June 18, 2018, 06:50:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
143365 Posts in 17242 Topics- by 29528 Members - Latest Member: popovic38
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Core change deadline update  (Read 761 times)
Deputy Administrator
View Profile
« on: May 22, 2018, 01:59:30 pm »

Hello VanillaGaming community, we have some news regarding the new core.

The original deadline was set for before summer, but with summer at our doorstep, and testing input / applications still low alongside with increasing demand of work from other high status or career essential projects from our developer staff members (Zeard, Erga and me) we have to unfortunately postpone the release date deadline for the new core till end of summer / beginning of autumn.

We have concluded it's better to wait for the moment when the community population is more at its peak for proper testing of the new content, guild wise and invidual and all the developers are simultaneously fully available, to get the change finished efficently and once for all.

Don't worry, the change will come as every update and change has came before on vG, in their time.

Hostile or accusatory comments will be removed as usual, putting unconstructive negativity at the subject doesn't make the core change come any faster, just helps to damage population.

and last but not least, have a great and warm summer everyone!

Yours,

Sins and the Staff

http://realmplayers.com/CharacterViewer.aspx?realm=VG&player=Sin

GM / Staff complaints are sent to me Erga or Zeard via pm, not posted on forums, there they will be deleted on sight.
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 02:11:14 pm »

Couldn't agree more. Better to make sure everything is working as it should rather than stressing to launch a core with alot of bugs and untested stuff.

Hopefully more players will get on board with the testing aswell.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 02:12:17 pm »

As expected. Thanks for the update
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 03:26:59 pm »

No need to rush things, better be save then sorry.

+1
Pro FC'ing, deal with it.
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2018, 04:36:20 pm »

We're looking forward for it! Shocked)

Thanks for keeping us updated.
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 12:04:12 pm »

More updates than Blizzard on classic, so at least your doing better than them :p
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2018, 01:39:09 pm »

Oh well

"In this world where time is your enemy, it is my greatest ally. This grand game of life that you think you play in fact plays you. To that I say... Let the games begin!" - Nefarian
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2018, 11:12:13 pm »

with all due respect, why dont you use some of the donations that this place gets and actually hire some one to work on this instead of relying on people to do this with spare time, or even add an option to donate just to help hire someone?  i feel like this server is almost like a classic car/motorbike that some one buys, plans to fix it up in the spare time, with best of intentions,  but it ends up just being a time/money sink and nothing ever comes of it. i just assume that with people doing this when/if they have time, there is no real incentive for any one to complete it, where if some one was getting payed to do this, they have an obligation to get the work done.

lemon squeezy.
Head Gamemaster
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2018, 12:23:21 am »

with all due respect, why dont you use some of the donations that this place gets and actually hire some one to work on this instead of relying on people to do this with spare time, or even add an option to donate just to help hire someone?  i feel like this server is almost like a classic car/motorbike that some one buys, plans to fix it up in the spare time, with best of intentions,  but it ends up just being a time/money sink and nothing ever comes of it. i just assume that with people doing this when/if they have time, there is no real incentive for any one to complete it, where if some one was getting payed to do this, they have an obligation to get the work done.
https://vanillagaming.org/forum/index.php?topic=22513.msg171271#msg171271

Second and third paragraphs, from the link above, should fully answer to your concerns.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2018, 04:44:00 am »

Hello.
First of all thanks for keeping us update regarding new core launch.
I would like to write about few things which came into my mind after reading this post.
Firstly if staff wants to postponed the core launch just to have more people to test it compare to what we have at this moment. I would suggest you to don't do it. Its not worth it if you guys think after summer new guild will form in EU times. Right now we got 1 EU guild on alliance side and 1 EU guild horde side just to mention full naxx clearing guilds. And this situation will be same even after summer most likely. So imo its better to release the core asap regardless of summer stuff cuz maybe it might save few people to stick around.

About tester situation, when i was a part of tester team back in 2017 when this nost core stuff came on internet and we took that and zeard made server on new core. At that very time Spox, i still remember that guy with abit of help from fadeas tested whole AQ40. And i still remember he mentioned to keep that aq40 nd just swap cthun, ouro and i think visc maybe. So i dont see why its gettin delay.

Now about naxx, we(when i was part of tester team) decided to keep VG naxx with fixing some buggs in vg's naxx. I dont think it takes more than a single day to fix all stuff because most of buggs been reported on forum and those reports are older than year. Like PW attack speed it doesnt take rocket science knowledge to fix it, its just a number u need replace. Anub impale range. And so on.

Now about lower instance fadeas told me they tested whole bwl and its working perfectly fine. While poodle tested most of 5/10/20 man dungeons. So when dungeons are working fine why you guys delayin the launch?

Again if staff is thinking that population might increase with current core, then i would say chances are real low. Maybe pops increase after u launch new core with proper advertisment.

And in end i know 98% that i wont get reply to any of the stuff i wrote above from staff memeber but still i wrote it down for people who still plays here.

I dont meant to be rude to anyone or such. Have fun and good luck on killing bosses.
Tester
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2018, 04:47:20 pm »

Sins also states that the developers are busy elsewhere during the summer, whether it be vacation or work. The population status is only one part of the decision.
Why do meteors always land in craters?
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2018, 05:17:23 pm »

Not like people will suddenly go "OMG THEY HAVE A NEW CORE LET'S STOP WHAT WE'RE DOING AND PLAY ON VG". Population will be the same as it is and the same as it always has been. VG has always been solid and playable so I literally see nothing that the core could improve that would make something playable that is not the case at the moment, thus don't see a reason to rush it. Same players will be here + some new people, that's pretty much it though. Only improvement with the core that I would see is if you start promoting the server on reddit saying it has a new core and bla bla bla. Tryhards on the classic subreddit will ofc not play coz there is the x15 rate option.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the core won't make any difference whatsoever.
Tester
<Chaos>
View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2018, 11:52:58 pm »

Well, new core can be the occasion to fine tune some rates to cater and attract some other players Wink

Join the Chaos journey !

Hi Cohle - https://prnt.sc/js35ys
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2018, 12:44:21 am »

Fresh when?

Cheers to Nopesorry for the sig
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: