April 15, 2021, 12:18:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
148661 Posts in 18081 Topics- by 34027 Members - Latest Member: foxcz1
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Recommendation for VG  (Read 2733 times)
View Profile
« on: May 28, 2017, 12:21:30 am »

Zeard,

Taking some time to type an opinion that maybe you would consider seriously.  After playing here since 2012 I love how stable this server is and your staff's commitment to its development.

That being said, I really feel like this server would be awesome if we did a mass reset and deleted all chars. Too many people are decked in Naxx gear that ruins entry level experience for new people because it's so easy to get carried here and pvp is impossible in AH gear.

I would advertise it to be released with the new core and I would make the following fixes before doing so:

1) Fix Dire Maul (Pylons)
2) Fix Zul Gurub (Hakkar & his Sons + Priests)
3) Tweak LBRS Firebrand Invoker room (mass chain pulls)
4) Tweak UBRS room before Beast (mass chain pulls)
5) Tweak Scholo plague room under bridge (mass chain pulls)
6) Add all BG que people at Org/IF banks to increase population in que
7) Take a look at Fankriss difficulty
Cool Fix remaining class bugs
9) Fix incorrect buff times (ie; weapon buffs)
9) Get rid of cross faction AH and high deposit costs

I could probably list more and I'm sure a lot of people would cry if their legendaries and hard work got deleted, but there really is no point to standing around in org and noone really wants to buy accounts here so I think people would cry at first but would love to re-experience starting from scratch again.  Maybe something could be worked out to allow people to reserve their names and maybe get some starting gold if they had a legendary or r14 gear.

Anyways, just my two cents. =)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 03:35:41 am »

#1.   Market the server, not only on Voting websites.  
#2.  Pay someone out of the immense amount of donations to Make a recruitment video for the server.
#3.  Maybe offer a Transfer option for players, e.g... Someone can transfer their character here from Feenix or another Vanilla Server, that way guilds could be encounraged to Transfer here and play with all content released.  
#4.  Make an option on the website where people can buy other peoples accounts, for Donations points... Meaning...

Player A, puts his account for sale on the website for 200 EURO,  Player B, Donates 200 EURO, and get's PlayerA's account,  but 5% of the sale goes to the Server, so 10 Euro will go to server, 190 to Player A.  

It would increase donations, and give people something else to do.  

#5.  A more active staff.   We rarely see replies to people who apply for Tester, or when players have genuine questions about the server, they're answered weeks late.  

#6.  Offer more options for donations,  like there is no Plate chest piece you can buy... Can we have a real donation list, not something that was thrown together by someone who's never played WoW before? 

People will donate more for Trinkets from LBRS, or BRD,  sucks trying to get a group for these when there are 10 ppl online. 
Just my 2 cents
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 03:37:56 am by CollateralGaming » Logged

What have you done to help promote the server?
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 05:12:45 am »

Scripting
- Active development to fix exploits quickly instead of blaming players for longstanding periods of time. A few examples from the past that people were punished for but remained unfixed for far tooo long: Chest of Spoils, totem levelling tanaris, lockboxes, blade flurry, twin emps scorpion kiting out of room, horde armor buff stacking, invisibility in bgs, beastslaying, elemental slaying, multiple blessings, stacking totems, shaman no interrupt with 4/5 talent, stacking healing way, stacking DMF buffs.

Simple, how is this not fixed, type fixes:
- Logout instant in rested space.
- Enchanting should require a trade confirmation in the window.
- Break rocket boots without destroying server uptime.
- Script zone specific buffs (felwood) to not be always available.
- Script herbs to be me more dynamic, not the exact same pattern on a timer.
- Fix drop-rates on consumables like E'kos.
- Heartbeat CC breaks in pvp. Polymorph and sap being a 100% guaranteed duration are beyond broken.
- AoEing around corners.
- Stacking aoes
- Pet pathing through walls (ie. huntard pops BW and mob runs through world from ground floor to top floor of WSG).
- Healing buff in BGs does not break with damage.
- Shields prevent damage interrupts when capping flags in AB/AV.
- No battleground weekends to encourage the rep farm.

/opinion

You want people to play and not abuse, but ban people for abusing long standing issues. Perhaps, and maybe I'm a bit jaded, it shouldn't be up to the players to choose not to, but the staff / development to identify and hotfix.

I don't think it's fair to expect a player to understand what should and should not work, truly. Seems the reason we play here is because the scripts are supposed to be working, and if you want commitment from people, they have to be able to trust your scripts not be scared of discipline for something that is not their problem.

That being said, I really feel like this server would be awesome if we did a mass reset and deleted all chars. Too many people are decked in Naxx gear that ruins entry level experience for new people because it's so easy to get carried here and pvp is impossible in AH gear.

Literally the best idea posted so far. Make a fresh realm, require war effort as the only block to content. Keep the rates as is and remove anything 20man and up from the donate shop.

Hey it doesn't even need to be a reset. Just make a second realm, promote server 1st races. Promote PVP.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 05:53:24 am »

Hey it doesn't even need to be a reset. Just make a second realm, promote server 1st races. Promote PVP.

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 09:07:54 am »

I approve of a second realm!

Shadowy,shadowy... yet unbroken...
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2017, 10:45:42 am »

2. realm would not be good idea, you forgot about pop. Leveling especially would be boring so if something like that happens i'd honestly go for another server.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2017, 05:14:08 pm »

I dont understand you people...You were all crying and beging for end game content and  finally when  Saph and KT  were released it turns out new fresh realm would be better idea. Sadly there is no space for gambling with VG population because there is not many left of us.
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2017, 05:18:48 pm »

Especially with the new core im sure better days are ahead of us.Why would you reset something to 0 % content from 100 % content .
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2017, 08:46:47 am »

Some people forgot about the existing rule:
Do not Flame

Do not fight your (personal) fights out in public

If you have a problem or argument with someone, attempt to talk this out or solve in a private manner.
Flaming posts were removed. Stick to the point of this topic.

@Hairynudsak and @topkek: Most (if not all) of the issues, which both of you mentioned, are going to be fixed with transition to a new core and database. You may wish to take a look at more details in this thread: https://vanillagaming.org/forum/index.php?topic=21319.0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2017, 09:32:51 am »

- new server only divides the population making it harder to get a group/queue for anything else. who ever has been at feenix before the "big shut" can confirm this to you, don't take my word, ask them.

- reset the server will only make more people leave. why stay in a "low pop" (a server who always has 50+ accounts every time I am online is hardly a low pop to me but I'll give you that.on a low pop I had 25, 9 60's, and 5 were mine.)  server when your char just got deleted and you keep hearing that some other server is full? we do not want to risk that. a fully geared 60 is always a reason to get back and see if things improved while we were gone.

crossing fingers for the core update, but I don't think it will be the solution to all the problems.
hope it fixes a bunch though.

if you "crying" in the forums of a game, that game is not for you or you would be there...in the game...playing it instead.
View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2017, 10:39:34 am »

My first post got deleted for flaming(?) so here's a more constructive reply.

Why would anyone play on a server where there is ever any chance of the staff resetting the server and deleting all chars because "lol T3 so boring"

I just cant wrap my head around this and the people that +1 this suggestion.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: