June 20, 2019, 01:50:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
146134 Posts in 17714 Topics- by 31803 Members - Latest Member: Deadlocck
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Moograne's Tester App  (Read 201 times)
<Americas Most Wanted>
View Profile
« on: January 23, 2019, 09:01:04 pm »

Q1. What is your main character's in-game name?

Moograne

Q2. What is your real name?

Max

Q3. Where in the world are you located?

USA, NYC

Q4. How old are you?

Q5. Have you played Retail? If so, for how long?

Played retail since 3.1, played until 4.2, so about 2 years or so

Q6. Tell us a little about yourself.

I play a 15 year old video game because I believe the aesthetic and gameplay experience is preferable to later iterations. So yeah, gigantic nerd, no life, lots of free time. As far as stuff that wasn't obvious, I'm studying to be an addiction counselor, I like going to raves (or any music event with bright lights and pretty colors, as the rave scene is pretty much dead in NYC).

Q7. Explain why you think you would be a good Tester.

Been playing here for about 2.5 years (so I'm very patient), have gotten to know many people, played through all possible content, lead raids up to AQ40, know what's supposed to work and in what way for the majority of content.

Q8. What interests you most about becoming a Tester ?

Reviving a server that is on life support. I think if we can get a blizzlike gaming experience with 15x rates and f2p, we will have a strong population even after classic is released. But at the moment, people have little faith in the server as there are many glitches and bugs. I'd like to help fix that.

Q9. Do you know WHAT a Tester does? Please explain.

Guinea pig / beta tester, we stress test things until they break (which they are almost guaranteed to do so), and then provide feedback. Then we do it again, and again, until the game is acceptably playable.

Q10. What do you think is the most important thing a Tester can do?

Have an ungodly amount of patience.

Q11. If you were going to submit a suggestion for us, what would it be?

Be more transparent with status updates. Show the rest of the community that progress is being made, and how. Obviously you can't reveal EVERYTHING, but it seems that goodwill is lacking on both sides.

Q12. What positive additions could you (or do you already) make to the server/Community?

I'm good at wrangling me some Americans. Horde side American population is virtually dead, if the server were to be more stable and on an updated core, I could put more effort into bringing the old crew back.

Q13. Professionalism, integrity, and honesty are required at all times. In what ways do these words describe you?

I've vocally criticized those who lack these qualities in this community, so that's publically available, but I dunno how I can prove how these words describe me besides saying that the people who have gotten to know me over the years know I am these things. Maybe someone can vouch for me in the comments? No idea.

Q14. Have you ever been disciplined by a Gamemaster on VanillaGaming?

I think I was in a raid that got warned for talking about possibly exploiting a bug? But that was forever ago and nobody was punished because nobody did anything, that's about as far as "being disciplined" that I've experienced.

Q15. What can you do to help the server grow?

This is kind of the same answer to Q12, I love me a good American rodeo. I know a bunch of WoW nerds that live in the states and would love a stable, reliable, blizzlike server to play on. Making this server become that would not only inspire me more to recruit more people, but make it all the more likely that those people will stay playing on VG and help recruit others.

Q16. Is there anything else that you would like the Staff to know?

i like turtles

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: