August 08, 2020, 11:31:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
148047 Posts in 18010 Topics- by 33610 Members - Latest Member: Tracydievy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mehr/Blah's GM APP  (Read 1940 times)
View Profile
« on: February 02, 2010, 12:42:00 am »

Q1. What is your main character's in-game name?
Mehr(feral tank druid) Blah(enhance shammy)
Q2. What is your real name?
Sammy B.
Q3. Where in the world are you located?
Flagstaff, Arizona USA
Q4. What time zone are you located in?
Mountain Standard(no Daylight savings time)

Q5. How old are you?
Q6. Have you played Retail and if so, for how long?
i've played retail since the game was released with several gaps in which i played on free servers, i still play on retail a little bit and currently have 5 different 80s... yes i play a lot lol.
Q7. What times exactly can you GM? (Be specific please : Days/Times etc)
I can be a GM pretty much whenever need be Fri-Monday but Tues-Thurs i have classes and wont be able to play very much, and i usually wake up between 10-11 am mount standard time and stay up till like 1-2 am.
Q8. How much time each day do you spend on WoW, on the forums or in-game?
toooo much... lol I play pretty much from when i wake up to when i got to sleep with like an huor or so break for meals(lunch/dinner) I do sometimes do stuff that will take up a day or at least part of it(i.e. snowboarding movies papers etc)
Q9. Have you had previous experience as a Game Master?
Sort of, for like a month or so i had my own private server that never really got big and only had a couple friends on it, but i was able to play around with the gm controls and familiarize myself with them. Never really had to deal with people as of yet however but i think i would be able to handle it fairly well.
Q10. Tell us a little about yourself.
I'm currently a full time college student who loves his video games lol.
Q11. Explain why you think you would be a good GM.
I think i would be a good gm because i would be able to offer my knowledge from playing the game so much, i have a pretty good understanding of how the game is supposed to work and familiar with many of the quests as i have played many many characters, also have had many experiences dealing with gms, both in retail and on free servers  so i know how to go about things have had many interactions with them. Also, i know how frustrating it is when you get stuck with something and can't get a hold of anyone who can do anything about it(recently had some troubles with blizzard billing and accounting and couldn't get a hold of them for days via email or phone... very frustrating)so i would like to be able to help people avoid having to deal with that.

Q12. What interests you most about the GM position?
I think my main interest in being a gm on this server is because i have been trying to find/hoping to find a good pre-bc downpatched server and this one is great so i want to be a part of helping it grow and community and trying to restore it with the fewest possible bugs to a true pre-bc server Cheesy.
Q13. What positive additions could you (or do you already) make to the server/Community?
I dont know, lol. I feel like im pretty easy to talk to and i usually am pretty understanding and dont really pick fights with people(except when it comes to politics then its on!!!)
Q14. We require all GM's to act professional at all times, this includes proper spelling and grammar.
      [We will not accept you if you have a lack of proper spelling and grammar]
I always try to have fairly accurate about my grammar, i mean im not super picky if i miss a comma or a period or something  but whenever i spell words wrong i always correct myself, or at least when i notice(which i think i do a pretty good job of).

Q15. If you were going to submit a suggestion for us, what would it be?
The biggest problems i see with this server so far is that health is somewhat buffed(but i believe that is too compensate for the small community) and then several small bugs across various different classes/professions
These are the ones I've noticed from playing, on my druid the Omen of Clarity is bugged, while the clearcasting buff does not work while in cat or bear form(it doesn't reduce the rage or energy cost of your spells) it is also bugged for heals, it doesn't work with rejuvenation(i think because its IC) and also whenever you cast the buff it grants you the clearcasting buff which does work for Regrowth and Healing Touch so you can keep healing by casting that every time before you heal you can use all your heals for 120 mana each. Another bug is faerie fire is bugged you can still learn the skill but when you put the talent point in there it doesn't stay so you end up loosing 1 talent point by getting it(i believe this is a known bug however). Lastly Alchemy, i know some people have had problems other people haven't but my Alchemy profession is really screwed up The drop down menus at the top of the screen are overlapping, i get an error message when i open it up, and also i can't see all of the things i can make i have to mess around with one of the drop down menus to try and get it to show what i want to make, sometimes it just duplicates the top 4 things i can make throughout the rest of the screen. As for the core of the server everything seems pretty smooth. 

Q17. What do you think is the most important thing a GM can do?
Depends what roll of gm you have, some gms just deal with tickets others deal with bugs, or scripting but as for a starting gm probably the best thing you can do is be helpful to anyone who needs it(via paying attention in the world chat or just answering tickets)
Q18. How good is your knowledge of the commands you have to use in World of Warcraft?
i knew lots of the gm commands, however that was a while ago and dont remember many off the top of my head but if i were to skim over a list somewhere i would remember.
Q19. Do you know WHAT a gm does? Please explain.
Again, depends on what your roll as a gm is but it is likely to assist players with any in game issues they may experience.
Q20a. What will you do if a Player asked you for help?
Well it depends what is asked, if i can help them i will if i think its a matter of me not knowing how to do something i will either ask another gm for help or simply look it up online, however if it is something that i know that can be assisted through some other means, i would simply direct them there(likely case would be to the forums or some wow data base such as wowhead or thottbot)
Q20b. And when you don't have time to help him?
Depends why i dont have time, if i literally don't have time and cannot help then i will either refer their issue to a gm that is on or ask them to post their issue on the forum and i will look at it when i do have time.
Q21. What can you do to help the server grow?
Help out in any way i can to fix bugs, try and refer people to the server, already know like 5 friends irl who play on here, and help by contributing any ideas i may have to help improve the server/ make it more desireable to play on.
Other:
I think the app pretty much says it all, at least there is nothing i can think of, if there is anything anyone wants to know about just ask and ill try and answer.
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 12:53:30 pm »

Judging by your GM app, I think this is a nice app, exept, I must say, your use of words is somewhat odd(aka computer language)
I hope that IF you get accepted you won't use that type of language.

Do you have any experience with TrinityCore commands?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: