November 23, 2017, 08:38:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
138966 Posts in 16745 Topics- by 28127 Members - Latest Member: knepo
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to help give VG the population it deserves.  (Read 784 times)
View Profile
« on: October 17, 2017, 04:23:04 pm »

What makes VG by far the best 1.12.1 server is the fact that it has been up for over 7 years and never had any stability issues or downtime whatsoever. In my opinion, this is VG's key feature and this is the main thing that needs to be used in advertisements. Remember when Nostalrius went down after like a year? This is how it usually goes with these vanilla servers, lots of people play on them and eventually they're taken down and people are forced to quit. Not VG though!

Some things that absolutely need to be fixed as fast as possible if we want to attract new players are:

- Registering a new forum account is impossible (at least for me it is), this is obviously discouraging to newcomers.
- People are automatically assigned to the VanillaGaming PTR realm. I'd say most people don't know what PTR stands for (I didn't when I started playing here) and get discouraged when they notice there's only like 3 people online on the entire realm. To me it's common sense that you should automatically be assigned to the main realm, and the name needs to be changed from "VanillaGaming PTR" to "Public Testing Realm (New Core)".

Some other things that would make the server more attractive to newcomers, but have a lower priority:

- When you create a new character, you should receive some basic information and FAQ, like the fact that you can join the world chat by typing /join world, change experience rates by typing .setxrate [1-15] and use the VG database to calculate talent trees and look up NPCs and items.
- People should be able to see how many players are only and what raids are being done at what times, since the server seems to be pretty dead sometimes even when it's not.

We as players can also help, by talking to new players and helping them with leveling and by answering questions.

I hope Zeard will take this feedback into consideration. Let's hope VG will finally get the population it deserves. Thanks for reading!
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 05:23:57 pm »

im only here cuz its 15x, and thats how i like it. anyone wanting 1x on a private server that can be taken down permanently at n e time needs their brain examined.

-make drop rates higher (i think theyre 2-3x now) to at least 10-12x
-make PvP gear easier to attain
-even profs i think should be easier to lvl

this is a 15x server. why is everything else outside of lvling almost the same? we should have everything in game-PvE and PvP easier to get. I played on WoWcrack (Wowscape's 12x server) which is now dead, and everything was like this. we had lots of World PvP because we raided dungeons (was still challenging), got gear, and then went out to PvP in cities.

I also made this suggestion and its relevant https://vanillagaming.org/forum/index.php?topic=21558.0

VG needs to offer different gameplays and not like every other 1x server. otherwise, its all the same crap everywhere you go.
The Queen of <Unique>
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 05:44:30 pm »

this is a 15x server. why is everything else outside of lvling almost the same? we should have everything in game-PvE and PvP easier to get. I played on WoWcrack (Wowscape's 12x server) which is now dead, and everything was like this. we had lots of World PvP because we raided dungeons (was still challenging), got gear, and then went out to PvP in cities.

Ok, lets look at your question more carefully:
this is a 15x server. why is everything else outside of lvling almost the same? we should have everything in game-PvE and PvP easier to get.

You had the answer to your question in your next sentence:

I played on WoWcrack (Wowscape's 12x server) which is now dead, and everything was like this. we had lots of World PvP because we raided dungeons (was still challenging), got gear, and then went out to PvP in cities.

I also made this suggestion and its relevant https://vanillagaming.org/forum/index.php?topic=21558.0
The answer was in your own post. Furthermore, from what you wrote, I can assume the realm wasn't challenging, while people want to put some effort.

Crafting center
Collection of hunters bug reports
"I still see entire server as one community" - Mimma 2015
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 05:45:21 pm »

the staff has made it very clear they do not care about the population at all, and would rather uphold their imaginary sense of integrity on this illegal private server that peaks at like 500 people and has no progression at all

get 60 get carried quit rinse repeat
Lol Freezing Band on a warrior!
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 06:10:22 pm »

Those are easy enough to obtain. Profs can be max skilled in few hrs and that imo is ez enough. No need to worry i make guide for u.Idk if ur horde or alliance player......if PvP is too hard on horde then u just got to PvP more and get better at it or u can take the easy way out and do some PvE / PvP on alliance. So much easier on alliance to obtain gear (both PvE and PvP). Easy Mode R14 any class just attack / heal few ppl + no gear/skills needed(works only on alliance). Keep queueing even at raid times for max honor (most alliance will alt f4 / afk from bg even for random MC. No way they are missing guild runs! )Always helps to have 1 more alliance player queueing bgs and keeping them active. Dont waste chance bro.
If ur alliance and want it to be made easier then ROFLMAO.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 06:31:42 pm by Deathblaze » Logged

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 06:20:14 pm »

the staff has made it very clear they do not care about the population at all, and would rather uphold their imaginary sense of integrity on this illegal private server that peaks at like 500 people and has no progression at all

You're saying that the goal of the game on VG is to reach level 60 and get the best gear possible? How very shocking!

VG has had a ton of progression over the years. Since I quit raiding in 2012, everything has changed: scripts have improved and will do so even more, Naxx wings have opened! At the moment there's not a single guild on the server that can down Kel'Thuzad, so that should actually be a very real and very challenging goal for the players.
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2017, 06:54:33 pm »

you're high. at peak times we got 200, 300 MAX. i never seen it go beyond that.
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2017, 06:57:51 pm »

Those are easy enough to obtain. Profs can be max skilled in few hrs and that imo is ez enough. No need to worry i make guide for u.Idk if ur horde or alliance player......if PvP is too hard on horde then u just got to PvP more and get better at it or u can take the easy way out and do some PvE / PvP on alliance. So much easier on alliance to obtain gear (both PvE and PvP). Easy Mode R14 any class just attack / heal few ppl + no gear/skills needed(works only on alliance). Keep queueing even at raid times for max honor (most alliance will alt f4 / afk from bg even for random MC. No way they are missing guild runs! )Always helps to have 1 more alliance player queueing bgs and keeping them active. Dont waste chance bro.
If ur alliance and want it to be made easier then ROFLMAO.

you're also high. Alliance lose 70-80% of BGs, and I'm being generous, which makes PvP gearing extremely difficult since we get 3x less points per BG. if we win, it's nearly a miracle. and you're Horde. no wonder. you're like a black person laughing at whites telling us what it's like to be white. plz keep playing on your faction and dont tell us how its like for Alliance cuz you have no experience here, and sound like a clueless ignoramus.
Assistant Administrator
Hail Caesar
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2017, 08:40:42 pm »

- I like the ideas of the OP, I'll ask the boss what we can do.

What I've also seen in this thread and what I can answer:
- profs are 2x already afaik
- losing BG's does not make your ranking progress slower, as players only compete with their own faction

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2017, 09:12:09 pm »

- losing BG's does not make your ranking progress slower, as players only compete with their own faction

2x is too low for a 15x server, just like drop rates imo..
then what is the point of even having BG tokens and turning them in? you make it sound like they completely useless and it doesn't matter if you win or lose a BG...
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2017, 09:49:33 am »

im only here cuz its 15x, and thats how i like it. anyone wanting 1x on a private server that can be taken down permanently at n e time needs their brain examined.

VG needs to offer different gameplays and not like every other 1x server. otherwise, its all the same crap everywhere you go.

- no 1x server
- no increased drop rate or easier something (if shit gets too easy to get, you'll just leave sooner - didn't you learn nothing with retail?)

if you "crying" in the forums of a game, that game is not for you or you would be there...in the game...playing it instead.
Assistant Administrator
Hail Caesar
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2017, 10:31:17 am »

2x is too low for a 15x server, just like drop rates imo..
then what is the point of even having BG tokens and turning them in? you make it sound like they completely useless and it doesn't matter if you win or lose a BG...

BG marks also increase your reputation with the specific BG faction. I dont recall if giving them in at the honor quests also rewards honor, but if it did, you'd have to do that too (to dont fall behind your factions mates that gain honor from giving them in).

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2017, 02:00:05 pm »

BG marks also increase your reputation with the specific BG faction. I dont recall if giving them in at the honor quests also rewards honor, but if it did, you'd have to do that too (to dont fall behind your factions mates that gain honor from giving them in).

Returning the quest also gives 398 honor. Though id recommend hoarding a bunch of them in your mailbox for the final push from R13-R14 to make it less stressful.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2017, 03:58:11 pm »

you're also high. Alliance lose 70-80% of BGs, and I'm being generous, which makes PvP gearing extremely difficult since we get 3x less points per BG. if we win, it's nearly a miracle. and you're Horde. no wonder. you're like a black person laughing at whites telling us what it's like to be white. plz keep playing on your faction and dont tell us how its like for Alliance cuz you have no experience here, and sound like a clueless ignoramus.

http://vanillagaming.org/forum/index.php?topic=18812.0

Don't insult people and call them out when you don't even understand how the honor system works in vanilla. It doesn't even matter if alliance loses all the time. The amount of honor you earn determines your standing within your faction (i.e. Player 1 gets 100k honor, Player 2 gets 80k honor, Player 3 gets 50k honor - Player 1 will receive Standing 1, Player 2 will receive Standing 2 etc.) and you get X amount of "Rank Points" based on your standing. Each rank requires a certain amount of "Rank Points."

I play on alliance so by your logic I'm allowed to tell you what its like for alliance cuz I have experience here. Getting pvp gear in vanilla isn't that difficult. You don't even have to win games, you just need time. The population being low on vg makes it even easier imo because you aren't fighting against as many people for standing and you know when bgs are popping and when they aren't. Literally all you have to do is join wsg.

Back on topic:
Not sure if you can say vg "deserves" higher population. There are a lot of contributing factors to point towards otherwise. Most vanilla players want a blizzlike experience. Which means x1 experience, no cash shop for gear, no vote shop, normalized drop rates, proper progression. Not all, but notice how many people play on Elysium versus other vanilla servers? Trying to add even more unblizzlike aspects is just moving further away from what the majority of players want. That's not a great marketing strategy.

Furthermore, the devs can't even fix 7 year old bugs. Personally, I would rather them fix game breaking bugs than add new little features that offer minimal benefit. There is also FAQ type info in the forums and on the main page of the website.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 04:02:21 pm by Bremius » Logged

#FreeSorono
#FreeTheNuld
Smoq for GM #MakePvpGreatAgain
Night Elf Hunter <Best in Slot>
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2017, 08:37:15 am »

bump
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: