June 16, 2019, 06:38:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
146115 Posts in 17710 Topics- by 31772 Members - Latest Member: springvisuals
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: AV Event Saturday 21:00st!  (Read 2660 times)
Assistant Administrator
Discord: Skurri#3585
View Profile
« on: August 27, 2018, 10:02:57 pm »

AV Event

Date: Saturday, 1st of September.

Time: 21:00 ST

Reputation prize with any pvp faction for each sides top 3 killers, aswell as their pocket healer.

Winners will receive their rewards later.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 09:14:07 pm by Skurri » Logged
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 09:13:12 am »

If you plan to do more events you should try to make a prize that is more achievable by all classes. Top 3 kills with pocket healer basically means rogues/warriors and maybe some mages due to the instant attack once the enemies are low. Its much more difficult for warlocks/hunters and shadow priests to achieve a high number of kills due to the lack of an instant attack/cast for a finishing move. I'm exalted with all the pvp factions(winning doesnt benefit me) so there is no hidden agenda here from me and am not trying to bash the event(it is a good idea). Just want to bring light that its highly likely a warrior/rogue maybe mage + their healer wins the vast majority of these event which may lead to less attendees going forward.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 09:24:17 am by BestFCEU » Logged
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 09:50:27 am »

If you plan to do more events you should try to make a prize that is more achievable by all classes. Top 3 kills with pocket healer basically means rogues/warriors and maybe some mages due to the instant attack once the enemies are low. Its much more difficult for warlocks/hunters and shadow priests to achieve a high number of kills due to the lack of an instant attack/cast for a finishing move. I'm exalted with all the pvp factions(winning doesnt benefit me) so there is no hidden agenda here from me and am not trying to bash the event(it is a good idea). Just want to bring light that its highly likely a warrior/rogue maybe mage + their healer wins the vast majority of these event which may lead to less attendees going forward.

Valid points ^^ there should be some converter of faction reputation into gold as not all players are interested in rep reward.

Furthermore, gold and rep rewards should be divided for winners and loosers. Players from faction which lost AV should get less rep/gold for their top kills than players who won AV.

I firmly believe that it sounds right to distinguish such differences.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 04:22:55 pm »

Sure, if you consider nothing about the class at all and only wanna complain. Mage and Warlocks have instant cast finishers which  gives them a ks advantage which they always use since mage is the most common event winner on vg. And don't forget everyone except rogues have big crit spells/abilities they can use at any point without build-up. Here the GM went out of his way to include healers because healers have been asking for it, and all you can do it try to complain on anything u can think of? Grow up, no game is perfectly balanced, anyone can win. And if you don't need the rep...don't join, you are one that doesn't, we are hundreds that do. And Mr. GM Sir, I thought you were all about the server rules, and according to Sin Rep is the only prize allowed to be used unless it's a rare/unique type of event. I suggest if you want these things changed you speak to Zeard or Sin, personally i would love if you widened the reward spectrum. But as far as I understand it, you as a GM can't just change the reward rules as you see fit.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2018, 05:14:32 pm »

Sure, if you consider nothing about the class at all and only wanna complain. Mage and Warlocks have instant cast finishers which  gives them a ks advantage which they always use since mage is the most common event winner on vg. And don't forget everyone except rogues have big crit spells/abilities they can use at any point without build-up. Here the GM went out of his way to include healers because healers have been asking for it, and all you can do it try to complain on anything u can think of? Grow up, no game is perfectly balanced, anyone can win. And if you don't need the rep...don't join, you are one that doesn't, we are hundreds that do. And Mr. GM Sir, I thought you were all about the server rules, and according to Sin Rep is the only prize allowed to be used unless it's a rare/unique type of event. I suggest if you want these things changed you speak to Zeard or Sin, personally i would love if you widened the reward spectrum. But as far as I understand it, you as a GM can't just change the reward rules as you see fit.

Lol i am not complaining, i will likely play either way.. but you are foolish if you think that the warlock/hunters and shadow priests have the same chance at getting killing blows as rogues/warriors and mages.  If all of the events are only the top kills and their pocket healers its going to be the same few people who always win. Which will only lead to less people attending... most of the time one AV pops and then it dies.

My suggestion is to consider other ideas such as who turns in the most quest items in the AV or something like this(can get feedback from server for more ideas) Now, thats not to say this current idea of top kills/pocket healer can't be used again but its unbalanced if every single event uses these rules.  Having multiple event types for this would only encourage more people to come the next time.  If we had 100s of people interested in AV then we wouldn't need GMs to start events to get them going now would we? I find it funny you tell me to grow up when all i am trying to do here is start the conversation to make things more fair for everyone and get more AVs going.. i have nothing to gain here lol. I'd even throw 5,000g into a pool for winners who don't care about the rep to avoid the GM issue you mentioned. However, AV rarely pops so the event could probably be considered "rare" as well as the healer aspect is totally new so its "unique" Smiley. Maybe something like 1st = 2k or 2nd = 1k etc from the pool in the event the winner declines the rep reward, can even increase these gold prizes if more gold is crowdfunded.

#14/15
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 05:56:10 pm by BestFCEU » Logged
Tester
Plikten framfor allt
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2018, 06:17:44 pm »

Sure, if you consider nothing about the class at all and only wanna complain. Mage and Warlocks have instant cast finishers which  gives them a ks advantage which they always use since mage is the most common event winner on vg. And don't forget everyone except rogues have big crit spells/abilities they can use at any point without build-up. Here the GM went out of his way to include healers because healers have been asking for it, and all you can do it try to complain on anything u can think of? Grow up, no game is perfectly balanced, anyone can win. And if you don't need the rep...don't join, you are one that doesn't, we are hundreds that do. And Mr. GM Sir, I thought you were all about the server rules, and according to Sin Rep is the only prize allowed to be used unless it's a rare/unique type of event. I suggest if you want these things changed you speak to Zeard or Sin, personally i would love if you widened the reward spectrum. But as far as I understand it, you as a GM can't just change the reward rules as you see fit.

Lol i am not complaining, i will likely play either way.. but you are foolish if you think that the warlock/hunters and shadow priests have the same chance at getting killing blows as rogues/warriors and mages.  If all of the events are only the top kills and their pocket healers its going to be the same few people who always win. Which will only lead to less people attending... most of the time one AV pops and then it dies.

My suggestion is to consider other ideas such as who turns in the most quest items in the AV or something like this(can get feedback from server for more ideas) Now, thats not to say this current idea of top kills/pocket healer can't be used again but its unbalanced if every single event uses these rules.  Having multiple event types for this would only encourage more people to come the next time.  If we had 100s of people interested in AV then we wouldn't need GMs to start events to get them going now would we? I find it funny you tell me to grow up when all i am trying to do here is start the conversation to make things more fair for everyone and get more AVs going.. i have nothing to gain here lol. I'd even throw 5,000g into a pool for winners who don't care about the rep to avoid the GM issue you mentioned. However, AV rarely pops so the event could probably be considered "rare" as well as the healer aspect is totally new so its "unique" Smiley. Maybe something like 1st = 2k or 2nd = 1k etc from the pool in the event the winner declines the rep reward, can even increase these gold prizes if more gold is crowdfunded.

#14/15

I mean i agree that its kinda bland to have the highest killer getting a reward, to change that you can reward only the pockethealer. (Example: Swago and Gsport, then Gsport will get the reward if Swago gets top kills)

The part about quests is that its hard to keep track of i'd imagine.

Its always funny to me when people argue PVP (even though AV is pve)

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2018, 06:41:18 pm »

The part about quests is that its hard to keep track of i'd imagine.

Ye i wasn't sure how difficult it is for them to track, was just an idea to brainstorm on for future events. I'm sure people will like the event above but the more ideas the better. Would be nice for people in BWL/AQ40 caliber gear to have some chance to win an event instead of getting curbstompped by all the t3 nerds everytime. Im not saying that all events should placate to the newer people, (its good to have some that vg's finest nerds can have an e-peen battle) but if some do, it only encourages people to come back.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 06:50:36 pm by BestFCEU » Logged
Why do meteors always land in craters?
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2018, 06:45:06 pm »

Killing blows is not a measurement of skill and should not be rewarded. AV is a team effort and if someone should be rewarded it's the entire side that's victorious. Do best out of 5 AV games. Whichever sides wins, horde or ally 3 times first, reward all 40 of the players with the reputation reward or whatever reward. Dps can't do without healers and healers can't do without dps.
It Aint Easy Being Green
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2018, 08:28:46 pm »

Killing blows is not a measurement of skill and should not be rewarded.

This guy gets it
top 3 killers should get punished for picking on noob players, shame on you!!

Assistant Administrator
Discord: Skurri#3585
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2018, 09:18:50 pm »

The winners will get their rewards later tonight, or tomorrow. Rep for winners from each AV tonight. Send me a PM or reply here with your pocket healer.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 09:20:49 pm by Skurri » Logged
Tester
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2018, 09:59:43 pm »

Chaos never fails to take the fun out of events

pve heroes lmao

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2018, 10:12:51 pm »

pve heroes lmao
Honestly who is responsible off releasing this kid from ban. World was hella lot better place b4
What the hell u mean. If alliance lose and quit queing i dont see how it is horde side fault of "take fun out of event". Should we had to lose few more in purpose or what? Fucking retard. /shoo
Darkslayer lvl. 3
View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2018, 10:27:59 pm »

LF guild PK doing carry in AV
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2018, 02:42:03 am »

I was strongforsiz's pocket healer (Alliance) and I believe he got top 3 killing blows in each AV. A GM can confirm with him online, he said he isn't able to post on the forums tho.

-Valurian

?
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2018, 09:53:40 am »

pve heroes lmao

Calling any horde pve hero while alliance has  3 or 4 times bigger pop and not able to fill up AV?

Do i have to say anything else?
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: