August 21, 2019, 11:11:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
146427 Posts in 17775 Topics- by 32307 Members - Latest Member: ManuelLap
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Feign/Freezing Trap Help  (Read 4038 times)
View Profile Email
« on: October 21, 2016, 02:30:59 pm »

Is there a way to make this work in an instance? It works fine in world PvE and PvP, but I have yet to make it work inside an instance. There doesn't seem to be any leaving combat during the feign while in an instance. Any help or advice would be appreciated. My macro is below:

/script PetPassiveMode()
/script PetFollow()
/script if (UnitAffectingCombat("player")) then CastSpellByName("Feign Death()") elseif not (UnitAffectingCombat("player")) then CastSpellByName("Freezing Trap"); end
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 07:37:27 pm »

So just a few things, first is that the smallest of things can put you in combat in PVE. If you're horde a shaman totem applying a aura can put u in combat, if any player in combat casts a spell on you-you will be put into combat. A good spamable way to avoid this is by putting the freeze trap outside the combat check. i.e.
/script PetPassiveMode()
/script PetFollow()
/cast Freezing Trap
/script if UnitAffectingCombat("player") then CastSpellByName("Feign Death") else  end
Its generally a trade off because while you will experience more frame rate lag while using this macro, it requires less computation so that event that happens miliseconds after the feign that puts you in combat may be avoidable.
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 08:04:17 pm »

Heaven forbid it just work like it should....who the heck wants to mess with that mess of a macro.
It'd be a lot simpler if the GMs would just fix the issues before releasing new content to compound the already mounting issues.
I could be wrong..but common sense seems to outweigh bypassing the problem.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 08:05:48 pm by evilwhitey » Logged
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2016, 01:20:59 am »

Thanks for the input iam. Ill put it to a test while i hold my breath waiting on the folks who are providing me hours of free entertainment to fix my minor inconvenience  Wink

Ill letcha know how it turns out.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: