December 11, 2018, 08:55:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
144674 Posts in 17462 Topics- by 30221 Members - Latest Member: R3giN47d47
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Extra Gamemasters  (Read 3636 times)
View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2018, 11:27:16 pm »

You're free to open private channels for legal stuff that doesn't fit into /world ;-)

https://i.imgur.com/0k94nIv.jpg
^Hi Chess, legit THC earned with the EPGP loot distribution system. Not by half-assed DKP with lootcounciled KT loot ;-)

Rogue CL of <Chaos>
chaosvg.shivtr.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2018, 07:08:00 am »

why, when we have game braking bugs that have been reported for years and not fixed, should "we" waste what limited manpower we have (like we have 3ish gms? and the only one i ever see answering my tickets is nela so we have basically 1 gm, who also raids,. he does have the hours in the day to deal with every little problem)  to do something that the user can do in a few keystrokes? /ignore "ramdomshitter". are you really implying that adding "JrGMs" to moderate chat is more important then fixing bugs? stop asking what your server can do for you and ask what you can do for your server.

now to attempt to pick this apart, as to why this is not simple task like you are making it out to be.
- Racism.- is the term "slav" racist? or just a means to identify some ones origin? ok now what about the word jew, or jap, paki?

- Sexism. something out of normal happens, say the nef adds spawn while in cromos room, and i way "that's gay" is this sexism? what if i said it was queer(proper use of the term)? ok so say you do something stupid and i say thats queer, using the word correctly, should we take your feelings into account because you just so happen to be gay? or go off the fact that im using the word queer in the correct way?

- Spam. at what point does the 8/20 LFM for zg with the ridiculous reserve list become spam? after an hour? after 2? and add to that, since we have a "guild recruitment" channel built into the game, at what point do you realize that your guild recruitment macros are all spam, and have a rightful place, not world chat?

these are all relative terms, and leave room for interpretation, on an online community as hugboxxy as this, having the wrong interpretation could be virtual suduku.

- Excessive use of capslock in the world chat is forbidden as it can be consider intentional and meaningless use of chat display space.
cant argue with that.

- Insulting Staff Members
same as above, AS LONG AS they are marked as so (IE: <GM> tagged) but do note, the OP that you started could be considered Insulting Staff Members, if they feel like getting insulted by what you said, once again i point out these "rules" leave alot of room for interpretation.

- Continuously and / or solely without other content insulting & harassing other players.
this too can be left for interpretation as well, how is any one really supposed to know if its harassment, or just banter if you yourself dont take some responsibility to make it stop. imo if you reply its banter, if its one sided, its harassment. if you are feeling harassed you should ignore and then file a ticket ASAP, not play along with it and bate people into saying more things, if you do this how harassed were you really?

-Speaking Foreign languages / race languages on world chat. World chat is a custom global chat feature on our server and so custom rules apply to it. English is the only language allowed to avoid flood with information accessible only by certain minority.
should go without saying, as an american as soon as i see one of you speaking something other then english in my mind you are talking shack about me, its not your fault, its just how meni of us are.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 08:06:58 am by kawaiiloli » Logged

lemon squeezy.
Goldshire Cheese and Fetish Club
View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2018, 04:08:51 pm »

They recruited many GMs before, then at least 3 were banned, and they haven't replaced them.

Two of those were NA-based GMs.

Don't punish the children for the sins of their fathers. Or in this case, unrelated people that live thousands of miles apart from one another.

VG needs more GMs, particularly at NA hours. More often than not it takes help from a benevolent random to get help with something. But if only a GM can do it and it needs to be done now, you're shit out of luck.

I know many NA players bail on the server from lack of support early on. With only one very active NA guild, it pretty much kills server activity past 0200. It would be nice for that to change so people have things to do and stick around.

As an aside, in my limited experience, Brawnzy seems like a shoe-in for GM. If he's willing to do it, it's surprising to not see the offer jumped on.

I was pointing out that we have 2 less NA-timezone GMs and they werent replaced,  which has prompted this forum thread.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2018, 02:59:06 am »

why, when we have game braking bugs that have been reported for years and not fixed, should "we" waste what limited manpower we have (like we have 3ish gms? and the only one i ever see answering my tickets is nela so we have basically 1 gm, who also raids,. he does have the hours in the day to deal with every little problem)  to do something that the user can do in a few keystrokes? /ignore "ramdomshitter". are you really implying that adding "JrGMs" to moderate chat is more important then fixing bugs? stop asking what your server can do for you and ask what you can do for your server.

now to attempt to pick this apart, as to why this is not simple task like you are making it out to be.
- Racism.- is the term "slav" racist? or just a means to identify some ones origin? ok now what about the word jew, or jap, paki?

- Sexism. something out of normal happens, say the nef adds spawn while in cromos room, and i way "that's gay" is this sexism? what if i said it was queer(proper use of the term)? ok so say you do something stupid and i say thats queer, using the word correctly, should we take your feelings into account because you just so happen to be gay? or go off the fact that im using the word queer in the correct way?

- Spam. at what point does the 8/20 LFM for zg with the ridiculous reserve list become spam? after an hour? after 2? and add to that, since we have a "guild recruitment" channel built into the game, at what point do you realize that your guild recruitment macros are all spam, and have a rightful place, not world chat?

these are all relative terms, and leave room for interpretation, on an online community as hugboxxy as this, having the wrong interpretation could be virtual suduku.

- Excessive use of capslock in the world chat is forbidden as it can be consider intentional and meaningless use of chat display space.
cant argue with that.

- Insulting Staff Members
same as above, AS LONG AS they are marked as so (IE: <GM> tagged) but do note, the OP that you started could be considered Insulting Staff Members, if they feel like getting insulted by what you said, once again i point out these "rules" leave alot of room for interpretation.

- Continuously and / or solely without other content insulting & harassing other players.
this too can be left for interpretation as well, how is any one really supposed to know if its harassment, or just banter if you yourself dont take some responsibility to make it stop. imo if you reply its banter, if its one sided, its harassment. if you are feeling harassed you should ignore and then file a ticket ASAP, not play along with it and bate people into saying more things, if you do this how harassed were you really?

-Speaking Foreign languages / race languages on world chat. World chat is a custom global chat feature on our server and so custom rules apply to it. English is the only language allowed to avoid flood with information accessible only by certain minority.
should go without saying, as an american as soon as i see one of you speaking something other then english in my mind you are talking shack about me, its not your fault, its just how meni of us are.

well put.

imo, staff need to hire someone who could fix the bugs on the server, or implement a new core, rather than get more SJW GMs to enforce the rules to warn, and then ban people joking in world. trolling, and spamming is the least of vg's worries.

even the craziest trolls that go off on everyone in world chat, which i witnessed a handful of times were the funniest. at least people get some entertaining while they play here, with all of the server's problems Cheesy
View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2018, 04:23:29 pm »

just to put my 5 pence in ive quit this server due to broken quests and it taking days to get a gm response and in those days i try to progress somewhere else hit dredded bug wall again and again no help from gms ! it got so bad that i have at least 5 quests in my log i cannot complete got tired of waiting for a gm so ive gone to another server that isnt broken to all hell doesnt have roaming gank squads who enjoy nothing more then to force you to stop playing ect ect

if extra gms are hired in and a lot of bugs fixed i may return as the people on the ally side seem really nice but right now even that cant lessen the bug problem
View Profile Email
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2018, 04:47:55 pm »

bohoo, u cant complete 5 quests and left.
I lost some 5k golds (in items worth) due to several (dozens) server rollbacks
Lost warsong and cenarion reputation dozens of times due ti DC (some 2-3k each)
got bugged dead in stonetalion after wsg some 50 times.
due to ''special''  new year honor reset (for which 10 ppl on server knows) instead getting r10 on my rogue I ended in r7 2 weeks later. deleted poor toon.
and so on ..
not to talk about pvp abusing (arcane missile and blink trough object #1)...

Buddy, my point is

This is free server, and that is why it is so shitty.
accept that and dont expect fixes any time soon, tons of buggs, but on the other hand
huge tolerance for abuse of all kind
like those fagots baned for chest of spoil after abusing it for year or more
cheers
Many things are possible (to abuse)
Tester
Plikten framfor allt
View Profile Email
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2018, 05:08:11 pm »

...ive gone to another server that isnt broken to all hell doesnt have roaming gank squads who enjoy nothing more then to force you to stop playing ect ect ...
If you believe vg is gank squad infested you are in for a treat in the other servers. Pvemonkeys always cry about ganks. Improve how you move and ez.

CarLazar crying about gold on VG and 5k at that lul.
Everyone that pvps know about the new years lul.
Having instaleave on wsg lul.

Why don't people question what's going on like "I've gone to stv and other contested zones and I go on the main roads and I keep getting ganked" -question why that is? -
No has to be ganksquads following my every move
"I've gotten the same bug 50 times" - should I investigate why?  - Nah fuck that.

Adapt you Neanderthals!

OT: Imo the VG staff is fairly small and you as a gm need to be or get used to getting a lot of abuse thrown your way.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2018, 06:51:24 pm »

Thessy for GM.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2018, 12:40:58 am »

just to put my 5 pence in ive quit this server due to broken quests and it taking days to get a gm response and in those days i try to progress somewhere else hit dredded bug wall again and again no help from gms ! it got so bad that i have at least 5 quests in my log i cannot complete got tired of waiting for a gm so ive gone to another server that isnt broken to all hell doesnt have roaming gank squads who enjoy nothing more then to force you to stop playing ect ect

if extra gms are hired in and a lot of bugs fixed i may return as the people on the ally side seem really nice but right now even that cant lessen the bug problem

sadly, youre not the only one who leaves for these reasons.
View Profile Email
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2018, 12:34:29 am »

i also like how you come on here and act all holier than thou, why dont you get your "minions"(as you called them) on a leash before pointing fingers?

lemon squeezy.
View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2018, 05:15:56 am »

i also like how you come on here and act all holier than thou, why dont you get your "minions"(as you called them) on a leash before pointing fingers?

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

the nerve of Unspoken by constantly calling me a racist, when his guild is out of control. I also got some screenies where Everest members are having chimp out moments in world.. or worse. I just never cared to post them.
View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2018, 11:35:38 pm »

Part of your GM App is ignoring you to see how you react.

Imagine how hard it is to find GMs for your emulated server when 99% of them are just children who want to abuse power?
Night Elf Hunter <Best in Slot>
View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2018, 12:15:23 am »

Part of your GM App is ignoring you to see how you react.

Imagine how hard it is to find GMs for your emulated server when 99% of them are just children who want to abuse power?

That's a good point, but it doesn't really apply when the person who applied is leader of one of the most successful guild on the server.

(sorry for fanboy :p)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: