April 13, 2021, 07:25:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
148658 Posts in 18081 Topics- by 34027 Members - Latest Member: foxcz1
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Faction Imbalance  (Read 4630 times)
View Profile Email
« on: May 06, 2018, 07:13:40 pm »

Since when I played here avidly about a year or two ago, in raiding guilds Prophecy and Perseverance, and now when I log in from a huge break, I have always noticed a big faction imbalance on the server. Every Warsong I que into as Alliance side there is maybe 2-4 horde, and the battleground ends up closing. (If the que pops in the first place) As far as I know, Horde side has no active raiding guilds accept maybe one? (Correct me if I'm wrong on that)To address these problems of lack of Horde players, I offer a possible solution to the faction imbalance by allowing volunteers on ally side a faction swap to horde, so that they don't have to start leveling, grinding profs, and getting their gear all over again.

I'm not saying this will solve the faction imbalance, but it might be some help to at least keep PvP running on this server, and give new players who make their first character on Horde side people to welcome them.
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 07:28:02 pm »

Well the hordes not queeing is because this afternoon they got beaten all the time. It is typical VG, when one faction loses, they stop queeing, because they are poesie.

Former member of Gnomeography, Unique, Goldshire Golfclub, Everest.

Member of the VG research group investigating how to make VG drama free. Update: recently had some major setbacks, but we plan to have our conclusions and proposal ready by Spring 2035.
Tester
Plikten framfor allt
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2018, 07:53:19 pm »

Well the hordes not queeing is because this afternoon they got beaten all the time. It is typical VG, when one faction loses, they stop queeing, because they are poesie.
How meni wsg a day do u play unspoken? Smiley but yeah morale is fickle thing I agree.

There is a faction imbalance that is true. Though horde does at the moment have more r14 queuers than alliance which make it sound odd to me that ally outnumber H in PvP.
When I queue (after 22st) it's always lack of alliance and not horde. I guess pre 22 it's possible that horde doesn't queue I dunno.

I do like the suggestion of free transf from A to H. I think it has been brought up b4 and it boiled down to it needs either sins erga or zeard(just drawing from memory, feel free to correct me) to do it manually. So I don't think it will happend.
Chaos, America's most wanted and PK (dunno if the last 2 raids)

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2018, 08:36:56 pm »

With you being one of the most respected pvpers on VG I trust your word more than mine. But we can both agree that Horde definitely has a big numeric difference compared to Alliance yeah?
VaG LEGEND
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2018, 08:45:00 pm »

When I queue (after 22st) it's always lack of alliance and not horde. I guess pre 22 it's possible that horde doesn't queue I dunno.

its cuz i log horde at 22st.
but tonite am gona try to get new gf.
It is long time friend of mine, but i decided to make a change and step out.
We will watch some spanish soap on tv, she like to drink beer (i must not, goin on Treatment for Alcohol Problems-not joke at all), so I will drink some Orange juice. I will sleep over at her place.

Becase of this I will not log tonite, and u can have faction balance.

Have fun my friends

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2018, 09:39:52 pm »

We will watch some spanish soap on tv, she like to drink beer (i must not, goin on Treatment for Alcohol Problems-not joke at all), so I will drink some Orange juice. I will sleep over at her place.

Have fun my friends

this legit made me lol

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2018, 06:33:37 am »

BGs are cancer
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2018, 10:27:48 am »

Have fun my friends

Are you going to bring your own orange juice, or just assume that she has some orange juice that she will let you drink?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2018, 03:31:06 pm »

This is an idiot's question, but if there is a legit answer, it would be greatly appreciated:

1. Can the sever owners/runners just group queued characters together regardless of faction into teams, and have the winning team members, regardless of faction, earn points during battlegrounds only?

This was a very long time ago, but I remember a having a command I would use to make my alliance character horde friendly and alliance hated on for poops and giggles on my own laptop  server. I don't know if it is more complicated than that (probably is much more complicated than I imagine), but if it were possible: Queue numbers, and therefore games, wouldn't be dependent on factions, just the number of people queuing.

Again, I know this is an idiot's question, but this isn't blizzard run, so it doesn't have to be, "working as intended".
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2018, 04:12:38 pm »

How meni wsg a day do u play unspoken? Smiley but yeah morale is fickle thing I agree.

I just played like 6 yday on hunter early afternoon. And I think we won 6 consecutive games. After that I suppose alliance kept winning resulting in the hordes not queeing any longer. Over all I think the hordes have a better morale than the alliance. I have seen alliance quit numerous times after just losing 2 or 3 battles. Oh I miss the retail times in 2005-2006 with premades and you either had flawless and swift victories or extremely tactical battles.

Former member of Gnomeography, Unique, Goldshire Golfclub, Everest.

Member of the VG research group investigating how to make VG drama free. Update: recently had some major setbacks, but we plan to have our conclusions and proposal ready by Spring 2035.
Anatomic. Or just Ana ;))
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2018, 04:37:48 pm »

Theese days BG's are 0 brain needed. Just get carried thru and have fun rapin fresh meat.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2018, 05:23:49 pm »

Its funny still seeing people making a distinction between H and A players in bg when there probably is none. Everyone has an alt or 5, or is playing on a shared char, or atleast it used to be the case in my r14 grind.
?
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2018, 06:30:44 pm »

Its funny still seeing people making a distinction between H and A players in bg when there probably is none. Everyone has an alt or 5, or is playing on a shared char, or atleast it used to be the case in my r14 grind.

I only obey Thrall and spill blood in his name.
archi
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2018, 02:24:50 pm »

1) Crossfaction Bgs.
2) Free Faction Change.
3) Fix imbalance (4v10 for example, ppl who understand this only).
4) Zeard noob.

c:
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 02:42:19 pm by archi » Logged
Tester
Plikten framfor allt
View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2018, 03:44:02 pm »

I only obey Thrall and spill blood in his name.
Sarek that you?

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: