October 23, 2017, 02:32:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
138240 Posts in 16650 Topics- by 27795 Members - Latest Member: milesi21
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2H Warrior PVE guide (with free book edition for dummies)  (Read 2269 times)
Sweep sweepity sweeps
View Profile Email
« on: March 04, 2017, 01:04:14 am »

Sorry, no book. Still free though!

You can read the guide here. It's an updated version from my 2H Fury/Arms PVE guide at Prophecy's guild forum, itself being an updated version from this thread in the guide section. It started as a mere gear list, but between the guide becoming too long and unwieldy for a post, and the forum screwing me over recovering my old account and updating the thread properly, I decided to just move it to a Gdoc document, hopefully making it easier to read and comment.

If you're a Horde player with any experience on the subject, any addition or suggestion will be appreciated, as I've only played Alliance.

(Here's hoping the forum doesn't eat this post either)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 02:50:46 am by Connelly » Logged

Yea verily, though I charge through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am driving a house-sized mass of "F*** you."
Anonymous GDI Mammoth Tank Crewman, Tiberium Wars
Sweep sweepity sweeps
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 09:47:17 pm »

A small update. Been tinkering with some corrections and additions to both the guide and the gear list.

-Added a talent section for speccing without Improved Overpower when at high gear levels.
-Added several paragraphs to cover all the skills, though this is mostly intended for newbie players.
-Added several consumables and enchants.
-Added some leather (Gloves of Enforcement, Leggings of Apocalypse), mail (Crown of Destruction, Scaled Sand Reaver Leggings) and plate int (Legguards of the Fallen Crusader) gear to the raid gear list. I said at the begining i wouldn't do it, but given I added Ghoul Skin Tunic already (and Savage Gladiator Chain for pre-raid bis) so it seems moot. I don't encourage anyone to get them before their intended class players under any pretext, but they make for useful upgrades if available.
-Got a KotS and tested it: great trinket overall for 2H single target, very good for Arms, crazy great for 2H Fury (up to a 40% improvement on attack speed with non-faction procs and enchants). Yes, in my opinion you should let your best rogues and dw fury in your guild get it first as they'll make better use of it than us, but get it soon nonetheless because you'll put it to good use too.

As always, if you have anything to suggest, add or ask, please do, particularly from the horde side of the fence. I've already talked with a few people telling me about their (generally positive) experience as a 2hander in raids after reading the guide, and I always see around 5 readers each time I check on it, so I'm glad it's being useful. And if you're taking it to any other server, let me know how its working there.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 12:20:37 am by Connelly » Logged

Yea verily, though I charge through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am driving a house-sized mass of "F*** you."
Sweep sweepity sweeps
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 05:32:49 pm »

I added information on the Improved Slam version of the 2H Fury spec, which is THE endgame spec for 2h warriors. With that, a few corrections and a probable break from playing vanilla, that'll be the last update that I can foresee. Enjoy.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: