June 16, 2019, 10:53:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
146111 Posts in 17709 Topics- by 31768 Members - Latest Member: jovankata596
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is multiboxing allowed?  (Read 6551 times)
Night Elf Hunter <Best in Slot>
View Profile
« on: April 01, 2018, 09:39:36 pm »

PvE multiboxing with 20+ characters, one of the most un-blizzlike things imaginable, is completely fine according to the rules. But when you use a bot to level up your FISHING skill a little bit you get a PERMANENT BAN. What's the thought process here?? Apparently fishing skill is more important than getting end-game epic gear all by yourself??

Looking forward to mature VG discussions in this thread.
Tester
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 10:09:36 pm »

PvE multiboxing with 20+ characters, one of the most un-blizzlike things imaginable, is completely fine according to the rules. But when you use a bot to level up your FISHING skill a little bit you get a PERMANENT BAN. What's the thought process here?? Apparently fishing skill is more important than getting end-game epic gear all by yourself??

Looking forward to mature VG discussions in this thread.

First off, multiboxing has always been allowed by blizzard, hence "blizzlike".

Secondly, using external software to "automate" game play has never been allowed by blizzard and resulted in a closed account, eg. Banned.

VG is striving for blizzlike game play.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 10:46:59 pm by Atreyyo » Logged

Tester
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2018, 10:47:59 pm »

Do you think a multiboxing cap at around 5 characters would be realistic?

Edit: this is a reply to the comment below.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 10:52:44 pm by Poodlesnack » Logged
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2018, 10:49:35 pm »

First off, multiboxing has always been allowed by blizzard, hence "blizzlike".

Yes, because that would require you to pay about a thousand euros a month, do I really need to explain that?

Secondly, using external software to "automate" game play has never been allowed by blizzard and resulted in a closed account, eg. Banned.

All multiboxers are using external software to automatise gameplay, otherwise it's simply impossible.

Do you think a multiboxing cap at around 5 characters would be realistic?

I don't see why not.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 10:51:12 pm by Accurate » Logged
Tester
Plikten framfor allt
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2018, 11:09:22 pm »

seeing you are fine with 5 man cap. then what is your real problem with multiboxers?
why do you think the line should be at 5 not 10 or 2 or 15 or 20 or 40? just wondering why you thought 5 would be an ok suggestion

Comparing fish botting to key broadcaster lul.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2018, 11:13:47 pm »

As a fanatic multiboxer I need to respond.

Last time I played retail I had to pay 12 euro per month for one account. 20 account would be 240 euro, not a 1000. And yes, ofc Blizzard encourages that!

Multiboxers use software to be able to send keys over multiple Windows, But they do not use automatic gameplay. You still need to press each skill yourself. You can make macros to make stuff easier. For example, when I press 4 on my tank he casts shield slam and my mage has frostbolt on 4. That is still manual gameplay. Also takes quite some time to set that up. Having some sort of software run your char to lvl up fishing is something completely different. It is botting letting a computer do the job for you.

I like boxing for a different gaming experience. Botting is not really a new gaming experience, it is simply not playing. If you do not want to play the game, play another.

I wonder why you have problems with boxers acquiring gear? Especially on a a server which is running for 10 years. Are you afraid the boxers get something before you do?

Former member of Gnomeography, Unique, Goldshire Golfclub, Everest.

Member of the VG research group investigating how to make VG drama free. Update: recently had some major setbacks, but we plan to have our conclusions and proposal ready by Spring 2035.
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2018, 11:55:25 pm »

seeing you are fine with 5 man cap. then what is your real problem with multiboxers?
why do you think the line should be at 5 not 10 or 2 or 15 or 20 or 40? just wondering why you thought 5 would be an ok suggestion

Because you can't do 20 or 40-man raids with five people. It's an arbitrary number yes, but it would be harder to gain an unfair advantage towards non-boxers that way.

Last time I played retail I had to pay 12 euro per month for one account. 20 account would be 240 euro, not a 1000. And yes, ofc Blizzard encourages that!

240 euros is an absolutely ridiculous amount to pay for a game every single month, and for 40 chars that would be 480 euros. Only a millionaire or a complete nutjob would spend that kind of money on this game.

Multiboxers use software to be able to send keys over multiple Windows, But they do not use automatic gameplay. You still need to press each skill yourself. You can make macros to make stuff easier. For example, when I press 4 on my tank he casts shield slam and my mage has frostbolt on 4. That is still manual gameplay. Also takes quite some time to set that up. Having some sort of software run your char to lvl up fishing is something completely different. It is botting letting a computer do the job for you.

Sending every single button click to 39 others screens = automatic gameplay. You're basically botting 39 characters while only playing on one. Not to mention all the stuff that quickheal does for you (targets low health players, selects the ideal heal spell, all automatized.)

I like boxing for a different gaming experience. Botting is not really a new gaming experience, it is simply not playing.

Boxing is not a new gaming experience. It's playing on one character and having 39 other characters play automatically.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 12:24:44 am by Accurate » Logged
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2018, 12:10:09 am »

How are they not comparable? So fishing on 100 chars at the same time is no problem whatsoever, while afk-fishing on a single char for half an hour will get you banned permanently? Ridiculous!

you couldn't box fishing with 100 players just because fishing bob movement is random, I'd agree with the other points you made, however since VG already has 15x experience rates, an insane amount of herb/mining nodes, 2x professions and other shit (you can read it up on server info) this is by far not the server where you should align to what blizzard does or doesn't do.

This is a funserver, not a blizzlike server, I don't know how people can keep mistaking this.
You want blizzlike? Petition for removal of increased drop and experience rates and other stuff that shouldn't exist but is given a green card despite being completely different from what the game was back then and maybe you'll see some sanctions for multiboxing too.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 12:12:35 am by Biological / Gorgeuss » Logged

Cheers to Nopesorry for the sig
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2018, 12:24:07 am »

How are they not comparable? So fishing on 100 chars at the same time is no problem whatsoever, while afk-fishing on a single char for half an hour will get you banned permanently? Ridiculous!

you couldn't box fishing with 100 players just because fishing bob movement is random, I'd agree with the other points you made, however since VG already has 15x experience rates, an insane amount of herb/mining nodes, 2x professions and other shit (you can read it up on server info) this is by far not the server where you should align to what blizzard does or doesn't do.

This is a funserver, not a blizzlike server, I don't know how people can keep mistaking this.
You want blizzlike? Petition for removal of increased drop and experience rates and other stuff that shouldn't exist but is given a green card despite being completely different from what the game was back then and maybe you'll see some sanctions for multiboxing too.

Best reply so far tbh, thx
Tester
Plikten framfor allt
View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2018, 12:46:18 am »

i guess you never used a key broadcaster before or multiboxed either hm?
you still need to click the lure on every single one of those 100 fishing characters.(since they are on diffrent timers you cant fish on 100 chars at once with only key broadcaster) YOU CAN on the other hand have 100 bots running at the same time without any trouble. (addressed)

"its  unfair"?

If "its unfair" is something you want to get at then lets go - mob tagging, boosting your alt. grouping, using cons, ganking,  using a mains gold. etc etc (this is a straw man) and is shit.

So pro / con Boxing vs non boxer.

Pro - run more dungeons
Pro - can run raids? (i know of only a few that do it most boxers that do run zg/aq collaborate with eachother)
Pro - loot is all yours
Pro - great to grind shit with (runecloth twilight texts silithus bosses etc)

Con - time consuming as hell - setting everything up - tinkering with macros - gearing chars - planning what to go for etc etc.
Con - you need a beast computer to run x40 clients even 20 (my tabletop overheats at 6)
Con - cant fight gankers without risking a ban when traveling from and to dungeons/raids
Con - Gotta get attunes for all chars (again only a few boxers run attuned required content.)
Con - is prolly slower and more risky than that of a normal group.

If person a and boxer B would start on vg with no prior experience i would say person a could get naxx gear waaaay before Boxer B would even get close to being INSIDE naxx.

i see it as Dungeon boxing is unfair to the non boxers because they can run whatever they want whenever they want while the non boxer gotta wait for group etc with our limited player pool.
the raiding is absurd to think that its unfair. IF you want to you can do zg aq mc every lockout without being in a guild and without being geared at all (naked alt in pugs ftw)

You should be pleased that multibox pvp (its ok on blizzard servers) isnt ok because that is something that is really anoying. having 5 chars just oneshotting a target in wsg 5 aimed/bolts/ETC.

Edit: you can do onyxia 2man (paladin warlock i belive it was) or was it 3 man? only found warr hunter paladin on youtube. so 3 man onyxia.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOKlXklfzzE

The only multiboxer ive seen in naxx is our boy Furyswipes, you can ask him how long it takes to attune 40 chars ; ) and he only does zg mc and has done SOME naxx trash? how does this equate to end game epics? (i guess dagger and Msa from naxx and belt from raggy (fury warr) and tf i guess?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 01:00:49 am by Thessy » Logged

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2018, 01:04:07 am »

you still need to click the lure on every single one of those 100 fishing characters.(since they are on diffrent timers you cant fish on 100 chars at once with only key broadcaster) YOU CAN on the other hand have 100 bots running at the same time without any trouble. (addressed)

"its  unfair"?

If "its unfair" is something you want to get at then lets go - mob tagging, boosting your alt. grouping, using cons, ganking,  using a mains gold. etc etc (this is a straw man) and is shit.

So pro / con Boxing vs non boxer.

Pro - run more dungeons
Pro - can run raids? (i know of only a few that do it most boxers that do run zg/aq collaborate with eachother)
Pro - loot is all yours
Pro - great to grind shit with (runecloth twilight texts silithus bosses etc)

Con - time consuming as hell - setting everything up - tinkering with macros - gearing chars - planning what to go for etc etc.
Con - you need a beast computer to run x40 clients even 20 (my tabletop overheats at 6)
Con - cant fight gankers without risking a ban when traveling from and to dungeons/raids
Con - Gotta get attunes for all chars (again only a few boxers run attuned required content.)
Con - is prolly slower and more risky than that of a normal group.

If person a and boxer B would start on vg with no prior experience i would say person a could get naxx gear waaaay before Boxer B would even get close to being INSIDE naxx.

i see it as Dungeon boxing is unfair to the non boxers because they can run whatever they want whenever they want while the non boxer gotta wait for group etc with our limited player pool.
the raiding is absurd to think that its unfair. IF you want to you can do zg aq mc every lockout without being in a guild and without being geared at all (naked alt in pugs ftw)

You should be pleased that multibox pvp (its ok on blizzard servers) isnt ok because that is something that is really anoying. having 5 chars just oneshotting a target in wsg 5 aimed/bolts/ETC.

Edit: you can do onyxia 2man (paladin warlock i belive it was) or was it 3 man? only found warr hunter paladin on youtube. so 3 man onyxia.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOKlXklfzzE

The only multiboxer ive seen in naxx is our boy Furyswipes, you can ask him how long it takes to attune 40 chars ; )
y'all niggas arguing over multiboxing not realizing that like 3 people make up 50+ chars. Why is multiboxing even a issue if they're not pvping? Literally taking nothing away from you. If anything VG needs more multiboxing to give VG the appearance of a populated server

Tester
View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2018, 01:15:02 am »

Here's a guy who is successfully fishing with 10 characters at the same time, without botting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0SRK3l4tRk

Oh and I also like his gaming setup, pretty insane ^^
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 01:17:00 am by Atreyyo » Logged

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2018, 01:19:31 am »

Yeah Bio pointed that out already, I'm not a fishing expert. I have used a key broadcaster though.

If "its unfair" is something you want to get at then lets go - mob tagging, boosting your alt. grouping, using cons, ganking,  using a mains gold. etc etc (this is a straw man) and is shit.

How are any of these things comparable to having 39 characters play automatically? Everything you named is perfectly blizzlike except boosting your alt which I assume also means multiboxing.

Right, but boxer B could have 40 decently geared chars by the time person a got his first naxx gear on a single char. Naxx isn't everything you know...

That's true, but doesn't the exact same logic apply for people who want to raid and have to wait for raid time etc with our limited player pool?

IF you want to you can do zg aq mc every lockout without being in a guild and without being geared at all (naked alt in pugs ftw)

If you're lucky, yeah. And if you play well enough to not get kicked. But again, that applies to a SINGLE character.

I am.

y'all niggas arguing over multiboxing not realizing that like 3 people make up 50+ chars. Why is multiboxing even a issue if they're not pvping? Literally taking nothing away from you. If anything VG needs more multiboxing to give VG the appearance of a populated server

Why are you and Unspoken assuming I made this topic out of jealousy? I'm asking a genuine question which is apparently pretty hard to answer...
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 01:24:06 am by Accurate » Logged
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2018, 01:32:03 am »

Yeah Bio pointed that out already, I'm not a fishing expert. I have used a key broadcaster though.

If "its unfair" is something you want to get at then lets go - mob tagging, boosting your alt. grouping, using cons, ganking,  using a mains gold. etc etc (this is a straw man) and is shit.

How are any of these things comparable to having 39 characters play automatically? Everything you named is perfectly blizzlike except boosting your alt which I assume also means multiboxing.

Right, but boxer B could have 40 decently geared chars by the time person a got his first naxx gear on a single char. Naxx isn't everything you know...

That's true, but doesn't the exact same logic apply for people who want to raid and have to wait for raid time etc with our limited player pool?

IF you want to you can do zg aq mc every lockout without being in a guild and without being geared at all (naked alt in pugs ftw)

If you're lucky, yeah. And if you play well enough to not get kicked. But again, that applies to a SINGLE character.

I am.

Why are you and Unspoken assuming I made this topic out of jealousy? I'm asking a genuine question which is apparently pretty hard to answer...
i assume everything tbh im just an attention whore how have u not known this. One post you say it's most unblizz like thing ever, when in fact, it is blizzard like. Botting is different as you physically do not have to be there to achieve results. Afaik with multiboxing you have to physically control at least one, but with nerds now a days maybe not.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2018, 01:40:40 am »

i assume everything tbh im just an attention whore how have u not known this. One post you say it's most unblizz like thing ever, when in fact, it is blizzard like. Botting is different as you physically do not have to be there to achieve results. Afaik with multiboxing you have to physically control at least one, but with nerds now a days maybe not.

I've already debunked what you say here in my above posts. Also, please learn to SNIP quotes, Jesus fucking Christ...

If anything VG needs more multiboxing to give VG the appearance of a populated server.

btw this is a great point xD

Edit: sorry for my aggressive tone, I can't help it Cry
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 01:43:53 am by Accurate » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: