October 23, 2021, 10:28:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
148861 Posts in 18113 Topics- by 34222 Members - Latest Member: AndreiMugur
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Go Nuclear. I call for a restart of Vanilla Gaming  (Read 1696 times)
View Profile Email
« on: February 18, 2020, 07:12:35 pm »

Why not just restart the server?  Or make an alternate realm of VG that has 1x experience and let those of us who are left see how far we can venture in a new world?  Do it!
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 12:22:10 am »

No I need those T3 plebs to carry me
Imo, doesn't make sense at all to restart.
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2020, 12:26:38 am »

new decade new beginning i approve this i want to see how bad the values on vg are for people with current tier content this core was suppose to fix so much yet it broke so much
Gamemaster
Hunter, guardian, destroyer, menace
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2020, 11:33:02 am »

I see a point in restarting.
Classic retail is also about the competition to achieve something first vs. others.
You'd get this again on VG if everything would not be done already ;-)

...also before anyone picks up on that: I'm aware we're playing a decade old game over and over again.

How to submit tickets.

I have a toothache, can you come look at it for me? It's the one in the back!
Darkslayer lvl. 3
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2020, 12:50:05 pm »

Dont restart the actual realm,make another one instead.
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2020, 01:38:05 pm »

If you restarted the realm you would lose a lot of players and the people that play to hang out with them.
If you created a 2nd server then you would cut players from the first realm and also not have enough to raid on the second as people who want to play 1x or a fresh realm tend to play the new "progressive" projects that do a tbc / wrath release over a set number of years.

Also I think if you were to be serious about running multiple realms you would be expecting Zeard and the admin team to be taking up a more full time role in developing and making sure bugs and other issues were well attended too. That is how most other realms manage to hold decent population.
And while I am not speaking for Zeard I imagine he has a full time job these days and this is just a side project now.
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2020, 02:54:04 pm »

As far as I can echo the mood in the community, people are looking/asking nowdays for a TBC sever. A server restart would, I agree with Subdaesh, kill the population because the majority would rather move to a TBC server or quit in general.
It is no valid option just because some new folks want more balance. In the end people would just buy Tier sets if they are tired of grinding.
Furthermore, imo it is no fun to discover the same flightpath over and over again or do every quest again, for me it is killing raid bosses and I really don't care if I am server first or last - thats a just for those with virgin issues
Accurate
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2020, 04:45:21 pm »

No.
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2020, 07:54:47 pm »

This is a terrible idea. Most people play here to do end game (lvl 60 dungeons and raids) content. Why kill VG?
View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2020, 01:01:11 am »

To be honest I really doubt that this would fix any of our current problems at all. It won't fix anything and does not bring back old players or attract any new once we do not get on VG like it is now. So I do not see any real reason to do so. Aside of that we still have something to achieve since the new core is out. People just dislike to have to reprogress again that is all. New core = new challenge  I'd say. That reminds me of never raid on a Patch day back in the original retail classic WoW.
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2020, 12:48:13 pm »

why is it always literally fucking whos that no one has ever heard of that think a "server wipe" would be so fucking great.
"hey ive been here for not even 2 months but i think all you people that have been here 5 or more years should get fucked and we should restart the server so i dont feel like a scrub"

the only reason ANYTHING has happened on vg in the past 6 months was because you had t3 carries.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 12:51:08 pm by kawaiiloli » Logged

lemon squeezy.
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2020, 02:00:12 pm »

i would quit here if i loose everything, i spend 10-11 years to achieve everything i got here.   i don't go classic because i don't want to start all over. so if i loose everything here there would be no reason left for me to stay.
it would throw 800 up to 1k days played down the drain for me... pls don't go there

« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 02:06:56 pm by Dorphius » Logged

Make the little things count... Teach gnomes math.
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2020, 02:15:07 pm »

ps. if you struggle on alliance getting geared, poke me on either dorphius or terrorize and i can help you out

Make the little things count... Teach gnomes math.
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2020, 03:40:13 pm »

i would quit here if i loose everything, i spend 10-11 years to achieve everything i got here.   i don't go classic because i don't want to start all over. so if i loose everything here there would be no reason left for me to stay.
it would throw 800 up to 1k days played down the drain for me... pls don't go there

No offence but did you think about the day VG shuts down yet? :/

https://i.imgur.com/0k94nIv.jpg
^Hi Chess, legit THC earned with the EPGP loot distribution system. Not by half-assed DKP with lootcounciled KT loot ;-)

Rogue CL of <Chaos>
chaosvg.shivtr.com
Administrator
The only source of knowledge is experience.
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2020, 04:29:32 pm »

No.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: