October 23, 2019, 05:26:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
146701 Posts in 17815 Topics- by 32711 Members - Latest Member: TYRAFINA
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No Data folder to set realmlist  (Read 8591 times)
View Profile Email
« on: June 11, 2016, 07:01:01 am »

I have installed the patch for this server, yet, it doesn't have the data folder for me to change the realmlist... any reason as to why this happened? Haven't had this issue with any other private server...
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 04:25:36 am »

The realmlist was not moved into the data folder until wotlk, its located in the main folder
The Sun
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 01:09:15 pm »

Open wow folder and open the file "realmlist.wtf" as notepad or something similiar and change it there. Then exit and save changes

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 01:58:45 pm »

Yeah, now explain this - how does the client know to connect to VG when i deleted realmlist.wtf?
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 02:13:47 pm »

Realmlist.wtf just changes one of the settings files, deletin the realmlist.wtf doesnt delete the info in the settings file

Cheers to Nopesorry for the sig
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2016, 02:17:53 pm »

Ok, so i just made a new realmlist.wtf file and put in some other private servers' connection info. How does it still connect to vg?
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2016, 02:19:28 pm »

Maybe you don't have admin authorization to change the file? Try right clicking the realmlist file, going to properties and deselecting read-only. I'm using winxp and never really used any of the further windows OS's so I can't give you a step-by-step tutorial.

Cheers to Nopesorry for the sig
Tester
www.vanillagaming.org
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2016, 02:45:51 pm »

Aylaa, you do realise that realmlist is not a basic notepad document but rather an ANSI .wtf file, and making a new notepad document naming it realmlist won't change to the actual server you're reffering to?

@motavo, just download the vanillagaming launcher, locate your wow folder and click on the "Play" button.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2016, 04:28:40 pm »

Read-only was unchecked by default, i guess the client or that settings file you were reffering to is borked up.

Strengmagi, how is making a new text file, renaming it realmlist, changing its format to .wtf and selecting ansi as encoding option different than the original file from fresh install? You think im to stewpid to change the file format? you think my files called realmlist.wtf.txt?
Tester
www.vanillagaming.org
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2016, 05:10:37 pm »

Read-only was unchecked by default, i guess the client or that settings file you were reffering to is borked up.

Strengmagi, how is making a new text file, renaming it realmlist, changing its format to .wtf and selecting ansi as encoding option different than the original file from fresh install? You think im to stewpid to change the file format? you think my files called realmlist.wtf.txt?
Why don't you figure it out yourself then rather than being an arrogant fuckwit on the forums about it?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: