October 23, 2019, 04:09:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
146701 Posts in 17815 Topics- by 32711 Members - Latest Member: TYRAFINA
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help : Is the vote page compriomised?  (Read 400 times)
View Profile
« on: September 28, 2019, 08:28:29 pm »

So... I recently got one of those eMail messages threatening you to give up bitcoin or have your computer and other accounts encrypted or locked out. I paid no mind to it, and had half a mind to reply with a, "Go F... Yourself!".

But then I thought about the information that was sent to me in that eMail. The sender properly identified my eMail address, and also properly identified "my" password. So I chose to just ignore the message, and so far nothing happened. And that brings me to this post...

The password that was compromised was the password I use for the voting page hyperlinked off of this site. (I use different passwords for all internet accounts, even if it is a headache to remember them all.) For instance, the voting log in page and this forum both have different passwords, even though they are both 'vanillagaming.org' related.

So, I am curious if anyone else has had the same type of threat I received and was able to pinpoint the compromise to the site. I will include that I did sign in from a public library computer, and that the location I was at can be at fault. But so far, no machine shows up as compromised.

I have been saving web page source information, in an attempt to see if there is something within the page when something odd happens, like today, signing in to the vote page hyperlinked from vanillagaming.org sent me to this url: https: // vanillagaming . org / vote / checklogin . php

That was just a blank page, no matter how many refreshes I did, it stood on the same thing. I removed the "checklogin.php" section and was returned to the vote login page. Login at that time sent me to the normal page with all the links to the voting sites.

Just in case, I did try putting in an incorrect password, and this url https: // vanillagaming . org / vote / checklogin . php is not what shows up. When the wrong password is used, the same login page is returned with red lettering saying: "Wrong username or password" with this url: https : // vanillagaming . org / vote / index . php?err=1.

I am not making any accusations. I am just looking for more information to see if my concern is warranted here on this site, or here at the public library.

Thanks.
Darkslayer lvl. 3
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2019, 08:48:52 pm »

Well,i mostly vote using chrome for android and zero problems,but if it is as you said,there is another page with same info as the normal vote site,i would say that we are under a kind of attack.

Gamemaster
Hunter, guardian, destroyer, menace
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2019, 09:35:09 am »

Thanks, I forwarded this to the admins.

How to submit tickets.

I have a toothache, can you come look at it for me? It's the one in the back!
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2019, 11:12:58 pm »

thanks... Again... I am not blaming anything on anyone... I am just trying to shorten the list of possibilities. But thank you.
Assistant Administrator
Hail Caesar
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2019, 03:54:52 pm »

Solved, was just an outdated cert.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: