December 15, 2018, 06:13:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
144696 Posts in 17465 Topics- by 30228 Members - Latest Member: chivikoko
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Prot PvP Guide [Vanilla]  (Read 1089 times)
Respect.
View Profile Email
« on: December 12, 2017, 07:58:37 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJH-XAMCHqY

Now you know why I switched to Tank in Chaos

<Americas Most Wanted>
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 10:48:19 am »

So all I have to do to be a badass prot-pvper is to get 7/8 T3?

Hold my flask...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 04:54:52 pm »

I loled a bit at this "retro-wow" tester

Not having 5 points in Tactical Mastery and not having Anger management will make you basicly alsmost out of rage everytime you change stance. You will lose a lot of possibilty with the "specific stance" spell like Charge, overpower, intercept, whirlwind,  Shield bash etc.... His demo is not very convincing also because  he is even using a slow weapon as the Castigator. Good luck having rage with such weapon, especially in PVP when you are basicly kitted by almost every classes

Might be an other "rogue-killer" spec for sure, but for other class you might just running like an headless chicken with a lot HP.

And ye, those retro-wow players... "yeah go almost full t3 and get Sapph trinket and you are fine" or better "I see a lot of people struggling doing more than1600 MS with Might of Menethil". Hmm, maybe it's nice to remind that on VG like 10 people got the sapph trinket and 5 people got MoM. His spec is not something viable if you need such items to deal any damages.

I dont have that Sapph trinket but you usually deal something like 800-1k damage with criting shield slam and it's more like something around 600 damage. I got one 1400 damage with all buffs possible and I agree I had wet dreams about it but it's kinda super rare. So telling people you usually do 2k damage with shield slam is BS imo.

Ps : The trinket got an animation similar to Shield wall making super obvious too anyway that you are using it. Pretty much like Retaliation you will alarmed everyone around.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 07:48:58 pm by HoneyCocaine » Logged

join <Le Chaos> : http://chaosvg.shivtr.com/
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 03:15:24 am »

^ ^ Blublubju bluh
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 08:00:59 am »

I would like to add, my personal view on the Strat 45 minute run, and on dungeons. I made some experiments, and while multiboxing, in Dire Maul I simply couldn't tank a fire mage. A pre-raid bis warrior tank, wasn't enough to tank a pre-raid bis fire mage. And the mage had fire spec, and talent points in it, so the generated threat was reduced by 30%.
One way to go faster in Stratholme, to have a chill run, would mean to bring rogues and hunters. Because they simply don't have to drink, only the healer has to drink, but he can use mana potions, so the drinking time is cut down. The other way is to increase the dps, but after a while, a mage can go frost, but in T1, T2, T3, after a while it will become impossible to tank it. But why, because there isn't enough rage, in raids, the warrior tank can tank them, because it takes way more damage, and it has full rage. In 5 mans I couldn't sunder armor all the time it was off cooldown. So one solution is to bring a stronger tank, but the point would be not that it has T3 gear, the point is that it has a higher dps weapon. And it will generate more rage. The tank could go in gear that has strength on it, just like druids, but the point is not that it will generate more threat through the damage, the point is that it will have more rage. He could ignore having just defense gear, and he could ignore being defense capped. The healer would have to heal more, but that would make it possible to bring higher dps people in the dungeon. The tank could be hit capped, why not, and to have strength on lots of gear pieces, to bring a 70 dps sword from Naxxramas, don't give that just to rogues. But to be protection specced, he could just have some fury style gear. This could make running Stratholme faster, in my view, not just paladins with blessing of salvation.
This is my personal view, my philosophy, on the Strat 45 min run.
So, basically my opinion is, that a tank, in leather gear, in 5 mans, could generate more threat. And it would be possible, to find a fine line, where the tank, obviously would need more healing in leather gear, but it would become possible to bring very high dps people in the dungeon, because the tank would be able to generate enough threat, and the 45 min Strat run would become a bliss.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: