March 19, 2024, 09:20:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
149124 Posts in 18156 Topics- by 34712 Members - Latest Member: kmbortns01
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost items at bag swap  (Read 12426 times)
View Profile
« on: November 19, 2018, 08:51:04 pm »

(A) Headline

Lost items after a bag swap with addon.

(B) Defect Type

Bag swap

(C) Priority

Low for server
Critical for players loosing items.

(D) Environment

Was farming in EPL and 2 x 16 slot bags dropped. Rode back to light's hope and at mailbox....

(E) Steps

* Used the swapper addon to swap Bag #3 (14 slot bag) to a 16 slot (Dragged/dropped 16 slot on top of bag slot #3)
* When that swap is done, swap Bag #2 (14 slot bag) with another 16 slot bag. (Dragged/dropped on top of #2)
* In my scenario after the swaps the 2nd 14slot bag couldn't be found in my bags.
* Relogged
* Then the 14 slot bag is back in pos #2 and the 2nd 16 slot bag has vanished in thin air
* 2 items from the 16slot bag was sent in blizz mails to me ( total around 10 ish missed items, which hasn't been found since)

(F) Attachments

https://github.com/gabrielecimolino/Swapper

(G) Comments

Darkslayer lvl. 3
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 04:01:48 am »

Need one addon for swap bags?
Gamemaster
Hunter, guardian, destroyer, menace
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 12:07:56 pm »

Is this behaviours caused by the server or by the addon?

How to submit tickets.

I have a toothache, can you come look at it for me? It's the one in the back!
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 12:28:43 pm »

Must be the server. Since the addon can't generate mails from blizz sender! and it should
be possible to reproduce the bug without the addon. But ofc it will be easier to reproduce it with the addon.

And really big issue, if server looses items for players. But should be easy to find, it if the addon stresses the server.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 03:27:25 pm »

just wait for new core

Cheers to Nopesorry for the sig
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 03:49:46 pm »

The manual way to swap bags on VG requires the bag to be replaced to be empty. Only then can it be swapped. It sounds like the addon tries to do something that is not supported by the server when swapping full bags around. Personally I've never had any issues with the manual (albeit tedious) way.
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2018, 03:55:44 pm »

The addon doesn't move full bags. The addon logic is to try swap if the bag is full then it empties the bag automatically and then replaces the bag when it is Empty. The whole issue is probably that you are not quick enough poodle Cheesy

And to Gorgeuss: Thread Stealing--It's Becoming an Epidemic
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2018, 06:49:10 pm »

Sounds very much like when i was told you could get a 2nd Supply bag, and i did so after putting the first one in bank :-P

Next time i logged, i lost some mixed D1/Feral gear (obsv 2nd 18slot supply bag gone aswell), and system also only send 2 lost items via mail.
Gamemaster
Hunter, guardian, destroyer, menace
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2018, 07:10:28 pm »

Anyone brave enough to record such behaviour on video? :p

ATM it's the addon's fault to me.

How to submit tickets.

I have a toothache, can you come look at it for me? It's the one in the back!
Darkslayer lvl. 3
View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2018, 08:14:41 pm »

The manual way to swap bags on VG requires the bag to be replaced to be empty. Only then can it be swapped. It sounds like the addon tries to do something that is not supported by the server when swapping full bags around. Personally I've never had any issues with the manual (albeit tedious) way.

+1
Gamemaster
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2018, 08:20:00 pm »

This happened around server reset, so that can be an issue too, also the report is about the addon we can't help you if the addon does that.

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2018, 12:50:09 am »

Anyone brave enough to record such behaviour on video? :p

ATM it's the addon's fault to me.

Sure could, but i cant be bothered to make more badges and cleaning bagspaces for redoing this.

i consider what i did, my own stupidity and hences its on me for loosing those items Tongue

I wanted to try 2 unique bags, cos i was told u could do that np. Obsv u cant cos server will detect this (around restart/resets maybe ? ) and fix it.

Personaly i dont think swapping addons are a problem, i tried some out, never had an erorr like OP here, using outfitter atm np.
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2018, 11:48:13 pm »

Now it's happened to me on another character, Server time 21:24 not close to reset time this time either....

swapped bags and this time i gained 6 items. it duplicated 6 items from the bagged.  At horde bank in ogrimmar.

To reproduce
1. 6slot bag was full swapped it with a 12 herb bag in inv.
2. banked items in the 6 slot bag
3. swapped a 14 slot bag with the empty 6 slot..
4. The 6 slot was vanished
5. Then when i relogged the 14 was not equipped  and 6 slot bags was in bank and full with orig items and had the same items in inv.
6 and the 12 herb bag was full in inv

Fun bug this Cheesy
Tester
www.vanillagaming.org
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2018, 01:06:56 pm »

Just.. don't use the addon.. really.

Simply Fadeas
Why do meteors always land in craters?
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2018, 04:20:29 pm »

It's the same thing I tell customers at work that use Internet Explorer. Stop using it! Just disable that addon. i'm pretty sure it's no big deal to do it manually, it's not like you have to swap bags 20 times a day. VG doesn't fix bugs let alone addons.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: