October 19, 2018, 03:19:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
144263 Posts in 17400 Topics- by 29972 Members - Latest Member: Gmork
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm multiboxer - got ganked and fought back - Sorry!  (Read 1169 times)
View Profile Email
« on: February 13, 2018, 05:44:23 pm »

Just wanted to come forward with this... I am not here for PVP, but a rogue ganked one of my toons while i was multiboxing and i fought back. Two other players (Nouveele and Aboveminus) in Ironforge saw it and told me that was still not allowed on this server, even if i get attacked. I'm sorry! I know PVP is not allowed, I didn't realize it was still against the rules when you get attacked first. It makes sense. I just wasn't thinking. Just instinctively fough back. It won't happen again.  

My multibox character names: Dozr, Saivyr, GoodandEvil, Claralucy, Clarkatlas, Aftereden, Serpnnt, Gracemaria, Addisonalex, Persephoney. Guild - The Awakening

-Adam
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 06:14:02 pm by adamjw2 » Logged
Why do meteors always land in craters?
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 07:48:01 pm »

Is Aboveminus a new GM? Show yourself Aboveminus, are you even serious about GMing?
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 10:39:44 pm »

I think the fact that even when attacked, we aren't allowed to fight back is pretty stupid, after all it is not the multiboxer farming honor, but the person attacking the multiboxer.

30% WF uptime, 300% fun
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 11:07:33 pm »

I think the fact that even when attacked, we aren't allowed to fight back is pretty stupid, after all it is not the multiboxer farming honor, but the person attacking the multiboxer.

+1

i said it before and will say it again. just another way for people like xhampster to report u and ban u for 'abusing', when most in-game players dont read the forums nor know all the rules.

change the rules!
Sexiest Priest on VG
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 11:09:49 pm »

Being attacked without option of retaliation is a risk the multiboxers must take.

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 01:22:03 am »

Being attacked without option of retaliation is a risk the multiboxers must take.
Being killed is the risk people who attack multiboxers should take.

30% WF uptime, 300% fun
<Everest>
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 01:33:11 am »

Honest of you coming forward on this.

Changing the rule on this is a bad idea. This is a PVP server. It is really fucked up when your boxers get wrecked, But just make sure you know How to play one char to wreck the attacker back and do not forget to switch off your multibox key.

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2018, 02:32:16 am »

Changing the rule on this is a bad idea. This is a PVP server. It is really fucked up when your boxers get wrecked, But just make sure you know How to play one char to wreck the attacker back and do not forget to switch off your multibox key.
The clause in the rule that states we are allowed to fight back with one character is only there to make it seem like a fair fight takes place, when in reality it offers no real protection to multiboxers. Sure, you can fight back with a character, but chances are, if you are multiboxing that character is on a different screen you are using (unless you choose to fight back with your main tank in which case you are fucked anyways) is on a smaller screen so u can't really see shit like casts clearly, has different keybinds than usually, with things like follow macros and single button dps macros occupying the bars, addons are likely also set up for multiboxing pve and not pvp. It is ludicrous to say that a multiboxer clicking his Gouge from his spellbook has any chance when fighting back.

30% WF uptime, 300% fun
Night Elf Hunter <Best in Slot>
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2018, 04:00:33 am »

The clause in the rule that states we are allowed to fight back with one character is only there to make it seem like a fair fight takes place, when in reality it offers no real protection to multiboxers. Sure, you can fight back with a character, but chances are, if you are multiboxing that character is on a different screen you are using (unless you choose to fight back with your main tank in which case you are fucked anyways) is on a smaller screen so u can't really see shit like casts clearly, has different keybinds than usually, with things like follow macros and single button dps macros occupying the bars, addons are likely also set up for multiboxing pve and not pvp. It is ludicrous to say that a multiboxer clicking his Gouge from his spellbook has any chance when fighting back.

Making a few keybinds and switching to full-screen shouldn't be too difficult
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2018, 06:49:38 pm »

ironically, you're explaining this to someone who wants to buy a new PC for 40 multiboxers.
View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2018, 08:15:52 pm »

ironically, you're explaining this to someone who wants to buy a new PC for 40 multiboxers.
He isn't the one who made the rule though.

30% WF uptime, 300% fun
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: