August 08, 2020, 10:13:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
148046 Posts in 18010 Topics- by 33610 Members - Latest Member: Tracydievy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [DEVELOPER/GM APP] Talrain  (Read 2367 times)
View Profile
« on: February 03, 2010, 05:32:35 am »

Q1. What is your main character's in-game name?
Talrain

Q2. What is your real name?
Mark

Q3. Where in the world are you located?
Los Angeles, CA, US

Q4. What time zone are you located in?
Pacific US (-8 hours from Sweden if I remember correctly)

Q5. How old are you?

Q6. Have you played Retail and if so, for how long?
Since launch just about. I played all the way through Classic and into SSC in BC before switching to private servers.

Q7. What times exactly can you GM? (Be specific please : Days/Times etc)
Afternoons and evenings in the US 4-11pm to low ball it Pacific time 5 or 6 days a week. That's a low estimate.

Q8. How much time each day do you spend on WoW, on the forums or in-game?
5-7 hours on average I'd say. Some days more or less depending on how hooked I am (and I am hooked on this server).

Q9. Have you had previous experience as a Game Master?
I was a GM for now defunct WoWFusion which was always in the top 10 on Xtreme 100 while I was a GM and frequently #1 or in the top 3. I was Head GM of the Cold Fusion PvP server which including some developing.
I also owned a PreBC server for several months that showed a profit. I had to shut down due to Blizzard's crackdown on private servers before WOTLK. I did plenty of developing on there. Mostly PHP.

Q10. Tell us a little about yourself.
I play a lot of beach volleyball, league dodgeball and only play PreBC WoW. I own a successful business which allows me to work from home.

Q11. Explain why you think you would be a good GM.
I ran tons of events on WoWFusion with success. I completed classic retail WoW from ZG through a chunk of Naxx and remember how it is supposed to work. When I left WoWFusion I started playing exclusively on PreBC servers and owned one. I'd say I've played extensively on a total of 6 PreBC private servers.

Q12. What interests you most about the GM position?
I'm more interested in the developing aspect. I'm not sure if you count that as a separate position. I'd like to have a roll as both a GM and a developer. I love running events. This is the first 1.12 server I've played on and it has unlimited potential; I want it to succeed because I enjoy it.

Q13. What positive additions could you (or do you already) make to the server/Community?
I have PHP knowledge and experience scripting and fixing bugs. I've also leveled two 60s on here and know of the little problems that people don't usually bring up, but should be addressed.

Q14. We require all GM's to act professional at all times, this includes proper spelling and grammar.
      [We will not accept you if you have a lack of proper spelling and grammar]
I am a spelling and grammar nazi.

Q15. If you were going to submit a suggestion for us, what would it be?
Hire me so I can clear up some of the damn bugs! I'd also ask you to consider changes in the honor system. It seems like you have to spend your life in the battlegrounds to get anywhere (just like retail!), but we'll see how it goes. I'll retract that if Overlord makes it to HWL.

Q17. What do you think is the most important thing a GM can do?
Act swiftly against intentional bug abuse in PvP and encourage players to vote. As a developer: fix bugs.

Q18. How good is your knowledge of the commands you have to use in World of Warcraft?
100% if we're talking about an arcemu core. Same with old school ascent. I assume this is neither and I'd have to learn and unlearn some things, but they're all pretty similar.

Q19. Do you know WHAT a gm does? Please explain.
Many things. Answers tickets ranging from the ridiculous to someone unable to train an ability to serious issues that may require disciplinary action. GMs run events and enforce the rules of the server. I would like to also work on bugs and scripting while maintaining part time GM responsibilities.

Q20a. What will you do if a Player asked you for help?
I'd request they make a ticket. And then I'd help them to the best of my ability or refer the issue to my superiors if I am unable to.

Q20b. And when you don't have time to help him?
That won't be an issue unless I am in the middle of fixing something within my development responsibilities. I'd be sure to get back to them or make them a priority when my time is freed up.

Q21. What can you do to help the server grow?
Fix bugs and get missing scripts working and vote. That is what I can do to help grow the server.

I didn't see a developer application so I posted on here. I would like to have both GM and Developer responsibilities. I low balled how much time I have available rather than high ball it. I enjoy this server a lot and have an interest in seeing it grow.
Administrator
The only source of knowledge is experience.
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 10:07:37 am »

Seems nice will talk to you more later:)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 09:03:21 pm »

Cool. I'm Talrain in game or feel free to PM me. Looking forward to it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: