should neither see one here.

Q18. Do you know WHAT a gm does? Please explain.
Endless with tickets, informs about known broken quests/items/spells, being the "mom" in the world chat, supports and encourages. All in a discrete fashion.

Q19a. What will you do if a Player asked you for help?
Assuming he's asking through a ticket, I would whisper him asking if he still needs help and if he has time to address the issue with me now. If I can't fix it, I would assign the matter to another GM.

Q19b. And when you don't have time to help him?
I would ask him to make a ticket, and politely let him know that his problem will be dealt with soon.

Q20. What can you do to help the server grow?
I have quite a large network of people playing on different servers. I know many people playing WoW, and have already recruited some people here.

Moonfire > Starfire
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 03:02:41 am »

The more suggestions that's being mentioned, the more suggestions will fall dead. Atleast it's constructive, ey?

Moonfire > Starfire
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 07:20:53 am »

I think it look good. Really good actually!
Not many have so much previous GM experience as you've listed here.
The time available is also more than good enough.
So the only reason i can really think of right now to why you not getting accepted, is because it seems like a lot of the "Old GM's" are coming back. Meaning the server will have around 7 GM's.

However, personally i don't mind another one Wink

(Norsk verdensherredømme!)

- Arguing over the internet is like running in the special Olympics, even though you win, you're still a retard.

http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/niceshadesp1.gif
Sup
rasmus1991@gmail.com View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 08:23:25 am »

We done AQ20 with 8-9 persons
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 04:27:19 pm »

I'm going to be honest and show some criticism.

Your english is average as you're making A LOT of mistakes with capitalization and the 'a / an' rule.
Other than that, it looks good except the suggestion.. Vanilla WoW was about raiding with a high number of players, making it a 10 man raid would ruin the fun of it, making it look like TBC instead of pre-tbc
Red Box pl0x
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 04:33:52 pm »

I remember world of valhall before ralph died. was a good server hope you get the part we need a few more active gms it seems.
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 04:34:26 pm »

I'm going to be honest and show some criticism.

Your english is average as you're making A LOT of mistakes with capitalization and the 'a / an' rule.
Other than that, it looks good except the suggestion.. Vanilla WoW was about raiding with a high number of players, making it a 10 man raid would ruin the fun of it, making it look like TBC instead of pre-tbc

"I was a Ingame support GM" ---> "I was an In game support GM".

A lot? Really, didn't know.

Moonfire > Starfire
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 05:11:50 pm »

-1 sorry:\

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2011, 06:05:29 pm »

Look closer, I can see some more capitalization mistakes here and there.. - just like you posted up there.. in-game shouldn't be capitalizated.. - It does count as a grammar issue
View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 06:20:29 pm »

Look closer, I can see some more capitalization mistakes here and there.. - just like you posted up there.. in-game shouldn't be capitalizated.. - It does count as a grammar issue

The systematic use of capitalized and un-capitalized words in running text is called "mixed case".
And sorry to inform you that In-game support GM is a title, hence the capital "I".

But thank you for reading my application!:)

Moonfire > Starfire
Bane
View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2011, 01:05:29 pm »

Gets my vote. I really enjoy your attitude

Thanks Firefly!
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2011, 10:08:46 pm »

You get my vote. Gief another girl in the GM team Smiley Charlotte is so lonely among us guys Smiley English is decent , GM experience more than needed. Just a little thing I don't like , your suggestion about AQ. We're aiming for Blizz scripted instances , so that would make it non-blizz. And yeah , good idea about GMs not showing up as on retail , but hey , it's a private server. Smiley So , except those 2 things , it's really great. But the thing is , now that server has 7 GMs , I don't think Zeard needs more , but hey , Good luck Smiley
Sroshokov - Copyrighted.
Shaman4life
View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2011, 10:44:59 pm »

LIE! no girls on the internetz!

Well, I like you and would love to see you make it in with the group, but it's 7 is a big number. I mean, I've already started making stuff that i will release, like how milk is totally an abuser and stuff (j/k!)

Chars:
Sroshokov : Shaman High Warlord
Headndscope : Hunter r11
sh't you serious!?
View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2011, 03:27:50 pm »

Don't listen to all the human paladins saying -1; Your experience sounds trustful, i played vallhall before ralph died(RIP) too, it was a great server. No wonder. judging by your application ONLY i can tell u'll be useful. AND AS RARELY AS TYL APPROVES ANYTHING, +1 right there.

Tylbeast®
View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2011, 09:36:20 pm »

thanks yous

Moonfire > Starfire
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: