January 18, 2022, 03:45:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
148909 Posts in 18119 Topics- by 34304 Members - Latest Member: OliverRand
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help in making SCIENCE! to Corrupted Ashbringer  (Read 6802 times)
Sweep sweepity sweeps
View Profile Email
« on: June 14, 2017, 06:17:48 pm »

Wasn't sure where to start this, so on general chat it goes. I know it only applies to a very reduced number of players, but its mostly for fun and science.

Since i got Corrupted Ashbringer last week, I've been wanting to try and see how does its proc works. As stated in the tooltip, it has a chance on hit to "steal 185 to 216 life from target enemy", but trying to dig information on Google only gives pages about retail world first drops, lore and "OMG THIS IS SO GREAT". Not really helpful.

First off, the hp stolen. It states 216 as the most it can steal, but when doing solo world content I see the top number rise to 220-225. Nothing impressive, but ok. In raid with buffs it usually procs for the top 225 and the lower number never below 200. So my first thought is that it probably scales with ap. Additionally, it never crits for me even when I push 45% critical chance in raid.
I've been told this number rises around 100 more for paladins, so in the reasoning that the life steal, as a spell, scaled with a paladin spell damage, I tried to see if using spell damage consumables would make any change. Short of trying with a flask, it didn't.

Last night we went to Loatheb with full world buffs (1759 ap and well beyond 100% critical chance thanks to the spores buff and 2handers high crit cap), the numbers were increased substancially. One normal hit by 280 (well above the 225 of before) and five crits between 333 and 444, meaning it critted 83% of the time it procced.

So it scaling with spell damage its inconclusive unless a paladin can provide their own numbers, but seems probable that it does scale with either ap or weapon damage, and its indeed able to crit. Although it'd need an inpractical ton of both to notice any substantial increase in both fronts.

Secondly, and this is where I'd need a bit of help, I'd want to check how often it can proc. It seems too inconsistent. Sometimes I can get two or three procs in a row, and sometimes none for 20 seconds. Probably able to proc off sword spec/HoJ procs, but not sure given that this server doesn't informs the clients about the nature of such procs. I'd like some way to track all of this, but the few addons I've found supposed to do it aren't of much help (ProcWatcher and Dpsmate are merely counting up the times it happens, but nothing beyond that unless I'm missing something).

Update:

So, facts after testing with Slappyrays:

-Strength/attack power doesn't add anything to the proc. This includes buffs and gear stats. No matter the amount, the numbers would firmly stay at the 185-215 range.
-Melee critical chance does work with the proc. This is a bit confusing, as in world content with my baseline 34.15% I never see it crit, but it seems to start critting properly once I break the 40% mark (or 50%, just to be conservative), up until an observed 83% of crits on hit, maybe up to 100%.
-A priest's Shadow Weaving (15% shadow damage increase) and a warlock's Curse of Shadow (10%) do seem to affect the proc and fit with the average normal hits of 280 I've seen before.

-Not sure wether physical/melee damage multipliers (mostly talents) affect it. It's doubtfull, but more SCIENCE will be done eventually.
-Spell damage from buffs are not adding anything to the proc, and spell critical chance might be adding something but I can't say for sure, unless a paladin does his own testing on both fronts.

So yeah, basically if you're a warrior, stack up on all the crit you can (which should be done as a 2hander warrior anyway) and learn to appreciate those shadow priests and locks in your group.

And just a showing of tonight: a 462 crit. Because fuck that negative stamina, you know?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 02:18:01 pm by Connelly » Logged

Yea verily, though I charge through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am driving a house-sized mass of "F*** you."
Anonymous GDI Mammoth Tank Crewman, Tiberium Wars
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 06:38:27 pm »

Omg u show off, making so long post geting ashbringer. Plz dont get TF.....
Sweep sweepity sweeps
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 08:39:14 pm »

I wasn't planing on getting TF, any binding that drops on my mc runs go to the guild tanks. :C And really, it wasn't about showing off, I'm genuinely curious about this. xD

Yea verily, though I charge through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am driving a house-sized mass of "F*** you."
Anonymous GDI Mammoth Tank Crewman, Tiberium Wars
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 10:02:29 pm »

Wow! Insane weapon!

I cannot help you though, I just came here to grats you for it Cheesy
Pewpewpewpewpewpew
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 10:15:14 pm »

Amg...
samthebst
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 04:43:35 am »

Gratz for the weapon  Smiley
Respect.
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2017, 06:47:22 am »

via Imgflip Meme Generator

)
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2017, 10:14:43 am »

lmao this dog make meme but trink roots with intercept down whats up
Shadowy,shadowy... yet unbroken...
View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2017, 10:34:00 am »

Neeeeeerd!

?
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2017, 01:29:40 pm »

Come wsg i will show you how you die with it Smiley
Why do meteors always land in craters?
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2017, 03:05:09 pm »

Are you all retarded? He's asking for assistance to investigate statistics and how the proc works. He didn't ask you about WSG, did you even read what he wrote or did you just see Ashbringer and decided to turn off your brains and mindlessly type anything that comes to mind? This is the reason why the population here is decaying. A person makes a post, everybody posts random things and they give up and leave. It's not the GMs' fault, it's your fault.
View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2017, 03:14:46 pm »

Are you all retarded? He's asking for assistance to investigate statistics and how the proc works. He didn't ask you about WSG, did you even read what he wrote or did you just see Ashbringer and decided to turn off your brains and mindlessly type anything that comes to mind? This is the reason why the population here is decaying. A person makes a post, everybody posts random things and they give up and leave. It's not the GMs' fault, it's your fault.
We are just fukin around. We having fun so ssssh. And if you talking about pop decay we may discuss it for hours u pve neeeerd!!!!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 03:26:18 pm by Necrolic » Logged

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2017, 03:26:14 pm »

lmao this dog make meme but trink roots with intercept down whats up

"Ha ha I'm not as garbage at this easy game as you are" - everyone on VG to each other
View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2017, 03:27:27 pm »

Exactly.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2017, 03:33:39 pm »

Yeah, it's the 6 people in this thread that's killed(not killing, past tense killed, it's dead as shit) this server and not the years of ignoring the server's player base while reneging on nearly a decade of promises. 

Are you all retarded?

You got this part right though as long as you're including yourself.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: