June 03, 2020, 02:19:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
147808 Posts in 17970 Topics- by 33464 Members - Latest Member: PanzerMaria
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Pucchini  (Read 5649 times)
View Profile
« on: March 09, 2018, 09:34:13 pm »

Q1. What is your main character's in-game name?
Pucchini

Q2. What is your real name?
Robert

Q3. Where in the world are you located (time zone GMT+/-)?
currently GMT+1

Q4. When are you available to work as a GM? (Be specific please: days/times)
Monday 08-22
Tuesday 08-18 (irregular exceptions)
Wednesday 08-22
Thursday 12-18
Friday 08-17
Saturday 10-18
Sunday 10-18

I'm working a regular full-time job so please bear in mind that those times are subject to my work duties.

Q5. How old are you?

Q6. How much time each day do you spend on WoW, on the forums or in-game?
Several hours. To fulfill my functions in my guild I constantly watch ingame chats, the VG and our guild's forum.

Q7. Have you played Retail? If so, for how long?
I played vanilla from the release of Zul'Gurub until several months into TBC on Blackhand-EU.

Q8. Tell us a little about yourself.
I'm a calm dude in my mid-twenties enjoying the fruits of my labor who plays this game in a competitive way. To achieve my personal goals ingame I'm constantly working for a better experience for everyone to improve the relationships among the community that drive everyone's performance.
IRL I'm working in IT battling for more rational behaviour believing that there's always room for improvement to achieve a greater goal that's yet unknown.

Q9. Have you had previous experience as a Gamemaster? If yes, please explain.
No, I've never been a gamemaster on any live server.

Q10. Explain why you think you would be a good Gamemaster.
On one hand I'm usually interacting in a calm and well-considered way. On the other hand I'm holding onto strong morale ideals and I clearly communicate when I think that someone is behaving in an inacceptable way.

Q11.What interests you most about becoming a Gamemaster ?
I want the VG experience to stay what it has been for years and maybe contribute to improving it.
Gamemasters are a part of community work and usually the last resort when there's trouble. Therefore we're key to a great ingame experience.

Q12. Do you know WHAT a Gamemaster does? Please explain.
Gamemasters should keep an eye on what's going on ingame and step in when there are boundaries violated by enforcing the server rules.
They also provide help with urgent problems that can't be fixed by a player himself or by the community.

Q13. What do you think is the most important thing a Gamemaster can do?
Community support and management.

Q14. What will you do if a Player asks you for help?
Players cannot directly ask me for help so I'll watch the world chat and the ticket queue.
When I take notice of problems I approach the affected player/the culprit with my standard line that introduces me and why I approach the player.

Q15. What will you do if you are unable to help?
I'll explain the situation and excuse myself for my limited abilities. I'll guide the player how to prevent his unfortunate situation. If the situation is known I'll reassure that the staff is aware of the problem and -if available- provide further information on the status. If the situation is unknown I'll notify further staff.

Q16. Gamemasters always use correct English spelling and grammar. Do you?
I'm German myself but capable of writing English.

Q17. If an event gets out of control, how would you how would you handle the situation?
(The questions grammar is out of control)
Depending on the circumstances I'll take appropriate means to put inappropriate behaviour to a stop. After urgent violations have been stopped I'll take further actions according to the guild rules.

Q18. Have you ever committed any act of fraud or dishonesty? If yes, please explain.
No, I've never committed any malicious actions ingame.

Q19. If you were going to submit a suggestion for us, what would it be?
Improve the community management because the players are your greatest asset.

Q20. What positive additions could you (or do you already) make to the server/Community?
I'm officer and class captain of Chaos. In those roles I provide my guild mates with every kind of support I can give to make sure that we're having a great time.
I've also been contributing addon fixes recently to adjust common addon functionality to the quirks of VG.

Q21. Professionalism, integrity, and honesty are required at all times. In what ways do these words describe you?
As mentioned above I judge myself and others by a set of strong morale beliefs. I've never really managed to express them vocally nor in written ways but I believe in honest and straight-forward behaviour that reflects one's true intentions.

Q22. Have you ever been disciplined by a Gamemaster on VanillaGaming?
No.

Q23. What can you do to help the server grow?
Nothing but making this server a greater place by helping wherever I can. The server's growth is currently limited by the surprisingly bad communication between community and staff. I hope I can try to fix that but this is limited by the willingness of the VG devs.

Q24. Is there anything else that you would like the Staff to know?
Vanilla WoW is an incredibly complex but fun and usually rewarding game. Over the years we've seen a lot of great and bad people come and go while community evolved around certain individuals that steered player groups through a lot. During all of that Zeard, Sins, Erga and probably alot of others managed this server. Unfortunately this evolution came to a stop. Let's make this server great again by showing all our good intentions in this virtual world and let's keep having fun.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 09:37:49 pm by Pucchini » Logged

https://i.imgur.com/0k94nIv.jpg
^Hi Chess, legit THC earned with the EPGP loot distribution system. Not by half-assed DKP with lootcounciled KT loot ;-)

Rogue CL of <Chaos>
chaosvg.shivtr.com
<Chaos>
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 10:11:24 pm »

+1 great guy great ethics gogo

Join the Chaos journey !

Hi Cohle - https://prnt.sc/js35ys
<Best in Slot>
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 10:55:44 pm »

[Serious question]
As much ethics go on this server there are somethings that you'll find your hands tied as a GM. Would you be able to look past your morals to perform as a GM even though it may seem unethical?
Sometimes the server truly screws a person out of an item or etc. but you can't help them due to rules. Also a lot of people play dirty and will try to get people banned/lie to get what they want and you'll see a darker side of people than you may want to. I believe that ethics and rules don't coincide and that the way this server rules go there are lots of areas that go unenforced or are just not communicated about. Things like my grey area post and the greenwhelp armor ordeal are examples of rules that are just plain unfair or not blizzlike.

Also I still think having more GM's would help but your hours coincide with GM's that are already active and it wouldn't be contributing towards the NA period of time where there are 0 GM's active and people drop the server because of the many bugs and the feeling of being unheard.

If you can take things professionally and deal with the drama that comes with it then I think you would definitely be a great addition. However I feel like highly ethical people may find that being a GM takes a toll on them and I wouldn't want you to have to compromise your ethics for a position.

+1
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 03:00:36 am »

I would say give Pucchini a chance, no reason to assume he'd flip a switch and be a bad choice.
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2018, 06:39:02 am »

Very down to earth, logical, systematic and mature player.  Adding Pucchini to the GM team would definitely be in VGs best interest.
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2018, 08:57:03 am »

Idk guys puccini is lame AF
Once I'm like yo inv me to chaos as social and he's all like
'Idk if I'm comfortable with the idea of socials'
(Still salty)

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2018, 12:26:01 pm »

Idk guys puccini is lame AF
Once I'm like yo inv me to chaos as social and he's all like
'Idk if I'm comfortable with the idea of socials'
(Still salty)
Sounds like German to me
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2018, 01:06:45 pm »

Patient guy and knows his stuff
+1
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2018, 02:10:52 pm »

+1 from me.

Former member of Gnomeography, Unique, Goldshire Golfclub, Everest.

Member of the VG research group investigating how to make VG drama free. Update: recently had some major setbacks, but we plan to have our conclusions and proposal ready by Spring 2035.
Goldshire Cheese and Fetish Club
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2018, 04:05:45 pm »

+1

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2018, 05:29:14 pm »

He is german +1

join <Le Chaos> : http://chaosvg.shivtr.com/
View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2018, 05:35:30 pm »

Reliable. Number cruncher. Performer.
Straight, upfront, positive.

+1

He is german +1

Still a very good choice. +1
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2018, 05:38:26 pm »

more seriously : Pucchini join Chaos in the middle of last summer when we were struggling and he was HUGE help for us and became very quickly officer. he is a talented coder that creates ChaosReserves, updated KTM + Bigwigs " CThun warner.
He is trustworthy and got a "cold blood" temper. I cant know anyone more able to become GM and also maybe *cough* a future developper.
VG staff don't let motivated players like  him leave
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 03:43:14 am by HoneyCocaine » Logged

join <Le Chaos> : http://chaosvg.shivtr.com/
Pro FC'ing, deal with it.
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2018, 06:16:00 pm »

Big +1

Honeycocaine described him alrdy ^
<Tauren Paladin>
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2018, 08:09:51 pm »

You forgot to answer the requirements directly, indirectly you gave all the answers however Smiley
Pucchini is a very reasonable and honest person, just like he described himself. Definelty a +1! And the staff could use his experience and reputation within the VG community.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: