August 10, 2022, 12:15:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
149011 Posts in 18133 Topics- by 34451 Members - Latest Member: billykv
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this footage a legit script server.  (Read 4813 times)
View Profile
« on: March 09, 2019, 01:41:26 am »

Greeting people.
Firstly i would address staff that this is by no means i am trying to advertise the server, i am posting just to get some feedback regarding the boss fights, the dps of the raid, avoiding class mechanics.
My question regarding the videos below.
1) Is this legit server script, that you could tank end game content aka Naxx bosses as dual wield fury/prot spec?
2) Is this legit that in anub kill footage, they nuked down anub including two adds within 60 seconds. Fight started @ 9:00 and fight ended @ 10:00. Anub died even before the first locust swarm.
3) Is this legit script that they nuked down gluth before the first deci, to sum up gluth was down under 70 seconds.
4) Is this legit script server that druids are considered as main tank in naxx 40. Knowing about crit and crush immunity is far from bear tank in vanilla.
5) Is this legit server that tank is tanking dual wield thadd boss?  
6) Is this legit server script where warlocks are putting corruption debuff on bosses, knowing about 16 debuff slot limit and such. Maybe there isnt debuff slot limit at all.
7) Is this legit server script where 240/400 armor pot stacking up with stonescale pot?

Everyone please take a look in the below videos and do give feed back.

1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alH2QXm8MM8&lc=z23ucvhwxvmts15uxacdp43aqnvjo0unm4d5yng1yaxw03c010c.1552017676029699. (Gluth and Thadd fight video, armor pot stacking, warlock corruptions, dual wield tanking thadd).

2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_azvBdVgz0&t=102s (Anub fight video, dual weild tanking bosses without being def cap, cuz tank got enrage buff cuz of fury/prot spec thing).

Please take a look into this. Because so far i know the script are way off from the track or you could say server is heavily boosted.
To me the boss fights are like lvl80 raid is facerolling lvl60 naxx bosses.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 01:43:46 am by Samthebst11 » Logged
Tester
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 02:52:41 am »

The thing with vg, we play on an extremely overtuned server. Everythings damage output and armor/resist values are much higher than supposed to be. That's why you see things like this from other servers

Tester
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 02:55:22 am »

On top of what I stated before, we lack the option to have a lot of buffs on VG, such as fire maul buffs, valentines candies, elune buffs etc. These make for a large difference in damage output/intake, and allow for things like 1 minute boss fights and dual wield tanking in naxx

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2019, 12:17:28 pm »

Chaos uses dualwield tanking all the time.
Pewpewpewpewpewpew
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2019, 12:49:21 pm »

Everything is legit, VG raids are overtuned and custom. Also consumeable stacking is working correct and on VG you can't stack any of the same effects which is totally retarded. VG uses TBC values and not actual vanilla ones. Here you can see armor pot + stoneshield -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iAnx371MHE | Recorded on Grim Batol in 2006.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 12:56:09 pm by Neth » Logged
Tester
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2019, 02:51:17 pm »

I'm not sure what we are talking about when we say stacking, do we mean you get the stats from the buff or do we talk about being able to have both buffs up at the same time?
For example MotW didn't stack with resistance auras in retail but it isn't replaced, you only loose the motw resistance effect when you get a resistance aura/totem. 
If I recall correctly we had some kind of source saying armor pot not giving any extra armor while having stoneshield pot active and due to the limited stacking system VG decided to run with we could only replace buffs and not remove the effect/parts of the effect from it. Same goes with Brute force where we had to decide if it should be replaced by a stam buff or a str buff.
I'm also pretty sure (was over 4+ years ago I bothered with stuff like this) there was/is a video of someone with both mongoose and agi potion up at the same time, doesn't mean you get 25 + 25 agi but he had agi potion on trash and used the mongoose one for the boss just for the 2 extra crit.

@sam yes bosses on VG are buffed in most of the cases, for example PW does hit every 0,7 sec instead of every 1,5 sec. His HS can also hit the MT which it cant on that server. Gluth has been downed before 1 decimate on VG, I think it was back when you had unlimited debuffs but ppl only had loot from 2 wings available and and that was without DM/event buffs. 

tdlr 2 buffs at the same time doesn't mean you get both effects, VG is overtuned and dual wield wont work in all fights. It's rare to fill a raid with 40 good players on VG due to the server population but getting Gluth and Anub down like that should be doable on VG. 

Goldshire Cheese and Fetish Club
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2019, 07:46:20 pm »

<Distilled Wisdom>   Gluth dead before first decimate Smiley

Yes that was with consumables and debuffs stacking

VG is rampantly overtuned. Check any Raidstats/Legacy Logs and it's easy to compare diff servers

Tester
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2019, 10:58:11 pm »

<Distilled Wisdom>   Gluth dead before first decimate Smiley

Yes that was with consumables and debuffs stacking

VG is rampantly overtuned. Check any Raidstats/Legacy Logs and it's easy to compare diff servers

Good times Smiley

Likalottapus <De Profundis>
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2019, 02:32:25 pm »

...that is one reason why I switched to another server.

How is the population meanwhile btw?

[Edited by staff]
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 03:48:14 pm by Sobk » Logged
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2019, 03:50:10 pm »

...that is one reason why I switched to Lightshope.

How is the population meanwhile btw?

I don't see the problem with that. Isn't a greater challenge a good one?

https://i.imgur.com/0k94nIv.jpg
^Hi Chess, legit THC earned with the EPGP loot distribution system. Not by half-assed DKP with lootcounciled KT loot ;-)

Rogue CL of <Chaos>
chaosvg.shivtr.com
Goldshire Cheese and Fetish Club
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2019, 04:26:23 pm »

It can be good (the challenge)... but seeing a raid filled with very competent players, and mostly in BiS gear, wiping on Patchwerk (which was considered the easiest boss in naxxramas, where guilds would start) is not so

Tester
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2019, 07:12:57 pm »

It can be good (the challenge)... but seeing a raid filled with very competent players, and mostly in BiS gear, wiping on Patchwerk (which was considered the easiest boss in naxxramas, where guilds would start) is not so

"Very competent players", "VanillaGaming" pick one, both have yet to be seen together.

Darkslayer lvl. 3
View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2019, 10:26:14 pm »

Greeting people.

Hi sam Smiley
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2019, 10:36:22 pm »

Obviously VG has a diff core, But It is not only the server which makes the kills on the videos a lot faster.

You have 40 players:
- using engineering to its full potential
- minmaxing their chars
- playing at a very high level of the game
- not slacking a single bit
- using proper debuffs on each boss fight

The funny thing on VG is that in whatever raid you are there is like a zillion dps or hps between top and bottom dps or healer. Even within the classes the differences are huge. Check the raid logs of those videos and you will see how competitive Class members are. There is a huge difference in 10 melees pulling 1000 dps or 1 melee doing 1000, next 800, next 600, etc.

Former member of Gnomeography, Unique, Goldshire Golfclub, Everest.

Member of the VG research group investigating how to make VG drama free. Update: recently had some major setbacks, but we plan to have our conclusions and proposal ready by Spring 2035.
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2019, 04:33:13 am »

its not only about dps, the incoming damage doesnt seems like correct to me.
I can understand a bis tank could tank MC bosses with dual wield or maybe BWL.
But if you are tanking bosses like thadd, anub etc in naxx with dual wield is way out of circle. Like its end game content boss and you could dual wield?
If thats the case i am playin on wotlk now, and i have bis tank that means i can tank LOD with dual wield as well but its not the case there.
Okay if you watch carefully the anub kill video, the tank got enrage buff which means he wasnt even def cap for the boss lol, tanked the boss with no problem at all just like a dpsing a mob in 5man  Grin
I know VG is overtune but that doesnt mean on legit scripted server you could do this dual wielding tanking end game content bosses without any problem. I have seen different various retail old videos on youtube when i was tester and we were searching for proof espeically on PW, Anub and Thadd. And so far i havent seen tanks tanking dual wield.
You have 40 players:
- using engineering to its full potential
- minmaxing their chars
- playing at a very high level of the game
- not slacking a single bit
- using proper debuffs on each boss fight
Engineering in vanilla only provides you aoe dmg aka sapper, and on single boss fight i dont that would boost your dps that much.
Proper debuffs, i doubt so. If you see the boss videos there, all three warlocks were usin corruption in every fight. Then you could see the tf debuff, 2x curses, 8 mages fireballs, 1x ignite, 1x sunder, 1x annhialtor, 1x demo shout, 1x farie fire.
These all debuffs sums upto 20 debuffs on a single boss.
Okay i can understand the they are doing tryharding dps on bosses, but 2k or 2k+dps as melee lvl 60 isnt that kinda of dps seems way off? Espeically on alliance side, i can understand if its horde side cuz of WF totem. Maybe fury warr with bis gear and all cds might touch that value in execute phase.

If these videos are legit and retail was like this and new classic would be like this, that would be faceroll one day progression. But i highly doubt retail was near close to this, yes maybe it is in other stuff like quests scripts, bosses scripts but the damage incoming and outgoing i highly doubt on that.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 04:36:03 am by Samthebst11 » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: