December 15, 2018, 06:18:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
144696 Posts in 17465 Topics- by 30228 Members - Latest Member: chivikoko
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Render distance on the server  (Read 729 times)
View Profile
« on: October 09, 2018, 01:22:01 am »

I've noticed that the render distance is, horribly small. For example, if you're on alliance GY in warsong, you wont load in a character standing on the flag spot. Does anyone know if it's possible to change this via a script or addon or anything? It's mad annoying, especially in pvp.

Darkslayer lvl. 3
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 02:22:49 am »

*this reply gonna be deleted when someone reply "next core gonna fix bugs" *

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 06:04:01 am »

*this reply gonna be deleted when someone reply "next core gonna fix bugs" *

gotta love new core memes

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 11:30:07 am »

Unit render distance is server-sided, not client-sided. So no, you can't change it. A developer can though.

Edit: Don't wait for new core in regards to this, it's still going to be shitty, because just like how the "mob-freezing fog of war" , render distance is low to decrease server load.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 11:32:00 am by Biological / Gorgeuss » Logged

Cheers to Nopesorry for the sig
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 11:32:45 am »

Rendering "speed" is a multitue of things combined, starting with the terrain distance slider.

A potato Pc, old ass Gfx, crappy net/using WLan, Slow HDD/evil data fragmention ect ect, will all effect the game engine and it may feel the need to let 1 or more components sit idle waiting for something else to be ready.

Given nothing bugsup, my main pc loads toons and so on when logging in IF, in like 0.1s

Same deal on laptop, takes like 5-10secs, u will see toons waiting to be fully loaded ( no char models loaded )

u can fix your own side of this shit, but u cant fix said shit for others, hence u will allways be effected by this, as others ping and stability to the server directly effects your gameplay when the server corrects timings beween u and the most laggy fool in that BG Tongue
Gamemaster
Hunter, guardian, destroyer, menace
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 12:11:09 pm »

Can you provide some videos where the problem becomes evident? I didn't experience major flaws regarding the render distance yet.

How to submit tickets.

I have a toothache, can you come look at it for me? It's the one in the back!
Darkslayer lvl. 3
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2018, 01:32:09 pm »

Can you provide some videos where the problem becomes evident? I didn't experience major flaws regarding the render distance yet.
Soon "Simplest 2 PvP" in youtube

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2018, 02:00:38 pm »

Unit render distance is server-sided, not client-sided. So no, you can't change it. A developer can though.

Edit: Don't wait for new core in regards to this, it's still going to be shitty, because just like how the "mob-freezing fog of war" , render distance is low to decrease server load.

This.
And it has a pretty huge affect on warsong gulch to state one example, for pve  I don't see any game breaking issues exemt the "mob-freezing fog of war".

<EquiGoldBestPers>
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2018, 08:29:32 pm »

Perhaps a different issue altogether, but I ALWAYS get screen freezes in wsg and never in PvE. Always found that interesting, raids are fine but wsg with half the players makes my client freeze regularly.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2018, 07:08:15 pm »

Perhaps a different issue altogether, but I ALWAYS get screen freezes in wsg and never in PvE. Always found that interesting, raids are fine but wsg with half the players makes my client freeze regularly.

ye it's called spaghetti coding, just like naxx with view distance on high

<EquiGoldBestPers>
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2018, 08:21:26 pm »

ye it's called spaghetti coding, just like naxx with view distance on high

Is there anything I can do to avoid it? I don't think I ever have view distance to high. Makes WSG unbearable for me.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2018, 10:24:47 am »

I think view distance and/or terrain distance on lowest prevented the freezes for me in wsg

Why do meteors always land in craters?
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2018, 03:48:48 pm »

I think view distance and/or terrain distance on lowest prevented the freezes for me in wsg

same
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: