July 21, 2019, 04:54:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
146243 Posts in 17747 Topics- by 32058 Members - Latest Member: robertbloomfield
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: PTR with new core live!  (Read 1853 times)
Administrator
The only source of knowledge is experience.
View Profile WWW Email
« on: March 27, 2019, 10:50:08 pm »

Hello Vanillagamers, Long time no see i guess..

Anyways the new core is now open on PTR with a copy of live data as of 03/27

Happy testing!

IMPORTANT :

when switching from vg live to PTR, close the game client and go to your installation folder and delete folder called "wdb" to avoid issues with item names, qualities, vendor listings, spells etc. When changing from server to another some fixes might cause clientside problems if you do not delete WDB.

New core bug report section : https://vanillagaming.org/forum/index.php?board=79.0
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 07:00:25 am by Sins » Logged

<Best in Slot>
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 11:07:58 pm »

Coolbeans

Pewpewpewpewpewpew
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 12:09:44 am »

Rofl

Goldshire Cheese and Fetish Club
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2019, 02:20:25 am »

First few impressions:  Seems like 99% of things are fixed. However... bugs/issue i found so far:

-Line of Sight on objects like Trees, and the Tanks outside ironforge will allow you to cast through them.

-Channelled AOE (Area of Effect) does no damage whatsoever. (Blizzard, Hurricane, etc)

-HoTs (Heal over Time) are not parsed by the combat log, or user interface, if the target is at 100% HP already.   Regrowth will show the initial heal, but not the subsequent ticks. Whereas, Rejuvenation (with 2 part Tier3 bonus) will parse the 60 mana returned, just not the heal ticks at full HP.   With a health deficit these work as intended.  (Perhaps this is blizzlike but seems unlikely)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2019, 05:00:47 am »

I would love to help out testing, can you make a separate forum area to post issues etc. please? If not its going to be mixed with live data?

I just want to say so far, what ive seen its an amazing bliz like improvement Smiley Really well done guys!

Threat is crap again Tongue
Dps is definitely up Smiley

Dire Maul is fixed both the imp. the door and the ability to no longer do jump runs due to mob placement Cheesy

Patrols in dungeons, walk hacks fixed. Mob AI is better and even mob packs are better than kronos and such (they actually tag the mobs they are ment to when pulling one in a group etc.)

Really impressed.

Most important thing ive actually seen so far that's made a massive difference - NO in combat bug. and rested areas work (such as orgrimmar) omg I can log out again without a 20 second delay Wink

Summing works like it did on live now too Smiley the clickable portal is now away from you, and you channel correctly now Smiley

A few issues ive noticed so far: Mostly cosmetic, and quest related (apart from the pet bugs)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 07:17:55 am by Slyvampy » Logged
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2019, 05:08:48 am »

Character models is wrong. ie The colour and preset options on characters is different on PTR compared to live.

Male Orc:
Live: I have white hair and its long.
PTR: Its Black beard and bald.

tested on another character:

Undead Female:
Live: Spiked white hair
PTR: Bald
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2019, 05:14:25 am »

Kargath Expeditionary Force still patrols strangely. It should be together not ontop of each other, nor apart.
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2019, 05:36:55 am »

Characters have lost all attunements. I can re-attune to Molten Core.

Edit: However I could still enter Molten Core. Seems its a historical quest bug issue. i.er it thinks I haven't completed it when I have. Same goes for the one probably below:
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 06:58:38 am by Slyvampy » Logged
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2019, 05:45:15 am »

In forgewrights tomb. he is not a ghost only visible if your character is dead +1 Smiley (now working correctly) however you can no longer talk to him. He offers the quest [52+] Dark Iron Legacy. Which is to get the Key for BRD. I abandoned the quest (from Live) and he doesn't want to talk to me.
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2019, 06:05:35 am »

Pet spells are either missing or do not work yet. (they light up like a Christmas tree, but no actions and nothing to use).
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2019, 06:15:17 am »

BRD

Ring of LAW spawns two waves of different creatures, and should only be one.

Burrowing Thunersnouts are too big in size.

Mobs instant de-spawn soon as you loot them (wasnt the case on Live).
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 06:17:01 am by Slyvampy » Logged
Pewpewpewpewpewpew
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2019, 09:21:35 am »

BRD

Ring of LAW spawns two waves of different creatures, and should only be one.

Burrowing Thunersnouts are too big in size.

Mobs instant de-spawn soon as you loot them (wasnt the case on Live).
It is supposed to be two waves

Tester
View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2019, 09:40:16 am »

The reason some quests might seem bugged is because your World of Warcraft\WDB folder hold settings from the old core.

Either you keep that in mind while testing the new core or you delete your WDB folder before logging on to the PTR.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 09:42:22 am by Atreyyo » Logged

Administrator
The only source of knowledge is experience.
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2019, 12:21:22 pm »

First few impressions:  Seems like 99% of things are fixed. However... bugs/issue i found so far:

-Line of Sight on objects like Trees, and the Tanks outside ironforge will allow you to cast through them.

-Channelled AOE (Area of Effect) does no damage whatsoever. (Blizzard, Hurricane, etc)

-HoTs (Heal over Time) are not parsed by the combat log, or user interface, if the target is at 100% HP already.   Regrowth will show the initial heal, but not the subsequent ticks. Whereas, Rejuvenation (with 2 part Tier3 bonus) will parse the 60 mana returned, just not the heal ticks at full HP.   With a health deficit these work as intended.  (Perhaps this is blizzlike but seems unlikely)

This is apperently how LOS worked on classic it is very weird yes but blizzlike.

The AOE problem should be solved now.

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2019, 02:08:58 pm »

Wasnt trees allways blocking LoS tho ? (obsvly given u stand close enough to them, like hugging a tree u wouldnt have LoS on target for casts)

Anyways i do recall the "tanks" and likewise not blocking LoS, actualy a shitload of random items didnt block LoS correctly till TBC (was maybe even a bit before TBC this was fixed)
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: