April 21, 2019, 08:43:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
145660 Posts in 17617 Topics- by 31002 Members - Latest Member: klausder
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Spike LAGS AQ40  (Read 3192 times)
View Profile
« on: November 22, 2017, 11:21:29 pm »

Hello GM's and community,

Since recently and some other friends on the server are experiencing huge spike lags. Especially on our AQ40 raids. My latency is often just on 10-30ms, but my screens freeze. My internet speed is ok and my CPU is ok. This goes for many guildies in Everest and it effects the same players every week.

Any other guilds experiencing the same problem / do the GM's maybe have a clue on what's happening as it seems server related.

Cheers if someone comes with a solution, cuz it's making raiding nearly impossible. Never had this issue before on VG.

Former member of Gnomeography, Unique, Goldshire Golfclub, Everest.

Member of the VG research group investigating how to make VG drama free. Update: recently had some major setbacks, but we plan to have our conclusions and proposal ready by Spring 2035.
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 11:46:04 pm »

Never encountered it in AQ40 myself or heard of during raid times I was part of.

Well, today no other guild reported any issues with latency at least. Could it be related with your multiboxing scripts or discord for raid time talking? Kinda weird questions but there's nothing else beside them I have on my mind right now.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 11:56:50 pm »

I already wrote with wingedhussar in game for this problems, but i will confirm what i told to him here ( it's pretty same what unspoken wrote). Btw lag disappears when raid went over and group disband. Otherwise, i had like 40 minutes wich my latency skip between 600 to 2000.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 12:04:02 am »

Never encountered it in AQ40 myself or heard of during raid times I was part of.

Well, today no other guild reported any issues with latency at least. Could it be related with your multiboxing scripts or discord for raid time talking? Kinda weird questions but there's nothing else beside them I have on my mind right now.

actually, this most likely has to do with server population which grew Quite a bit Since the announcement of Vanilla wow Classic. I have been lagging quite a bit like never before just walking around in a city without even being in a group nor a raid. Other people complain about the same issue in world Chat. This is When there's around 250 Alliance players online. Times that by two=500 Players online total.

So this is either a hardware issue, Which needs an upgrade, or a core issue (the script used to run vg) which needs switching. Or maybe a server issue, Which needs a faster connection??

Either way.. The only lag I've ever experienced before the population grew, Is I would get Complete freezes of my screen For 10-30 secs while PvPing.
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 12:28:58 am »

This sounds really weird to me. No one in Chaos has experienced anything like this within the last weeks as far as I know, so I actually doubt this is related to the server.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 12:31:14 am »

Im 100% sure it has something to do with the server. Im not using Discord on my computer But on my phone. I experience it without boxing aswell. And Im  not experiencing it on WoW clients when I run another server. It seems to only happen at peak times. And Wingedhussar, Pepethekek is adressing the same issue, as are more people in world. Its not like non existent.

Also, I find it strange that like 10-15 people experience the Problem in our raids, from different countries. Nobody seems to have internet problems or pc problems.

Member of the VG research group investigating how to make VG drama free. Update: recently had some major setbacks, but we plan to have our conclusions and proposal ready by Spring 2035.
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2017, 12:36:42 am »

Adding to that, I dont experience it on any other moment throughout the week. Often Monday is fine, and also sunday morning is fine (Im even playing 20 boxers then). On wednesday it always seems troublish. (Between 20:00 - 22:30 server time) we had No issues on start of raid But towards end spikes started.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2017, 01:32:59 am »

Some players in BiS, including myself, experienced a similar lag spike towards the end of our raid last night. Might have been around 5 ST, not sure. Didn't look like anyone was disconnecting or crashing, which would have lead me to believe it was the Halloween candy issue. But instead it was just people lagging out in game, chat not moving, unable to cast abilities etc.

Everyone was talking fine in teamspeak and only maybe 10 or so people were experiencing this weird spike. My ms is normally around 120 but it shot up to around 800 for a few minutes. When I was finally able to hearth back to IF the latency was still high.

For clarification, we were at Ony, not aq40 actually. Not sure if that changes anything.

#FreeSorono
#FreeTheNuld
Smoq for GM #MakePvpGreatAgain
Tester
<Chaos>
View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2017, 03:22:27 am »

To a lesser extent I experienced the same during the raids with Everest & Unspoken.
It might be related to candies, but that's just a wild guess.
With people having candies active, we are experiencing the usual wow crashes in tunnel / visci.
With people having no candies active (but maybe in bags ?), we experience what was described.

As Lilli said, I didn't experienced what with Chaos, but we don't run AQ40 that often, so the sample is quite small.

Either way, for me, it ALWAYS happens in AQ40. Never somewhere else.

Join the Chaos journey !

Hi Cohle - https://prnt.sc/js35ys
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2017, 10:19:12 am »

Let me confirm also! i have lagg spike in last 3 days in wsg, i asked ppl in wsg they also had same problem.

If u dont mind, Ask Z nd check the host, im sure meni ppl had this problem, + for unspoken finally some one made topic.. i thought i had problem with my net, but my net speed is 40mbs and 12 ms ..

KurPrst
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2017, 10:25:00 am »

Not sure whats going on atm, but while back (2y+) when i was playing couple of aq40 raids on my laptop I had lags, but I am 99% sure it was cuz of poor machine performance (CPU). Not entire aq40, but somewhere between sartura and trio bug.

But, I had lags for around 3 mins in ZG last night and laged out of wsg once yesterday
Assistant Administrator
Hail Caesar
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2017, 10:30:03 am »

Just to be sure... Do you play with smallest viewing distance in the graphics settings?
Also, the classic wow client has only one single cpu thread. Are you sure that there is no singlecore performance bottleneck?

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2017, 10:48:14 am »

Collect some details:

CPU Cores: 4
CPU Speed: 3500 Mhz

Internet Provider: Deutsche Telekom
Bandwidth: 50.000 Kbps
Average Latency (ingame, where): 21ms (idling in Orgrimmar, Naxxramas)
Max Latency: 24ms

I always play with minimum terrain distance in raids.
I didn't experience any lagspikes in the past weeks in horde raids.
Chaos may be able to test in AQ40 again tonight.

https://i.imgur.com/0k94nIv.jpg
^Hi Chess, legit THC earned with the EPGP loot distribution system. Not by half-assed DKP with lootcounciled KT loot ;-)

Rogue CL of <Chaos>
chaosvg.shivtr.com
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2017, 10:53:54 am »

Just to be sure... Do you play with smallest viewing distance in the graphics settings?
Also, the classic wow client has only one single cpu thread. Are you sure that there is no singlecore performance bottleneck?

I play with minimum settings always, because of the problem everyone can experience in Naxx and Stratholme. But thats a different experience, thats complete freezes for like 20 seconds. The problem I experience now is like I really just have lags. The thing is it always starts on exactly the same moment as for other players, and when I call out the lags on Discord the other people have them at exactly the same moment. It would be strange If that was a CPU issue happening to everyone on exactly the same time. Once again, this has never ever happened to me on VG, because in the last 3 years server was always stable to me as it is still for most days / raids for me.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2017, 11:37:44 am »

I had to lol at half of these forum warriors who cant even distinguish pc lag from internet lag

Cheers to Nopesorry for the sig
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: