March 20, 2019, 06:58:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
145341 Posts in 17560 Topics- by 30634 Members - Latest Member: oberonn77
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2H Warrior guide: gear, talents and rotation  (Read 103044 times)
View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2017, 09:58:55 am »

Arms is a good solution for 5 and 10 mans. People including vanillagaming players occasionally forget that their class can be used for various tasks. Let's imagine a warrior 31/0/20 in LBRS or UBRS. He is still dealing stable damage, anyway he's mostly executing there, but when it gets tough he can click-button swap gear, put defensive stance, taunt, shield wall etc... and SAVE THE DAY. The fact is that if you are fury, you have not enough tanking talents in this tree. The only useful it's piercing howl. But in arms you have improved stances, improved weapon(please pick sword or mace), improved thunder clap, even the kiting immobilize is useful. Yes arms is PvP, but in low players dungeon, PvE can be situational PvP encounter.  
I would advise people try their Arms warriors in:
-AQ20
-ZG
-UBRS
-LBRS
-DM West
-DM North

And experience themselves the pros and cons of playing that build.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 10:00:35 am by Elsappina » Logged
The Sun
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2017, 01:26:48 pm »

Nothing wrong with arms. But you cant really compete with Fury in DPS unless you are close to BiS gear. Sweeping Strikes is the dream on trash packs, but then its down to slam on bosses.

From my experience, arms is fun and all, on trash, but on bosses it gets kinda boring.

Sweep sweepity sweeps
View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2017, 05:45:44 pm »

@Elsappina While I agree with you, something that needs to be clarified: the 31/0/20 spec is great for 5 and 10 mans and learning the ropes, but starting with 20 mans, while you can still use it, you're better served with a full spec instead of an hybrid, both for efficiency and learning the full role for when you get into 40 mans. Can you save the day in a 40man as a dps? Yes you can, I personally held off Faerlina in our first or second kill; I think the tanks died (or were in anyway busy, I'm probably wrong on that, as I usually am in many things) and I had the dubious heart-stopping honor of having the most threat on her and having to hold her for 10 seconds, giving the rest of the raid time to finish her off. And half the warrior population probably have one such story of their own. Problem is, those are the fortunate cases where the stars align to grant you a brief moment of glorious grace, and because you're supposed to be in dps gear anyway, a 31/0/20 won't really help you at those levels of damage.

@Alda To be honest, it's been like half a year since I've played full PVE Arms, as I went 2h Fury when I got Ashkandi, so I'm probably a bit rusty with it. Recently, I've recently got Claymore and went back to Arms for one try on Gluth, and I *think* I got a slighly lower damage in comparison to 2h Fury, but that was more because of me paying more attention to see if Mortal Strike was affecting his healing, and there might be several factors coming from the change in weapon.

The difference wasn't that high anyway; on monotarget I usually end in a respectable position up in the top 10 damagers on Prophecy, and of course on fights like Anub or Maexnna with tons of adds I'm capable of being the top 1-3, independent of spec and errors aside (pride-targeted karma biting me in the ass in 3, 2, 1...). Can 2h and Arms in particular compete with dual wield Fury in dps? Well, I don't pay attention to the dps accounts so I can't really say, but I do watch the total damage and in that aspect I find the numbers very satisfying. There IS one fury in Prophecy (or two, depends on how the wind blows that day for us) I can't do shit against, but that's more about them having better skill and gear than me, I guess. :_D

Sweeping Strikes is the dream on trash packs, but then its down to slam on bosses.
I can't talk about other's experiences, and it's been a long time since I had pre-raid gear as an Arms, but even then I remember at that point generating enough rage to keep Mortal Strike and Whirlwind on cooldown, and still doing respectable damage. As I mention in the guide, I find Slam more like a second half of the rotation once you get something stronger than your typical blue, like Zin'Rokh.

And still, I'd say using 5-6 skills is more fun than going frostbolt-spamming mage with the ocasional aoe, for instance... x_D
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 07:35:36 pm by Connelly » Logged

Yea verily, though I charge through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am driving a house-sized mass of "F*** you."
Anonymous GDI Mammoth Tank Crewman, Tiberium Wars
View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2018, 02:22:25 am »

2H fury king IMO
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: