May 17, 2022, 01:30:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
148970 Posts in 18129 Topics- by 34397 Members - Latest Member: vvt86
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Reason for all bans  (Read 18261 times)
View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2017, 07:52:59 pm »

In a potential legendary thread before lock.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2017, 07:59:18 pm »

oh no what r hapen?

<EquiGoldBestPers>
View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2017, 09:01:48 pm »

Inb4 thread lock and mass bans.

I have to agree with Exo on this.

This post is most certainly not going to help me in any way but to draw unwanted attention.

It's going to possibly make me seem guilty by association for the misguided folks.

I do feel however that it is a necessity of someone like myself who has been playing here for several years to chime in on this topic.

I'm unsure who was banned specifically in this, all I know are the names I'm seeing. Spox and Sota.

I have had the privilege to raid with both of these individuals in two separate guilds at different times along my VG journey. Both of these individuals are super helpful, friendly and make me want to continue playing here. They promote the server, they keep it alive. Can I say with utmost certainty they have never done anything wrong? Of course not. We all make mistakes, no one is perfect. I do feel however that individuals of this stature on a server this small do deserve recognition and I would like to know for what crimes they stand accused. If they are criminals they do not have the right for that to be kept secret. If they are not criminals they have the right for everyone to know.

Just my thoughts, I'm sure no one cares, but I feel better.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2017, 09:17:46 pm »

Go ahead admins, kill what little rest there is of this community.

Well done

/sarcastic applause
View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2017, 09:41:03 pm »

ban some of the nicest and helpful players on VG

gg wp
View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2017, 09:46:43 pm »

I've heard like 50 people say today they're rerolling server. 50 active players. Why the hell is there no communication from GM's on this matter to the community?

By your silence this is getting only worse. Sad to see people leaving for other servers with their friends because they don't trust staff anymore.

Former member of Gnomeography, Unique, Goldshire Golfclub, Everest.

Member of the VG research group investigating how to make VG drama free. Update: recently had some major setbacks, but we plan to have our conclusions and proposal ready by Spring 2035.
The Sun
View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2017, 09:49:26 pm »

Seems the only thing they can go fast is remove unwanted threads. Rest they leave since they dont have a good response. inb4 "we can change the ruels fro some then we need ot do the same for rest" no you dont and you damn know it

do the right thing

Stubborn retard.
View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2017, 10:02:01 pm »

Spox already admitted he did somethign ban worthy. The other people didn't even comment yet, which means they did something equally bad. It's really sad you guys are threathening to leave the server(blackmailing) just to get your abusing friends unbanned(they were good people I agree)

If the same thing happened to different people, let's say Nela, I'm 100% sure all of you would sign a different tune. And if we make an exception now, what  stops me from straight up hacking and having whole CE saying they will leave if I don't get unbanned?

Actions always have consequences, maybe if you didn't make such a big drama out of it, it could have been resolved peacefully, but you had to blow it up, now they either cave in potentially let everybody go around and abuse or just keep them banned.

For clarity, I got no idea why they got banned.
View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2017, 10:07:39 pm »

For clarity, I got no idea why they got banned.

That's the main problem.

Former member of Gnomeography, Unique, Goldshire Golfclub, Everest.

Member of the VG research group investigating how to make VG drama free. Update: recently had some major setbacks, but we plan to have our conclusions and proposal ready by Spring 2035.
View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2017, 10:20:23 pm »

Since when did VG care about corrupt GM's? Why all the sudden now? Well RIP to the alleged abusers.
View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2017, 10:47:59 pm »

#freespoxandsota
View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2017, 11:05:51 pm »

As far as I know, anyone who has been banned can write an appeal or use other individual means of defense against the ban decision. Let me remind you, banning a player is an individual action and does not require any explanation to anyone besides the banned player. So if you want "transparency", you should rather ask the ones who have been found guilty of abusing instead of questioning GM decisions in cases you clearly do not know anything about.
Just because a player is useful for the community doesn´t mean he is allowed to abuse. That kind of logic is just wicked and has no place in a reasonable discussion. Since somebody made a reference to criminal law already, I have never heard of a case where the defendant was set free despite commiting murder just because they treated their family nicely.
I would suggest people wait for individual appeals to appear on the forum, else this whole discussion is just rubbish and an attemp to make VG staff feel bad for actually doing their job and rightfully enforcing the server rules.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 11:08:11 pm by Bloodpet » Logged

You know I really have no idea what to write here
View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2017, 11:17:17 pm »

aight now I know we're getting a little kinky at times my dude but we're not a family

fuck u mean by signature my name is a signature to this community
View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2017, 11:17:37 pm »

Huuuueeeeeee Huueeeeee
View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2017, 11:33:05 pm »

GM's, if you want the server to stay / become healthy, it's important to be transparent.

Law & order means you are transparent about the reasons why you give certain penalty's. If, in real life somebody ends up in jail, everyone gets to know why they're in jail.

This is messing up the faith players have in the staff, which is bad.

The best way of dealing with this, would be a public listing with the reasons of bans. You would create credibility.

Something like this would be good.

While I was active there were several heavy handed bans within CE which were not actually in line with the rules / consequences posted on the forums. I was told "We will modify the rules to make them more clear in these type of cases." - but even that hasn't happened.

One guy who was banned never even found out why he was banned as the signup page on the forums wouldn't work for him.

Whatever happens - more clarity is definitely required.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: