September 26, 2020, 10:45:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
148243 Posts in 18020 Topics- by 33727 Members - Latest Member: Stevenstino
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Brawnzy's GM app  (Read 10845 times)
<Best in Slot>
View Profile
« on: January 29, 2018, 07:44:31 pm »

I literally had to retype everything because the database issues but it's finally all here so enjoy.

R1: I have been a member for 1 year or more for GMs. 1 month or more for Testers.
Been on the server over 2 years.

R2: I am 18 years old or more.
I'm 23 almost 24

R3: I can be online at least 3 hours a day.
Yes

R4: You must have any kind of facebook in order to join VG staff group for proper and thorough staff communication
I don't live under a rock. So yea I have a facebook although you guys should think about making a Discord server (it's free! and better!)

Q1. What is your main character's in-game name?
Brawnzy

Q2. What is your real name?
Jesse

Q3. Where in the world are you located (time zone GMT+/-)?
California (UTC-7 PDT)

Q4. When are you available to work as a GM? (Be specific please: days/times)
Pretty much every day around evening times. 8-11pm on weekdays and any time on weekends really (besides raid times! which are 4:30-8pm my time)

Q5. How old are you?

Q6. How much time each day do you spend on WoW, on the forums or in-game?
5ish hours

Q7. Have you played Retail? If so, for how long?
Yea I played up to Legion but after Cataclysm I only played occasionally when a new expansion came out(because mists and up started to get worse). Legion was kinda fun though.

Q8. Tell us a little about yourself.
I am a software engineer and am currently making an app for a farming company. I play league of laggends as well.

Q9. Have you had previous experience as a Gamemaster? If yes, please explain.
A long time ago maybe I was 13? My dad figured out how to run a private server and I would always mess around with the GM commands and fly around. It was a fun experience.

Q10. Explain why you think you would be a good Gamemaster.
I feel like the most important qualities of a GM are as follows: Ethical, Friendly, and Helpful. In all my pugs on vg I consistently stick to my rules so players don't feel cheated out of anything. I'm friendly with all the guilds on the server and I give every person a fair chance when I first meet them and treat everyone properly with respect. I've been playing on VG over 2 years now and my knowledge/experience with all the bugs will allow me to help anyone who has an issue.

Q11.What interests you most about becoming a Gamemaster ?
NA currently has no GM and is usually screwed over whenever something goes wrong. I can't tell you how many runs I've done where my raid gets combat bugged and I report it to get mail the next day saying just to alt-f4 (which doesn't always work when there is a mob constantly combat bugging you as soon as you come back online and the mob is under the world and unreachable) I feel the biggest reason that NA population is the lowest on the server is because there aren't any NA GM's to help people at those times.

Q12. Do you know WHAT a Gamemaster does? Please explain.
A Gamemaster is someone who is knowledgeable and has a powerful set of tools to help players experience the game as smoothly as possible. You wouldn't want to give those tools to a troll as well as someone who is inexperienced because they wouldn't know how to help players. Gamemasters have a queue of tickets which the better the Gamemaster's ability to troubleshoot the tickets the smoother the players experience will be without the frustration of sitting around for hours with no response.

Q13. What do you think the most important thing a Gamemaster can do?
Be polite, courteous, repsectful and don't ignore. Gamemasters should be friendly and helpful. If you don't know how to handle a situation or if it is a questionable issue you should just be open and honest with the player and people will usually respect you for it.

Q14. What will you do if a Player asks you for help?
Help them of course! Depending on what it is they want help with. If their raid is combat bugged or a million slimes are being spawned or a gate is stuck shut or etc... I'll help them fix the bugs preventing them from experiencing the game. If they have general questions then I'll answer them to the best of my ability and try to give them tips to try and avoid their issue in the future.

Q15. What will you do if you are unable to help?
So if there is a real bug that I'm unable to provide assistance to a player then I would try to replicate and test the bug and log it to be fixed at some point soon. If there is a language barrier I'll do my best to still help using tools (maybe google translate) and maybe try to contact another GM that speaks their language. Finally if I can't figure something out or just don't know what to do I'd contact more experienced GM's on how to handle the situation and be honest with the player about the difficulty of their problem and that we are on the case and try to suggest ways to avoid the problem in the meantime.

Q16. Gamemasters always use correct English spelling and grammar. Do you?
gAmemAsTers aLwAYs usE cOrreCt gRammAr... ahhh I'm just kidding. I always hated english class but I can write eloquently enough as long as I don't need to have any sub contextual meaning to my writings. I also usually reread what I type to make sure there are no mistakes.

Q17. If an event gets out of control, how would you handle the situation?
Call 911 and tell them VG is baby raging. But seriously I would do my best to diffuse the situation without any punishments (except punishments where completely necessary). VG's population is still pretty low but it's getting better and outright punishing people for a rare out of control situation may lead to lowering it. This question is pretty broad but if we use the example of the forum shitstorm that happened recently my best advice would be to respond. Coordinate with other GM's on what the issues are and look at the evidence objectively. Then come out with a well thought out statement and explain the reasoning behind it. No one can properly argue against that unless you're outrageously unethical with your response. This server needs clarity on issues.

Q18. Have you ever committed any act of fraud or dishonesty? If yes, please explain.
I pretended to be Erlocha once when ezpz was chasing my mage on his horde lock thinking I was Morgana. I did it so he'd stop chasing me and let me fish in peace >.< I did however tell him eventually and both of them are in my guild.

Q19. If you were going to submit a suggestion for us, what would it be?
Fix Gothik, Taerar, Patchwork's attack speed, combat bugs, don't let the server shut down for over 4 hours, don't let Nef's ghost stay alive after he's been defeated, don't let nef fly away for some reason if he walks over a skull in his room..... oh you said A suggestion... woops well I guess A suggestion I have would be to announce when the daily server restart happens about 5-10 min beforehand. It's easy to forget when exactly it's going to happen and that'll help people prepare for it.

Q20. What positive additions could you (ord do you already) make to the server/Community?
I run one of the only 2 raiding NA guilds on the server. I kept it going through the mass exodus of big guilds last year and somehow got it to where it is now(with my officers and core guildies help of course!). I believe that by keeping my guild alive and continuing to lead raids and pugs that I helped keep a significantly large amount of players on the server as well as old players who are coming back every now and then. I pug MC every Saturday at 19:00 ST and it's always first come first server (even if you have 0 gear). I sometimes pug BWL and Ony as well. My raids are all very new player friendly and as long as they listen to me about the major things (not pulling imps, pulling too many packs of respawning dogs, or ninja'ing tier 1 boe's/lootchest) I don't have any issues.

Q21. Professionalism, integrity and honesty are required at all times. In what ways do these words describe you?
Professionalism: I work as a software engineer and write programs for businesses. I know how to maintain an image and how to be courteous with people. I will treat everyone with respect no matter what quarrels they may have with me or I have with them.
Integrity: I feel like an in-game example of my integrity would be from my MC pugs. Every week I have the same rules to protect players from feeling cheated from items that they deserve just as much as anyone else. I let people know beforehand what is reserved so they know what they are getting into and I never push the boundaries of what I have the powers to do as a raid leader. I've accidentally mislooted once in all of my MC's and thats because of a specifc addon which I desperately need to keep using (WIM otherwise I'd never be able to respond to anyone properly). I felt so bad that I ended up giving him the choice between gold or some boe epic tier 1 pieces I've had left over from other raids.
Honesty: I think honesty is integrated a lot with integrity. I'm always honest with people. I belive that if I'm honest with people that they are more likely to be honest with me. My guildmates will usually let me know if they have made a mistake because they know how much I value their honesty. I have punishments in place that I usually go way below the expected punishment if they just come clean and I think it keeps us moving as a guild. There are a few people in my guild who've had major beef with eachother in the past and they all seem to get along fine in BiS and I think the environment I try to foster has some impact on that.

Q22. Have you ever been diciplined by a Gamemaster on VanillaGaming?
No, all my personal interactions with Gamemasters have been delightful and positive unless there is no interaction.(no response)

Q23. What can you do to help the server grow?
I believe that growth isn't the current issue with VG, it's retention of new players. My guild, although we are at the very end of content, provides a friendly atmosphere for new players to learn about the in's and out's of the server and help them run level 60 dungeons and get geared enough to start raiding with us. A lot of my guildmates are experienced and helpful as well and will usually give away their own hard earned materials/items for free to new people without any expectations of getting anything in return. This keeps new players interested in returning to play with our guild and continue running pugs with our guildies and finally raiding Naxx with us when they are ready. If they have no desire to do naxx then they can continue to be a social in our guild and play with us when the feel like it. I also believe that having an NA GM will help keep those new players on the server when they feel like they are being heard when they make a report at NA times.

Q24. Is there anything else that you would like the Staff to know?
I know that I have been a thorn in your side lately and this app might make it seem even more so but I just want to help improve the server. I've spent a good amount of my time playing on this server and I don't want to see it start to slide down the tubes. As a software engineer I can see the issues and it frustrates me to no end when I see well explained and elaborated posts on bugs that players spent time out of their day to test thoroughly just to go ignored for 3 years or more. It's not helping the server, it's not keeping players interested, and it's not fair to the person who worked really hard on the bug report.

Every time I check the VG site and see the rotating slides on the first screen I chuckle a little bit because it doesn't describe the current state of the server and I wish I was a part of this server back when it was.

Blizzlike
To be and to work to be completely blizzlike with no expections is a driving philosophy for all our devs and staff members. As history has proven, Vanillagamings accomplishments on this path are alike to none; many vanilla aspects first introduced on the vanilla scene thorough the years.

Active Development
Our goal has always been to provide quality fixes, updates and attention to the reports and contributions of our players to the finest blizzlike detail with full validation and verification of the blizzlike correspondance of the sources

First of all the spelling mistakes in this. "no expections" I assume exceptions which it seems like there's a lot on this server. Also "thorough the years" and "correspondance". Three spelling errors on the FRONT PAGE for the oldest Vanilla privates server there is!

Second these values aren't apparent in the recent way things have been handled. Zeard hasn't been online since November of last year and I haven't had any response on my posts for the Grey areas that we all want to know about. Bugs go untouched for years even after someone spent a lot of effort going into detail what is wrong with evidence that it is wrong. These bugs aren't blizzlike and they aren't actively being fixed.

Finally I just want to say one more time that I care about the server and want to help make it better. I don't care about these things in the past I just want to move forward and improve instead of letting it slide into the "maintain but not improve" side of things. When you stop trying to improve the server it's obvious to the players and you start to lose your population.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 12:55:49 am by Brawnzy » Logged
<Unison>
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 07:55:32 pm »

VG needs a US timezone GM, +1!
<Best in Slot>
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 07:59:29 pm »

If i try to post anything past question 8 i get database errors >.< and there are 0 reasons why I should be getting any
<Best in Slot>
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 09:15:19 pm »

I literally had to retype everything to get it to finally work. In the future never write something in another text editor and try to copy it over otherwise it'll just keep throwing database errors.
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 10:03:29 pm »

thats all fine, but what would u do if u thought a player double spawned rend but u werent sure and had no proof?

<Best in Slot>
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 10:51:42 pm »

thats all fine, but what would u do if u thought a player double spawned rend but u werent sure and had no proof?

My goal was to not call anyone specifically out. There's a lot wrong and everyone is a bit responsible. However in that specific case I believe that someone should be considered innocent till proven guilty. If there isn't any evidence I wouldn't ban them until there was. However as stated in a post that they had evidence that they weren't providing so maybe he did do it and is playing dumb for outrage/not getting banned sake. I just wish they'd reveal what they had so we can know for sure.
)
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2018, 11:04:18 pm »

)
<Chaos>
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2018, 11:47:28 pm »

++

Join the Chaos journey !

Hi Cohle - https://prnt.sc/js35ys
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2018, 11:55:08 pm »

+1 considering he'll help the folks over the big pond. He also kinda deescalated the situation efficiently  when Bremius and I barked at each other :-)

https://i.imgur.com/0k94nIv.jpg
^Hi Chess, legit THC earned with the EPGP loot distribution system. Not by half-assed DKP with lootcounciled KT loot ;-)

Rogue CL of <Chaos>
chaosvg.shivtr.com
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2018, 12:39:57 am »

+1
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2018, 12:43:57 am »

+1 very calm and collected person, knows alot about vanilla and has spent alot of time on VG. He is a very responsible person and would deffinately help the server prosper. Deffinately are in need of some more GM's for monitoring and helping with issues in game, especially NA GM's and i believe Brawnzy would be a very good choice.
View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2018, 01:03:55 am »

+1
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2018, 01:11:33 am »

My goal was to not call anyone specifically out. There's a lot wrong and everyone is a bit responsible. However in that specific case I believe that someone should be considered innocent till proven guilty. If there isn't any evidence I wouldn't ban them until there was. However as stated in a post that they had evidence that they weren't providing so maybe he did do it and is playing dumb for outrage/not getting banned sake. I just wish they'd reveal what they had so we can know for sure.

+++
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2018, 01:29:47 am »

+1 : very Nice dude and serious / mature.

But If he gets TF then SERV is corrupt

Former member of Gnomeography, Unique, Goldshire Golfclub, Everest.

Member of the VG research group investigating how to make VG drama free. Update: recently had some major setbacks, but we plan to have our conclusions and proposal ready by Spring 2035.
Tester
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2018, 02:00:29 am »

+1 so you can be the one to unban my accounts

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: