September 22, 2018, 10:40:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
144037 Posts in 17367 Topics- by 29898 Members - Latest Member: guxaoi
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Valurian GM Application  (Read 158 times)
View Profile
« on: September 13, 2018, 07:24:16 pm »

Q1. What is your main character's in-game name?
Valurian

Q2. What is your real name?
Noah

Q3. Where in the world are you located (time zone GMT+/-)?
U.S. Central Time Zone GMT-05:00

Q4. When are you available to work as a GM? (Be specific please: days/times)
Monday-Friday 19:30 ST-02:30 ST. Saturday-Sunday 17:30-02:30 ST

Q5. How old are you?

Q6. How much time each day do you spend on WoW, on the forums or in-game?
4-5 hours.

Q7. Have you played Retail? If so, for how long?
I played a rogue and shadow priest from release of retail vanilla to TBC. I quit at the very end of TBC, just before WotLK released.

Q8. Tell us a little about yourself.
I recently graduated from undergrad and have started grad school in Texas. My classes are all in the morning, leaving my afternoons free. I'm a big soccer fan, both playing and watching the sport. Love electronic music of all kinds, but also open to listening to other genres every now and then. I can be serious when needed but I prefer to be laid back most of the time.  

Q9. Have you had previous experience as a Gamemaster? If yes, please explain.
No.

Q10. Explain why you think you would be a good Gamemaster.
Being a good Gamemaster means actively assisting the community and making their WoW experience better. I've been working on actively recruiting low level players to a guild I created called <Fellowship of the Ring>, which is intended as a guild for welcoming new players to the server, gearing them up, and guiding them on how to play vanilla. The purpose of this guild is to retain new players that would have otherwise left the server before even reaching 60, in the hopes that we can maintain a good population size on the VanillaGaming server.

Q11. What interests you most about becoming a Gamemaster ?
My main interest in becoming a Gamemaster is to help people resolve issues with bugged quest chains and mobs. Although there are many tasks as a Gamemaster, I think I would excel in this specific one. I'm always trying out obscure and random quest chains in my free time (because I have nothing better to do) and I have had to contact GMs several times in the past to help auto-complete unscripted or bugged quests in these chains that most people don't do. My experience with these GMs has been very good, and I want to be able to help other players enjoy their WoW experience like I did by helping to fix these bugs and assist players when they encounter these quest chains.

Q12. Do you know WHAT a Gamemaster does? Please explain.
The goal of a Gamemaster is to ensure that world of warcraft is being played as it was meant to be in retail vanilla. This is accomplished by several steps. One is to prevent or stop players from abusing bugs, especially ones that have malicious intent that give a player an unfair advantage or directly affect another player in a negative way (such as multibox pvping or afk'ing in BGs to name a few). The other is to assist players when they are dealing with a mob or quest that may be scripted incorrectly, as I have discussed in the previous question.

Q13. What do you think is the most important thing a Gamemaster can do?
The most important thing a Gamemaster can do is make sure that everyone is enjoying the game and that everyone has a fair chance at "winning" so to speak, in the hopes that we can maintain an active population on the server and strive for a healthier, non-toxic community.

Q14. What will you do if a Player asks you for help?
If a player was asking for help with a broken quest chain, for example, the first step would be to confirm that they have tried all capable options to complete the quest on their own and that they haven't simply misread or misinterpreted the objectives. The second step is to ask for proof of attempt to complete the quest, either with an adequate screenshot or preferably a video. Once I have confirmed that the quest is not working and that the player has attempted all steps to complete it, I will assist the player in helping complete the quest as long as it is within my capabilities as a Gamemaster to do so.

Q15. What will you do if you are unable to help?
If they submitted a legitimate request for assistance and it is not within my capabilities as a GM to help, I would apologize to the player and reassure them that I would submit their request to a member of the staff higher up for a potential future fix. However, if a player is asking for help for something that is against the rules or not within my jurisdiction to help, I would politely explain to a player the specific reason for why I would not be allowed to help.

Q16. Gamemasters always use correct English spelling and grammar. Do you?
Yes, I can speak, read, and write English fluently. I am also very patient with other players when English is not their first language.

Q17. If an event gets out of control, how would you how would you handle the situation?
In a calm and controlled manner, making sure to restore order while abiding by the Gamemaster rules.

Q18. Have you ever committed any act of fraud or dishonesty? If yes, please explain.
No.

Q19. If you were going to submit a suggestion for us, what would it be?
The only suggestion I can think of at the top of my head right now would be to expand on the outreach and advertisement of the server to the private server community. News of classic wow has brought in a surge of new players to the server, which is fantastic, but when I bring the topic of VanillaGaming to players on other private servers most people are either unfamiliar with the server or have a vague understanding of it.

Q20. What positive additions could you (or do you already) make to the server/Community?
I have discussed above that I created a social/leveling guild called Fellowship of the Ring to retain new players to the server. I also regularly aid players that have questions about talents, leveling suggestions, or add-ons by redirecting them to specific vanilla guides online or whispering them with what I know.

Q21. Professionalism, integrity, and honesty are required at all times. In what ways do these words describe you?
I consider myself to have these traits and I hope that my fellow players can attest to this when asked. I've never tried to maliciously hurt another player on the server and always try to help out people if I have the time to do so.

Q22. Have you ever been disciplined by a Gamemaster on VanillaGaming?
No.

Q23. What can you do to help the server grow?
I'm a part of several discords from my time raiding on other private servers. When I left those servers or a guild broke up, I always told my guildies that I was headed back to VanillaGaming and told them a few details about the server. I also try to bring back old VG players back to the server when ever I see an active raiding spot open for them.  

Q24. What is your definition of teamwork?
Teamwork is when a group of individuals come together to accomplish a goal or task by using effective communication, properly assigning roles and tasks to each individual, and making sure that each individual is contributing to the group and that team members are acting in a synergistic way and not hindering each other. I've been a part of numerous teams as a member of team sports and several school clubs.

Q25. Is there anything else that you would like the Staff to know?
I've been part of the VanillaGaming community for a little over two years now and it was actually the first private server I played on.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 07:42:55 pm by Valurian » Logged

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 08:43:38 pm »

Valurian is full package.He is very experienced player,he always helps others and the most important thing is that you can actually always learn something new from him.Words cant describe how much positive he is and its always enjoyable to play with him. Big +1 . Joaqin <3.
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 10:53:57 pm »

big +1. This guy has been a huge help to newcomers to the server for quite some time, actively running probably the biggest social guild on alliance, and bringing them through dungeons and even raids daily, and teaching them the ways of vanilla. He fits the perfect suit of a GM if I've ever seen it

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: