May 08, 2021, 03:26:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
148683 Posts in 18083 Topics- by 34051 Members - Latest Member: airfoxtwo
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Arthel's GM Application  (Read 659 times)
View Profile
« on: March 30, 2021, 01:29:48 am »

Q1. What is your main character's in-game name?
Arthell

Q2. What is your real name?
Arthel

Q3. Where in the world are you located (time zone GMT+/-)?
GMT -4 (Eastern Standard time)

Q4. When are you available to work as a GM? (Be specific please: days/times)
Due to covid I should be available at any time, during normal schedule I would be available any time between 5pm-12AM.

Q5. How old are you?

Q6. How much time each day do you spend on WoW, on the forums or in-game?
Depends on the day but suffice it to say people are shocked whenever I post /played

Q7. Have you played Retail? If so, for how long?
Yes, from just before the honor system was introduced, until the end of Wrath of The Litch King.

Q8. Tell us a little about yourself.
I've been a video gamer ever since I was a child, I love to have fun and get along with everyone that I can, as we're all here to enjoy playing a video game.

Q9. Have you had previous experience as a Gamemaster? If yes, please explain.
I was a Game Master on an old Burning Crusade private server for about 5 years.  I am also currently the Head Admin on a GTA V Roleplay server.  I have screenshots and video footage of both my times mentioned above as a staff member if you guys would like to see.  I can also provide the discord link for the GTA V server as it is still active.

Q10. Explain why you think you would be a good Gamemaster.
I've played wow since I was about 14, I've had prior and current experience in video game moderation, and VG has always been my home for wow ever since I joined I believe in 2013.  I always try to be fair for everyone and I like to help players. Rather than just ban people I also try to get players to correct their behavior to prevent mishaps in the future and keep a healthy population.

Q11. What interests you most about becoming a Gamemaster ?
Being able to help people where other players would be helpless.  For example assisting players who are stuck and unable to move, helping players with broken quests, preventing other types of cheating/abuse.

Q12. Do you know WHAT a Gamemaster does? Please explain.
Gamemasters handle all kinds of issues from technical to personal issues between players, as well as assist the staff team in other capacities like development testing bug hunting etc.

Q13. What do you think is the most important thing a Gamemaster can do?
Have a positive impact on the community, whether it be a technical aspect like development, or a community aspect like assisting players.

Q14. What will you do if a Player asks you for help?
Provided their issue is something legitimate that is acceptable to help with, then I will help them of course ^^

Q15. What will you do if you are unable to help?
If it is an issue which can be dealt with then I will pass the problems to my superiors.

Q16. Gamemasters always use correct English spelling and grammar. Do you?
Most certainly, as a staff member one should appear professional.

Q17. If an event gets out of control, how would you how would you handle the situation?
I would separate those who are involved, speak to each of them individually to ascertain what the problems are, and then if I am able, give a solution, or as in question 15 if I am unable to then I would do my best to diffuse the situation at the time and then pass on the report to a senior staff member.

Q18. Have you ever committed any act of fraud or dishonesty? If yes, please explain.
No.  I always want to have a working relationship with those around me.  I hate people who do things like DKP burning.  Doing things like that just create hostile/toxic environments that nobody wants to be a part of.

Q19. If you were going to submit a suggestion for us, what would it be?
Add more items to the donation table which are normally unobtainable due to circumstance on VG (Like AB/AV rewards).

Q20. What positive additions could you (or do you already) make to the server/Community?
I would help random players with random tasks, surely any GM could do this, but what else I would add is a GM who's very interested in bringing up the PvP/battleground population.

Q21. Professionalism, integrity, and honesty are required at all times. In what ways do these words describe you?
When in a position of power I always try to act professional, honesty and integrity are intertwined with the job.  When <Immortals> was raiding I was made the rogue class leader- not because I was the best dps or pvper- but I was told it was because "I put the guild first."  This certainly describes my attitude, I actually passed on a King's fall drop because I stated "rules are rules" and gave it to the dagger rogue even though Superdowns told me "its yours if you want it."  Sometimes Integrity means you can lose out, but if I feel good about myself that I know I've done the right thing at the end of the day, thats more important to me.

Q22. Have you ever been disciplined by a Gamemaster on VanillaGaming?
Yes.  I was disciplined by Skurri.

Q23. What can you do to help the server grow?
From tasks such as helping random players who need/ask for help, I would bring players to the server, increase quality of pvp for Alliance & Horde both, and if allowed, I love doing events!  PvP tournaments, races, you name it!

Q24. What is your definition of teamwork?
Working together with a group of people in order to attain goals or fulfill a purpose.

Q25. Is there anything else that you would like the Staff to know?
I love VG, whether or not I get accepted ^^
I have forsaken Blizzard and VG will always be my WoW home.
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2021, 09:16:06 am »

Great guy! You are loved by many! +1
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 08:48:56 pm by Bizarro/Guimonar » Logged
Numba 1
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2021, 02:52:43 am »

more gm pls +1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2021, 06:10:21 pm »

Would make as a phenomenal GM no doubt about it.
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2021, 05:27:31 pm »

+1 Artell /Charrz is here xd
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2021, 04:14:34 am »

how many felstrikes tho?Huh

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2021, 10:14:39 pm »

Definately make this guy a GM. He has way too much VG knowledge not be here. He can help make VG more better again for NA timezone players.

bump bumpity bump bump

shabbot shalom
Assistant Administrator
Hail Caesar
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2021, 12:19:04 pm »

We appreciate your application.
We've discussed your case internally and would like to ask you to join our team. Smiley

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2021, 10:11:21 pm »

We appreciate your application.
We've discussed your case internally and would like to ask you to join our team. Smiley
I would be proud to join! Thank you for the opportunity Smiley
Skurri & Rhymes
Assistant Administrator
Discord: Skurri#3585
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2021, 10:20:31 pm »

Great, please check pm Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: