June 20, 2021, 02:46:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
148734 Posts in 18093 Topics- by 34099 Members - Latest Member: isackson99
Poll
Question: are you Happy with the New Core? why, or why not?
Yes, I'm very happy! - 9 (39.1%)
No, the new changes suck! - 5 (21.7%)
Maybe, but they need to change half the stuff... - 9 (39.1%)
Total Voters: 23

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: are you Happy with the New Core?  (Read 3770 times)
View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2019, 06:29:08 pm »

First off, thanks guys! Its been a while since the rumours started. And the amount of work to implement a new core is massive, I really appreciate it, so many things are now working as intented, or very close to.
And a big shoutout to the admins that have been here since the dinosours roamed the earth, dealing with our antics and keeping this alive.

I'm especially appreciative that the "Fixate" affix on some of the Bats in ZG and Zombies in Scholo is no longer broken, while the mechanic was correct, the effect was backwards.

While im very glad that most bossfights and mob mechanics are scripted near what they were in retail there are still things amiss that could do with some fixing.

Admittedly I havent done alot of testing since the new core came out but here's what i've noted so far:

-NPC Spelldamage seems to be overtuned on some mobs in Scholo and Strat, and some mobs dont seem to have either a cooldown or channelingtime for spells, this goes for the first two rooms of mobs in Scholomance, and most of the casters in Stratholme if you want to test it.
-FeralBears are ragestarved, and no longer generate appropriate amount of rage to maintain aggro, about a third short to be effective. (Massive change from before where there was an overabundance of rage)
-The healthpools are no longer showing. Everyone and everything is at 100/100hp regardless of the real values.

Then there's some quality of life changes that came along with the new core, but with the old one there were unquestionably some that were absoloute gems quality wize.
-8h AH no-deposit. Resulted in people just posting what they had, rather than cherrypicking what had the biggest chances of a sale. That in turn made the AH hold auctions of all the things steadily, rather than a limited supply of cherrypicked items, it keeps the server more lively. Could well do with that again.
-Black lotus drops. The droprates, or should I say spawnrates on black lotuses has been significantly decreased from what it was before, and for any progressing or end game farming guid that's a huge handicap since its used for all the flasks.

Now, having said all this I still wanna literate my appreciation towards the new core.
And as always, with new stuff comes new stuff. Some will hate, some wont. I prefer a balance of the two and stick to the middle.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 07:18:23 pm by horna » Logged
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2019, 07:26:39 am »

more dislikes from me

-cannot buff low levels
-server pop is extremely low, which shows that people are unhappy with the new core. i just logged and it had 19 people total. 19!!! of Horde and Alliance. I remember the deadest i would ever see was like 29 on Alliance, so total it would be around 60.

one guy i was talking to general even told me "this is true blizzlike. who would pay for this?" i agree, actually. but okay. some of you are happy. that's great. hope you enjoy it. i havent played seriously in a while, but just shocked at all the changes.
View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2019, 11:19:34 am »

To me, VG was always about having raids that work without obvious bugs.
I never valued the blizzlikeness too heavily because encounters have been working in a way that's challenging and fun.

Besides the difficulty given by how VG's encounters were under- and overtuned another advantage is the ease of getting into raiding! All resources were available in rich quantities making it easy to require people to put in some basic level of dedication to farm their stuff without getting into the hassle of fighting over stuff.

Also VG was unique in how it handled multiboxing. The rules didn't change but I don't know whether mboxing/starting to mbox is feasible on the new core.

https://i.imgur.com/0k94nIv.jpg
^Hi Chess, legit THC earned with the EPGP loot distribution system. Not by half-assed DKP with lootcounciled KT loot ;-)

Rogue CL of <Chaos>
chaosvg.shivtr.com
View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2019, 07:03:21 pm »

please fix world chat so that you cant see the other faction, all it is is jackasses talking shit on eachother all day about who pwned who better in WSG and its toxic, and full of salt.

lemon squeezy.
View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2019, 01:53:15 am »

please fix world chat so that you cant see the other faction, all it is is jackasses talking shit on eachother all day about who pwned who better in WSG and its toxic, and full of salt.
this is litterly what VG worldchat has become.
tho even if you block this the horde / alliance wil log there opposite chars toons and go make drama.
it cant rlly get fixed and wil only lead in server looking more dead
View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2019, 10:35:47 am »

Logging a acc/char on the other faction is how it's always been. You can't change people and their jerk behaviour so the only thing you can do is raising the barrier of doing malicious things.

https://i.imgur.com/0k94nIv.jpg
^Hi Chess, legit THC earned with the EPGP loot distribution system. Not by half-assed DKP with lootcounciled KT loot ;-)

Rogue CL of <Chaos>
chaosvg.shivtr.com
View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2019, 07:32:15 pm »

world chat seems to be split again but you can still track people with /who
View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2019, 10:17:10 pm »

this is litterly what VG worldchat has become.
tho even if you block this the horde / alliance wil log there opposite chars toons and go make drama.
it cant rlly get fixed and wil only lead in server looking more dead

i actually like cross chat, i just dont like world being shared by 2 factions.

world chat seems to be split again but you can still track people with /who

and this as well. plz make it so that when you /who the opposite faction, it just says "0". that's how it was on funscape servers (the most popular BC server of its time). and you could cross chat in general or any zone u enter. just not in world/trade.
View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2021, 05:19:31 am »

Love the new core aside from one thing:  unsure if flaw, but definitely a QoL improvement.

Mind Control is so tightly leashed and I really think we could get more out of Mind Control and increase the desire of priests to play with it, if we could either do away with the leash, or greatly increase the radius. 
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: