August 12, 2022, 05:39:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
149011 Posts in 18133 Topics- by 34454 Members - Latest Member: pikashowapp
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dev Application  (Read 5419 times)
View Profile
« on: July 08, 2016, 02:26:27 pm »

Hey

I have been around VG for a while but never been an avid forum user. I am not sure if I'll actually be of use or fit your needs, but here is a little about me nevertheless. I could not find any official template, so I am ad-libbing it.

I have a data-technical education and studying computer science. I am currently working at a data center, but usually I am just doing helpdesk and server maintenance which is a field of work with a great deal of spare time.

I guess my skills and experience is mainly LINUX server environments, but I use Windows Server daily. I also have some proficiency in SQL and for programming I am alright with C languages and have some limited Java and LUA experience. Also have some web-dev experience but I doubt PHP and HTML has any relevancy here. Further more, I have some Cisco certifications. I possess no experience running a game server, but I have glanced over the MaNGOS Zero suite and it feels familiar.

If you have any questions feel free to ask and hit me up if you could use me for something.

Best Regards
Lavros
Horisontial at gmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 03:33:53 pm »

Nice to see someone with an interest in developing.
I will give you some advice.

Create your own local mangos server. Learn how to script a blizzlike boss fight, npc, spells and item modifications, create logs etc.
Also if you possess the skills, create a Web page that can pull info from character databases and logs.

When you can do this, pm Zeard and show him what you can do.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 03:37:57 pm by Atreyyo » Logged

Tester
www.vanillagaming.org
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 03:36:43 pm »

+1
LUA is not that hard to learn if you`re persistant. Experience comes with time, and we could definitely use another developer.

Simply Fadeas
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 03:40:14 pm »

+

(PM me anytime if you find something you want to fix, need to know how it should really work, and don't like sorting through all the bug report trash. VG has about a 1,432 real non-quest and atiesh speed related bugs to fix. No EJ forum posts required.)

Get paid what you are worth!
Best Wishes
A haggard Vanilla ##st, ##onos, VG vet

Viile - MCB
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 03:55:44 pm by Donaldtrump » Logged

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 03:56:14 pm »

Sent you pm

Sins : Staff character
Sin : Player character

GM / Staff complaints are sent to me Erga or Zeard via pm, not posted on forums, there they will be deleted on sight.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: