November 20, 2018, 05:27:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
144507 Posts in 17435 Topics- by 30118 Members - Latest Member: Waffleton
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: AV Event Saturday 21:00st!  (Read 1381 times)
Pro FC'ing, deal with it.
View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2018, 12:41:15 pm »

Chaos never fails to take the fun out of events

pve heroes lmao
Wtf has pve to do with pvp, 40x more alliance players.
But u fucking nerds manage to kill AV after 3 or 4 loss, then u start to queue ab, and getting rekt aswell, and then it ended with only wsg popping.

Shame on YOU and ur faction, idiot.
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2018, 12:52:27 pm »

I also don't get why you think that Chaos took fun out of the event?
I mean, we played AV just like you did, where's the problem? Did we do anything wrong or abused anything?

edit: Alliance pop isn't 3-4x the Horde pop though :-)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 01:02:08 pm by Pucchini » Logged

https://i.imgur.com/0k94nIv.jpg
^Hi Chess, legit THC earned with the EPGP loot distribution system. Not by half-assed DKP with lootcounciled KT loot ;-)

Rogue CL of <Chaos>
chaosvg.shivtr.com
View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2018, 02:01:48 pm »

While the state of PvP is always a bit slow on this server, I think part of the problem is the rewards.

Every time there is an AV event the rewards only go to the top X killers.  This poses HUGE issues for attendance.  What about healers? What about lower geared players? Or even a well geared player like myself who doesnt have a team of pocket heals just for the sake of winning the event?

Maybe we can change the rewards to something like "if you attend a full 10 games of AV (wins and losses) then you get X"

Or it can be something like everyone who attends gets X (maybe honor? rep?) and then there can be prizes for top performers (GY caps or something) or for people who stick it out all 10 losses on allies (lel).  Giving rewards to the top KB players is also how we end up with people farming honor in field of strife/ganking rather than actually trying to play the AV.

Many players wont even bother because they see no incentive to join an AV where they get no rep and are just crushed with no "event" rewards.  Many games infact will give you special items etc just for participating, not necessarily being in the "top 3" of 80 players.  For Honor for example will give you ornaments, or special event gear just for playing during event periods or attending (not winning) tournaments.  As well as Destiny (Yuck).  I once hosted many PvP events on TBC wow and ANYONE who attended automatically got +1 to their PvP rank, with the top three getting better rewards.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 02:05:20 pm by WAAAGH » Logged
View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2018, 02:38:01 pm »

^
smart post here

join <Le Chaos> : http://chaosvg.shivtr.com/
View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2018, 04:22:11 pm »

Many games infact will give you special items etc just for participating
Once i got a special reward in the AV event, a special blue sword. But the fact thing is i got it on my druid  Grin
Even tho i asked the management give me something else as i cant equip swords Grin
Pro FC'ing, deal with it.
View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2018, 05:24:46 pm »

While the state of PvP is always a bit slow on this server, I think part of the problem is the rewards.

Every time there is an AV event the rewards only go to the top X killers.  This poses HUGE issues for attendance.  What about healers? What about lower geared players? Or even a well geared player like myself who doesnt have a team of pocket heals just for the sake of winning the event?

Maybe we can change the rewards to something like "if you attend a full 10 games of AV (wins and losses) then you get X"

Or it can be something like everyone who attends gets X (maybe honor? rep?) and then there can be prizes for top performers (GY caps or something) or for people who stick it out all 10 losses on allies (lel).  Giving rewards to the top KB players is also how we end up with people farming honor in field of strife/ganking rather than actually trying to play the AV.

Many players wont even bother because they see no incentive to join an AV where they get no rep and are just crushed with no "event" rewards.  Many games infact will give you special items etc just for participating, not necessarily being in the "top 3" of 80 players.  For Honor for example will give you ornaments, or special event gear just for playing during event periods or attending (not winning) tournaments.  As well as Destiny (Yuck).  I once hosted many PvP events on TBC wow and ANYONE who attended automatically got +1 to their PvP rank, with the top three getting better rewards.
BIG +1 here! Well said.
View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2018, 05:43:37 pm »

Many players wont even bother because they see no incentive to join an AV where they get no rep and are just crushed with no "event" rewards.  Many games infact will give you special items etc just for participating, not necessarily being in the "top 3" of 80 players.  For Honor for example will give you ornaments, or special event gear just for playing during event periods or attending (not winning) tournaments.  As well as Destiny (Yuck).  I once hosted many PvP events on TBC wow and ANYONE who attended automatically got +1 to their PvP rank, with the top three getting better rewards.

Even if you lose the AV you get like 200 rep. I agree, that there should definitely be more ways to win some bonus rep but handing out participation trophies is silly.
View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2018, 02:39:16 am »

Even if you lose the AV you get like 200 rep. I agree, that there should definitely be more ways to win some bonus rep but handing out participation trophies is silly.
except you'd need them for this low of a populated server, who the vast majority was PvE oriented when i played. They had no incentive to queue, except if they had participation trophies.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2018, 05:53:38 am »

you could do something like top 10/15 hks get rewarded. gluck tracking down 80 people to give them participation rep each game
View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2018, 10:09:25 am »

I also don't get why you think that Chaos took fun out of the event?
I mean, we played AV just like you did, where's the problem? Did we do anything wrong or abused anything?

edit: Alliance pop isn't 3-4x the Horde pop though :-)

Still waiting for a reply, Simplest, or are you just shitposting?

https://i.imgur.com/0k94nIv.jpg
^Hi Chess, legit THC earned with the EPGP loot distribution system. Not by half-assed DKP with lootcounciled KT loot ;-)

Rogue CL of <Chaos>
chaosvg.shivtr.com
View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2018, 10:55:04 am »

you could do something like top 10/15 hks get rewarded. gluck tracking down 80 people to give them participation rep each game

Thats a good idea.  I admit it wouldn't be fun tracking 80 people- but honestly being a GM isn't as glamorous as alot of people think, its DEFINITELY NOT all fun and games, and it does indeed involve putting in WORK even for events that are just for fun.  These 'participation trophies' could be distributed DURING the AV, or a screenshot can be taken while the BG is up and that's all it would take.  If the global reward is something like bonus 100 AV rep per game, then all it would require is making a macro ".mod <factionid> <amount>" (or w/e the code valid on this server is) and then clicking it on every player that's currently in the BG.

Wingedhussar previously posted that they acknowledge the love needs to be spread a bit so we'll see how they handle it.  Also btw big thanks to Skurri and the GM team for hosting the event.  It's not their fault the Allies stopped queuing regardless of an event =D  Clearly VG has the pop to make AV happen if it wants.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 11:45:46 am by WAAAGH » Logged
Gamemaster
Hunter, guardian, destroyer, menace
View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2018, 11:33:01 am »

Hey,
I just wanna chime in and say that the staff is aware of the concerns regarding rewards for topX killing blows/honorable kills etc.
It's just that we weren't sure what's going to be the most fair and desired rewards for everyone.

I think we'd greatly appreciate some initiative by the players to check what is a fair and appropriate reward ;-)

Edit: Rewarding all participants is rather easy, don't hesitate to let your thoughts free-flow.

How to submit tickets.

I have a toothache, can you come look at it for me? It's the one in the back!
Goldshire Cheese and Fetish Club
View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2018, 01:14:22 pm »

Handing out participation trophies is what liberalism is all about! Smiley

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2018, 05:16:15 pm »

Well in a sense, handing out trophies to anyone even to the ones that didn't help at all in the BG, is more like communism

join <Le Chaos> : http://chaosvg.shivtr.com/
View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2018, 12:50:33 pm »

Hey look guys n gals, nobody is suggesting welfare epics, I certainly despised that as early as Wrath so I'm with you there. No need to resort to making personal attacks about people's alleged political views. That being said it'd be nice for these AV events to at least help players get some VERY hard earned rep.  During the AV event I had a quest to assault a GY, and after painstaking attempts on my blue geared hunter I managed to cap a point and defend it successfully until it capped - but the quest didn't give me credit D=

Nobody wants to kill korrak, you cant multi-box a healer for yourself to kill him, and if a particular faction ::COUGHhorde:: is dominating the AVs you cant even turn in armor scraps IF you manage to pick them up before someone releases, and since they don't remain in your inventory after leaving you cant turn them in next game either.

At the end of the day I would suggest global AV rep for joining the game.  Not really game-breaking - it's something we all need help with (except very few or old-school toons, or a couple of Horde ahem who know how to rep AV outside) because of AV bugs, and again - it would encourage every class and every gear level player to join.  Also not saying there cant still be some type of rewards for top performers as well.  Players already at exalted can go for those prizes
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 12:57:01 pm by WAAAGH » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: