August 25, 2019, 05:36:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
146444 Posts in 17780 Topics- by 32336 Members - Latest Member: Salca15
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Core Testing Announcement  (Read 5783 times)
<Best in Slot>
View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2019, 01:45:27 am »

On the otherhand there's a chance that people who don't want to pay for classic wow might move to VG from lightshope and all the other private servers that are shutting down
View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2019, 09:50:51 am »

On the otherhand there's a chance that people who don't want to pay for classic wow might move to VG from lightshope and all the other private servers that are shutting down

I'm sorry but people playing elsewhere and all the other private servers arent even aware of VG's existence, and if they logged in and saw the state/quality of the server they'd just laugh and logout... it's below the standard they are used to

Edited: other servers redacted
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 11:03:53 am by Sobk » Logged
View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2019, 10:23:23 am »

I'm sorry but people playing lights hope and all the other private servers arent even aware of VG's existence, and if they logged in and saw the state/quality of the server they'd just laugh and logout... it's below the standard they are used to
Sad but true  Undecided I also started on VG and moved later to another server because of too few players and no variety of raiding guilds anymore. I had a way better experience there and yes, almost nobodoy knows VG there.

I dont think so. Other servers will still have a vanilla realm, well maintained and good populated with 1-2k players. If ppl want to play vanilla for free they will rather go there.

Edited: other servers redacted
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 11:04:43 am by Sobk » Logged
Gamemaster
Hunter, guardian, destroyer, menace
View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2019, 11:05:27 am »

Off-topic: I modified your posts and removed the slight advertisement for other servers. I do not want to hinder the discussion on-topic though.

How to submit tickets.

I have a toothache, can you come look at it for me? It's the one in the back!
<Best in Slot>
View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2019, 12:03:39 am »

I said there's a chance. Not that it was guaranteed. You have no idea what kind of ripples shutting down a popular server can make. When nostalrius went down there was a huge population boom for VG why would that not be possible again? I know the circumstances are a bit different but it's not crazy to believe that it could increase for a bit. However, the retention rate of players is pretty abysmal though but I've spoken my mind on that time and time again.
Gamemaster
Hunter, guardian, destroyer, menace
View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2019, 10:04:27 am »

It's summer time though and the Classic release is soon. That doesn't mean that population decline can be explained thoroughly by one or the other. We'll have to see what is going to happen in a few months.

How to submit tickets.

I have a toothache, can you come look at it for me? It's the one in the back!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: