July 04, 2020, 12:05:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
147909 Posts in 17988 Topics- by 33516 Members - Latest Member: moramara
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lawzie(Deshi)'s GM Application  (Read 6715 times)
View Profile Email
« on: December 27, 2009, 06:31:41 pm »

Q1. What is your main character's in-game name?
Deshi
Q2. What is your real name?
Aidan Cole

Q3. Where in the world are you located?
South East England
Q4. What time zone are you located in?
GMT 0 (-1 Server time)

Q5. How old are you?
Q6. Have you played Retail and if so, for how long?
I've been playing retail for roughly, give or take 5years, but slowly dropped off playing midway through Wrath of the Lich King for private server when i came across Q-Gaming which occupied most of this years Warcraft play time.

Q7. What times exactly can you GM? (Be specific please : Days/Times etc)
Monday: 6:00pm- 1:00am (Server Time)
Tuesday: 10:00am - 1:00am (Server Time)
Wednesday: 10:00am - 1:00am (Server Time)
Thursday: 6:00pm - 1:00am (Server Time)
Friday: 1:00pm - 3:00-isham (Server Time)
Saturday 10:00am - 3:00-isham (Server Time)
Sunday 10:00am - 1:00am (Server Time)
Q8. How much time each day do you spend on WoW, on the forums or in-game?
I play depending on the day and working hours, i play mostly in the evening because that's peak play time on the server, but during Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday i can be found online as semi-afk or just farming, i feel that my working hours allow me to fill in a daytime GM roll for 3/5 working days which helps with managing the player base, as some people do work shifts and can be found online in the daytime, and having atleast one GM managing the dayime shift will help in keeping the servers population up.

Q9. Have you had previous experience as a Game Master? And if so, on what server, and function?
I spent three months being a game master for a  instant 70 tbc server, it was a trinity core, back in the early days of trinitiy (or atleast this was the first time i'd heard of it). If anyone played on q-gaming for the duration of it's uptime you would know they were planning on switching to a Mangos core, as well as the little Naxx development projects i enroled in i also helped with the development of the Mangos core, and although it probably isn't a lot i did GM'ing duties for the preliminary testing.

Q10. Tell us a little about yourself.
I live in a shared house with 3friends who also play online games, one plays Warhammer and the other is currently Beta testing the new Stargate Game (he's a SG fanatic) and we also all play Fps games together, we're currently playing Modern Warfare 2 most weekends when we don't have testing, raiding responsibilities. I worked on an IT service desk for 2years, and this year i recently got promoted to juniour developer after impressing my boss fixing a few faulty applications he had written. I feel my experience on a service desk and the skills i learnt with dealing with people will suite me being a GM as i have picked up skills such as patience and clarity when talking to people, as well as being literate.

Q11. Explain why you think you would be a good GM.
In my opinion a good GM is someone you don't know is there, but the little things that they do positively impact on the server. If i did get the opportunity to become a GM for Vanila Gaming i would simply handle tickets and keep an eye on the goings on in the world, i wouldn't host events and i would keep LFG chat appearances to a minimum, this would a.) Give Vanila Gaming the appearance of a Proffesional Atmosphere keeping the new players on the server b.) Give other GM's that are more suited to running events the time to do it. If an event was on and i was online at the time i would certainly take the time to moderate the event, and to help out the Gamemaster hosting the event, i just feel that i am more suited to communication between players than i am to having the creativity to setup an event.

Q12. What interests you most about the GM position?
I originally applied to become a GM for prebound but the application was never responded to by an admin, so it was either in the list of to be considered, or just so bad that it wasn't worth replying to! I came to prebound looking for the pre-tbc feeling that i got from pre-tbc retail and q-gaming, and it sufficed to fill my needs, but with the release of Vannila Gaming under the same management, well im buzzing, and i really do want to help make this server be a competeing server in the pre-tbc market and i feel i can assist by introducing my proffesionality and experience (ok, not in the Gamemastering line of work, but as customer service, which after all is what a Game Master does) from work..

Q13. What positive additions could you (or do you already) make to the server/Community?
I'm generaly a quiet person, in the aspect of i don't talk in LFG overly, and i don't flame raids or guilds or players, if i do have a problem with a player, i adress it in a polite manner. I'm very patient with people, and because im from England my English is very good, which allows me to communicate with more ease to players.

Q14. We require all GM's to act professional at all times, this includes proper spelling and grammar.
      [We will not accept you if you have a lack of proper spelling and grammar]

I'd say reading my application you can see i'm a bit of a spelling grammer fanatic, and i'm not happy if i type something that is incorrect and often correct it.

Q15. If you were going to submit a suggestion for us, what would it be?
Introducing attunements. I think the majority of the player base of Vannila Gaming will come, or have come to this server looking for a great pve realm, and i think the one thing that did stand out during pre-tbc for retail atleast was the process of attunements for each raid, and the farming, and the hard work it took just to witness a 40man encounter. Attunements would a.) add the hard work and dedication motive to players, b.) make raids feel more 'epic' and special to a player, as they had to work to get into them, and c.) allow for a solid progression chart to occur throughout the server, (Eg. MC > Onyxia > BWL > AQ40 > Naxx) rather than people skipping MC/Onyxia and entering BWL and AQ40 for the better gear.

Q17. What do you think is the most important thing a GM can do?
Help people out, that is the number 1 job for a GM and it's the best way that a GM can positively impact on the server and it's player base.
Q18. How good is your knowledge of the commands you have to use in World of Warcraft?
It's fairly good after my 3months of GM'ing for Sonic Wow, but i will research a list of commands available and print it out to have infront of me so i can easily access the list when needed. I've also done some preliminary research and found an addon that works with 1.12.1 which really does make Gamemaster support a lot easier

Q19. Do you know WHAT a gm does? Please explain.
A GM deals with tickets helping people with problems and making sure everyone is happy playing on the server, as well as tickets a GM is to ensure that no exploits, hackings, bug abuse or cheaters are currently happening around the world, and making sure that there is no unfair play. A third roll as a GM is to make sure that everyone enjoys playing on the server, whether it be through events, keeping things fair, or dealing with their problems.
Q20a. What will you do if a Player asked you for help?
I would assist them to the best of my ability, and if i can not i will let that player know that their problem is out of my depth and will pass the problem on to a higher ranked GM, i will inform the player of this so it doesn't seem like i am abandoning them.
Q20b. And when you don't have time to help him?
I will let them know that i do not have time to handle their problem, and will make sure that another GM knows that they require help, and tell them that their problem will be resolved as fast as it can be.
Q21. What can you do to help the server grow?
Keep my attitude as proffesional as possible to attract a wider audience to the server, also deal with problems efficiently to ensure everyone is happy. I can also continue to help people in the shout box which will publicly show that the GM's are helpful on the server causing people to join and play.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 08:50:14 pm by Lawzie » Logged
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 10:34:40 pm »

Just another thing i would like to add, that may make me stand out from other applicants, i am 100% contactable via email, due to my works Blackberry, and i also carry around a laptop with warcraft on it (for my lunch breaks) so if there is any serious issues i can be reached within minutes, and be online and available to help.

Anyway, i look forward to a response

Regards
Lawzie
Bane
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 11:56:37 pm »

I vote!

Serious person who knows what he's doing, will make a great GM!

Thanks Firefly!
lini1102
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 12:15:00 am »

« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 11:54:09 am by lini1102 » Logged
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 12:18:26 am »

I heartily endorse this event and/or product

Bane
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 12:34:55 am »

I heartily endorse this event and/or product

I lol'd : D

Thanks Firefly!
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 01:24:03 am »

zagame

Bane
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2009, 01:36:42 am »

STOP IT! I IGNORE YOU NAO!

Also, I lost the zagame

Thanks Firefly!
lineageman_2@hotmai.com View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009, 04:20:04 am »

If anyone deserves GM its lawzie.
Sorry kids trufax right here =D

Kenion,60 rogue.
View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2009, 10:55:21 am »

If anyone deserves GM its lawzie.
Sorry kids trufax right here =D

I'm not applying to be a Game Master because it's some sort of cool thing, i applyed simply to offer my time to help out the Vannila Gaming community, and help out Zeard and his team, who are doing a great job of running things.

Thankyou for your kind words however
Im old skool. RUIN FUH LIFE
Mikecornell22@Gmail.com View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2010, 06:46:22 am »

Lawzie would be a good gm lawzie is smart and has common sence =gm skills

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2010, 05:44:59 pm »

Lawzie surely has my vote. Nice app!
Roll all day, ride all night.
Nightshade@live.dk View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2010, 07:15:26 pm »

If you get more active.

You'll get accepted as trail GM

Slang:
The ever-evolving bastardization of the written and spoken language as a result of social and cultural idolization of uneducated, unitelligable celebrities.
lineageman_2@hotmai.com View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2010, 08:36:06 pm »

Good luck lawzie,hope some of the GM's will be active now i mean you. Smiley

Kenion,60 rogue.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: