December 10, 2019, 07:16:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
146951 Posts in 17845 Topics- by 32907 Members - Latest Member: Muira
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for Guild Mostly for Socializing and 5-man Content  (Read 1620 times)
View Profile
« on: October 29, 2018, 05:43:34 am »

Hey, I've been playing here off an on for a while, and just came back to try to practice up a bit in preparation for WoW Classic.  I don't have to time to be a dedicated raider, but I'd love to find a guild with some laid-back people to chat and level with, and especially to run some dungeons with.  I'm trying out several classes, so if your guild needs one class/role more than others, I'm happy to re-roll something.  Horde or Alliance side, whichever has some people to play with.  Send an in-game message to Treebug on Horde or Rocketpod on Alliance.

Thanks.
<EquiGoldBestPers>
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 04:55:42 pm »

You may have trouble finding a guild for this. The reason is that a lot of people have played on this server for a longtime. The active guilds raid and you can get get carried to T3 no problem. This along with the 15x Exp makes it difficult to find a guild like this. Your best bet would be to join a raiding guild as a social rank imo. This way you might have a chance to get 5-man runs in and will certainly get to socialize.

It Aint Easy Being Green
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 10:40:30 am »

hmm, don't surrender your freedom to some guild that you arent even raiding with, Every player is a potential friend, the ones who aren't are your rivals & you need those for a healthy gaming session,  here's what I do:
step 1: change world chat color to green
step 2: pretend world chat is Guild chat,
step 3: find & befriend my kind of crazy people, then force them into doing dungeons/pvp (this is the hardest part, but i learned how to do it from a pro, I'm sure you can)
step 4: do some soloing , it builds character, & help lowbees/noobs whenever you meet them; its good for the soul

...anyway, that's not the whole codex, but its enough to get you started..,good luck; have yourself a crazy journey since its hard to do IRL

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 11:51:43 pm »

I would like to share some mathematical philosophy, and my opinion, why I see raiding so hard, and why I'd say that it has an unsolvable challenge, it is a little bit off-topic, but it's not that far from the subject.
It's a theory, it's a philosophy, but the way I see, in 5 mans, it wasn't really possible to increase the dps, to make the challenge easier in this direction, simply a pre-raid bis dps, was the most the tank could tank, even a rogue that had deadly and instant poison up on both of the weapons, could end up too much sometimes. The way 5 mans could be made easier, was to prolong the fight, to have a healer that's using a flask of distilled wisdom, so he has more mana, so he can keep the tank alive for a 20-30% longer time, and the dps has time to take it down, and the challenge becomes easy.
Now, what I saw was that, on Ramstein the Gorger, the healer was basically casting all the time, well, not exactly all the time, because it can take a second or two until the tank loses his fully healed health, and it reaches again the 75% threshold, where you can cast the next healing spell, but that is the size of a healing spell, that threshold cannot be reduced. If a priest has a 2.5 second healing spell, and around 5000 mana, and he uses greater heal, which let's say costs 500 mana, then he would be able to heal continuously for 25 seconds, the Ramstein fight takes about 40-50 seconds, so basically we can say that he is casting all the time. The number of seconds doubles, because it takes 2 seconds for the boss to take out that healed amount. So, you healed, in 2.5 seconds, and it takes 2.5 seconds, for the health of the tank to drop down again. If the tank's health would drop down in 1 second, that would mean, that you cannot keep the tank alive, because the boss deals damage twice as fast as you can heal.
And, a database says, that Ramstein deals about 600 dps, Garr deals around 1600, Hakkar 1800. So, we can say that 3 healers have to continously heal the tank. Broodlord Lashlayer, has a 2400 dps, Kel'Thuzad has a 4100 dps, so basically 8-10 healers have to continously heal the tank. However, these fights take longer, they take about 3-4 minutes. If we divide 40 players equally through all the diffent types of classes, then we'll have 5 of each, so 15 healers in a raid, not just 10, that's why the fight can be kept up longer.
The way I see is, that in 5 mans, healing was very important. Basically the whole fight was possible, because of the healing. If the tank has 5000 health, and the priest can cast 10 healing spells, each of which heals 2400 health, then it's like having a tank that has 24000 + 5000, so 29000 health. So the fight against Baron Rivendare, which has 47000 health, becomes possible.
But in raids, the threshold is just too small. 10 healers have to heal the same tank, continously. It would be impossible, to put them in order, and to have the healer1 cast a healing spell at 14:00:00, the healer2, at 14:00:01, and so on, with a synchronized watch, knowing that every 10 seconds, if the number ends with 2, at 02, 12, 22, you have to heal.
It would be interesting to see the fight, let's say on a fun server, where the tank would have 20k health, the flask of the titans would give 12000 health, instead of 1200.
But the problem is not only overhealing, it's that the healers have to use up their mana equally through the fight. If a healer is "fighty", he wants to be first, so, he catches all the time he can, to heal the tank, he will be at the top of the healing meters. However, he will run out of mana, and if there will be less than 10 healers, with remaining mana, then the tank will die, because they will not be able to heal fast enough. If a healer uses a mana potion, but the other healer will use a mana potion only later, then the whole thing gets messed up, and impossible to follow with the human eye. Druids will have innervate, their mana meters will empty slower at the end.
The threshold is just too small, and it will be always impossible to synchronize perfectly, in Naxxramas for example.
The threshold through which the damage income is received is just too small. One way would be, to have 8 tanks, they would stay in order next to each other. 8 tanks, because the taunt has an 8 second cooldown, and about 1 second is not that much that a tank could die during it. And after the first tank gets below 25% health, the number two tank would taunt, if he would be able to override the taunt, when he gets below 25%, the number 3 tank would taunt. And the healers would have plenty of the time, to heal up the tanks, that are basically out of combat, let's say every tank would have a healer assigned, but he wouldn't have to hurry, so there would be absolutely no overhealing. But most importantly, it wouldn't matter, if a healer runs out of mana faster than the others. Because that is lost, if 5 healers remain, then the tank will die, even if that 5 healer will still have mana, their mana will be considered lost. And of course the tanks couldn't miss on taunt for this to work.
If in a raid only one healer brings a flask of distilled wisdom, then it's worthless. If he will not be able to be "fighty" enough, and to use up his mana in time, then he will not be able to keep the tank alive alone, and he will remain there, still having mana.
The mana potions can also mess up things, it would be necessary that all the healers, use up a mana potion, at the same time, synchronized.
Another method could be, that all of the healers, would stop healing, at 20% mana. And, when the other healers would run out of mana, too, and there would be only 3-4 healers with remaining mana, then they would start healing again, so the healing would be fast enough, and the tank would stay alive, and those slower healers could burn up their mana, too, which is very precious.
It would be worth watching a fight, how many seconds does it take, usually, and to start counting the time, when the fights begins, and to divide the healing mana equally through that time. If the boss wasn't taken out in that amount of time, then it's the dps's fault.
It doesn't really matter how many hunters, how many rogues are in the group, it matters how many dps is in the raid. And considering the average number of the dps from the previous fight, and knowing the bosses health, it's possible to calculate how many seconds will be necessary, for the raid to take the boss out. And the healing should be divided in that amount of time. If you are faster, that's not good, because the remaining slower healers, will not be able to keep everything going as last stand people. And it's getting harder and harder as Naxxramas is getting closer.
Sulfuron Harbringer, from Molten Core, deals 1400 dps, Heigan the Unclean, from Naxxramans deals 4300 dps. That is 205% more damage. A pre-raid bis tank, with buffs, will have 6.5k health. A fully Tier-3 tank, with buffs, will have 10k health. That is just 55% more health. The game is not balanced. That's a guaranteed ticket to overhealing, to healers remaining behind, to newcomers who don't feel the rhytm of the fight remaining behind, and to a failure and wipe in raiding.
It's just a philosophy, it's just a theory, the way I see things, why 5 mans, are easy, but 40 man raids are considerably harder.
The whole game is like having a pie, that has 10 slices, and you can take away one slice, every few seconds. If you finish it in a certain amount of time, you win, if not, you lose. It's like having two bars. Both of the bars have an amount of health, and an amount of damage it deals. The strongest one of the two will win. It's the health divided by the damage that tells us, how fast, the speed of the fights. If we would divide in 2 the health, of all of the bosses, and players in the game, and we would increase the damage dealt by two, by all of the bosses, including the players, too, then, we would find out the outcome of the fight twice as faster. You could go there to a mob, while you level, either it would one shot you, or you would one shot the mob. You would find out the outcome of the fight, instantly, or if the raid can take out that particular boss, much sooner, of course only in theory.
One way of the bars to become stronger is, to increase the dps, but there is a limit, what the tank can tank, after that you will go over the tank's threat. The other way, is to increase the health. If a 5000 mana priest makes the tank look like it's having 29000 health, on a flask of distilled wisdom, he would make the tank look like, it's having, 38600 health.
Surprisingly, if we compare the numbers, of having healing power gear, and having intellect gear, the intellect gear seems to be stronger. If we compare Chief Architect's Monocle, with Crimson Felt Hat, with architect's monocle, he would have 30900 health, with crimson felt hat 29900 health (if we could divide a healing spell in pieces). So, because it can cast 10 healing spells, +240 healing power would look like an extra healing spell, while +35 intellect, would also give 500 mana, that would give an extra healing spell. Only the speed is different, but if the healing is fast enough, and the tank is kept alive, then 10 intellect makes him as strong as +70 healing power.
If we would like a fun server, where everybody is in Naxxramas, then one way would be to increase the dps. Let's say with a flask of supreme power that increases damage by 1.500. But that's not possible, the dps would get aggro. The other way would be, to have unlimited healing. To have a modified flask of distilled wisdom that gives 10.000 mana. If this would be the case, and let's say the enrage timer of the boss would be prolonged a bit, then only the strategy would matter, if that's right, then it would be guaranteed, that the boss is taken out. I would say, that this would be interesting, not a fun server where you can get free Tier-3. But using this, if I see, that when the boss is taken out, the healer is below 10.000 mana, that would mean, that I failed. If it's above, that would mean that I was successfully able to take out that boss.
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2018, 01:11:16 am »

I think you better call the Doctor...
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2018, 12:09:59 pm »

join <Le Chaos> : http://chaosvg.shivtr.com/
It Aint Easy Being Green
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2018, 02:54:08 pm »

...and that's why philosophy & math are the hardest subjects

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2018, 03:47:19 pm »

Did you get dropped on the head a lot when u were a child?
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2018, 03:50:37 pm »

Did you get dropped on the head a lot when u were a child?

There is a swiss expression that said : "as a baby, he was rock to close to the wall"

join <Le Chaos> : http://chaosvg.shivtr.com/
Tester
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2018, 07:21:37 pm »

I think this is a neglected field of new science. WoW-Psychomathology. Tistvan has dared to go where no man has gone before.
Why do meteors always land in craters?
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2018, 07:25:41 pm »

Was that huge wall of text a teaser for Fringe - Season 6? FINALLY!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: