October 23, 2018, 04:54:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
144272 Posts in 17401 Topics- by 29980 Members - Latest Member: Lumbarin
Poll
Question: What's the reason for mages getting asked/forced to decurse at jindo packs in zg?  (Voting closed: August 20, 2018, 02:28:55 am)
a) Most mages doing zg runs are newbies whom will die upon pulling aggro and then slow the raid by getting rezzed and rebuffed multiple times (so they decurse and this doesn't happen) - 0 (0%)
b) Debuff really needs to removed as it will wipe the raid even when there are multiple people with top gear in the raid - 6 (60%)
c) There are not enough druids to decurse - 4 (40%)
Total Voters: 8

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do mages decurse in zg?  (Read 799 times)
View Profile Email
« on: August 10, 2018, 02:28:55 am »

Hey folks, i've been doing zg pugs/guild runs often for some time now and
noticed almost 99% of the time mages getting asked/forced to decurse at zg
So i've been wanting to ask to Raid leaders and the raid attendants to what's the actual reason?
Raid leaders or anyone else for this matter please feel free to reply with your opinions or explain this.
If there is a diffrent reason to this than the 3 options posted also post a comment about it.

Have a great day; lastly thank you all for reading and voting dear fellow vanilla gamers.
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 07:38:58 am »

Hey folks, i've been doing zg pugs/guild runs often for some time now and
noticed almost 99% of the time mages getting asked/forced to decurse at zg
So i've been wanting to ask to Raid leaders and the raid attendants to what's the actual reason?
Raid leaders or anyone else for this matter please feel free to reply with your opinions or explain this.
If there is a diffrent reason to this than the 3 options posted also post a comment about it.

Have a great day; lastly thank you all for reading and voting dear fellow vanilla gamers.

I believe that it's a combination of both your question b and c, atleast when it comes to the trash infront of Jin'do as the curse they throw on the entire raid increases the damage done to the raid by _alot_.

There are numerous occations where mages have to stop dealing damage and only focus on decursing to ensure that the raid survives throughout the vanilla content.

Tester
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 02:45:16 pm »

I agree with Atreyyo. My favorite tactic is to have a warlock aoe-tank the trash by using Hellfire. It's easy to survive as long as there are no curses up. But one curse causes the damage to the warlock to be roughly quadrupled while the other reduces healing done. You can imagine yourself what the effects are if they are not instantly removed.
<Americas Most Wanted>
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2018, 09:18:41 pm »

Mostly A, sometimes B and C. With B, it's because tank has shitty gear. With C, it's usually because the druids that we do have are healers.

Goldshire Cheese and Fetish Club
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2018, 12:58:38 am »

The main issue is the -75% healing debuff curse. When your warlock or plate tank gets this he/she will probably die, unless decursed.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: