June 03, 2020, 02:38:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
147805 Posts in 17968 Topics- by 33457 Members - Latest Member: sonysony
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Addons not showing in game.  (Read 2125 times)
View Profile Email
« on: March 27, 2020, 11:58:46 pm »

For some reason my addons are not showing ingame. I tried this server and a couple others as well and the same results. I do know how to download and install addons, i have a sticky post on another private server that has a big list of addons and how to properly install them on expansions TBC, WoLK, Cata, and MoP. This is my first time on a Vanilla server and was wondering if there is something different on how to add them. I looked on line and it should be the same way to install as all the other expansions.

Generally its as follows for the other expansions...
1) Find and download an addon for the expansion you are playing, as in this case its Vanilla...
2) Most addons come in a form of a zipped folder so you need to extract the contents in the zipped folder and put it in your wow folder/Interface/AddOns folder...
3) Start game and once you are on your characters list on the lower left corner is a button that says "Addons", you click that button and at the top of the list a check box that says "Load out of date addons".

I did all that and they are not showing in game. As i said before that i'm new to Vanilla and wondering if there is something missing. Also my game is on my desktop.
Gamemaster
Hunter, guardian, destroyer, menace
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 02:07:33 pm »

Hey,
in general the procedure is the same for TBC and Vanilla so I guess you roughly know what you're doing.
So far I can't see anything obvious that's wrong.
Can you post a screenshot of the content of your AddOns folder?

Also: When you swap the server you want to play on it's advised that you delete the "WTF" and "WDB" folders because those store data that's directly related to the server you're playing on.
If you don't want to delete those because you plan to still play on other servers, I suggest to install (by copying) multiple copies of WoW where you can guarantee this unique relationship between server and WTF/WDB data.

How to submit tickets.

I have a toothache, can you come look at it for me? It's the one in the back!
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2020, 04:30:02 pm »

make sure youre using addons for 1.12 and not 1.13 youll also when you go into the addon list in the character panel make sure the addons are listed there and look at the readme on the addon to see if there is a ui menu or if its configured with commands
Sexiest Priest on VG
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2020, 08:19:56 pm »

Also, make sure to install the game under e.g. C:\Games\Wow ... - not C:\Program Files (x86)\WoW ... since Windows have a nasty habbit of changing file permissions under Program Files during updates.

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2020, 10:14:49 pm »

Yea, i should go by my rule of thumb and use addons for the correct expansion. Downloaded a all in one batch with suppose to be for Vanilla and it turns out not to be so. In which i would suggest on double checking the post you have here...... https://vanillagaming.org/forum/index.php?topic=1004.0
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 10:21:41 pm by PlayToy » Logged
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2020, 09:06:28 am »

Yea, i should go by my rule of thumb and use addons for the correct expansion. Downloaded a all in one batch with suppose to be for Vanilla and it turns out not to be so. In which i would suggest on double checking the post you have here...... https://vanillagaming.org/forum/index.php?topic=1004.0

https://forum.twinstar.cz/threads/github-list-of-vanilla-addons-1-12-1.123906/

here you go.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: