October 19, 2019, 09:37:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
146680 Posts in 17811 Topics- by 32696 Members - Latest Member: Dwarfgimli
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Biological tester application  (Read 8384 times)
View Profile
« on: June 04, 2016, 07:51:06 pm »

Q1. What is your main character's in-game name?

I have a few main characters, my oldest main character was Biological, people still call me Bio.
My current 2 main characters are Lulluby and Gorgeuss.

Q2. What is your real name?

Dovydas Satkauskas.

Q3. Where in the world are you located?

Lithuania

Q4. How old are you?

Q5. Have you played Retail? If so, for how long?

I've played retail from vanilla till the middle of wrath of the lich king, I was still quite young then and didn't really accomplish anything.

Q6. Tell us a little about yourself.

I'm currently graduating from high school, in my plans I have studying Psychology in a university, possibly abroad, worst case scenario - in Lithuania.
I'd say I'm quite the person people want to have in their company, I'm usually positive and entertaining, I love irony and satire.

Q7. Explain why you think you would be a good Tester.

During my years on VG I've got into details of this game quite much and I'd say I got pretty good at this game. I think I would be a good tester because I usually like to work with everything planned, backing up my assumptions, never stating something for certain if there are no facts.

Q8. What interests you most about becoming a Tester ?

Access to testing situations that are somewhat impossible in the live server. Take bossfights for example, you don't have enough time during a boss kill to study some mechanic or try different scenarios to reproduce a bug.

Q9. Do you know WHAT a Tester does? Please explain.

A tester checks bug reports on the test server to see if they're valid and indeed bugged, if the bug report is missing specifics as to why a bug happens, the tester will try to investigate that in depth.
A tester spends a portion of his time researching things that may or may not be working properly on the server and uses his access to a testing realm to prove it / get it changed.

Q10. What do you think is the most important thing a Tester can do?

Report bugs that are impossible to diagnose for a person playing on the live server only.

Q11. If you were going to submit a suggestion for us, what would it be?

From time to time it seems to me like bug reports were getting dismissed due to lack of evidence, and the developers would expect regular people to dig up a goldmine of ancient archives to prove it. Not saying this isn't the way to go, but it only appears like the devs don't spend as much free time improving the server as the community would expect.
Also possibly hiring a developer to fasten the bug fixing process.

Q12. What positive additions could you (or do you already) make to the server/Community?

I'm an officer in alliance's and probably VG's best guild - Goldshire Golfclub (hehe). I'm usually nice to the new people who start in this server, either with directing them to their goal or with giving detailed information about the server / community.
I have also made a few videos of boss kills in VanillaGaming, and even though they do not have thousands of views, I'm sure some people who are not from VG have seen the videos, possibly even joined the server.

I have also reported quite a bunch of bugs on the server, some of which got fixed, some of which are hopefully still to be fixed. Possibly with tester realm access I can make even more to help the server become somewhat more bug-free.

During Goldshire Golfclub's DK wing release testing, I have reported a few bugs I encountered and they got fixed before the release went live, making the kill possible.

Q13. Professionalism, integrity, and honesty are required at all times. In what ways do these words describe you?

As said, I'm a person of irony and satire, but those traits apply only to people I consider close and immune to possible insults. I'm a very honest person and this is one of the values of myself that I admire the most, some people might think differently, but it's one of the most important things in my life.
I am usually respectful to people I haven't met before, considering it's mutual respect, and to higher authority.

Q14. Have you ever been disciplined by a Gamemaster on VanillaGaming?

Ergamemnon has once sent me a forum message telling me that I was too harsh on the forums in some way, apart from that, I haven't.

Q15. What can you do to help the server grow?

As I answered in Q12, I enjoy helping new people out in the server by providing information. Also I made a few videos and are planning to make more, hopefully they draw attention.

Q16. Is there anything else that you would like the Staff to know?

No.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 06:11:25 am by Biological / Lulluby » Logged

Cheers to Nopesorry for the sig
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 08:34:54 pm »

+1 but DP bezt.
Master of Ridiculousness
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 08:44:42 pm »

No.

Fix WSG flag bug
You know I really have no idea what to write here
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 10:54:14 pm »

+1 but be careful tho he might report so many bugs it'll take 10 years to fix!!!

fuck u mean by signature my name is a signature to this community
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 10:58:28 pm »

Very nice i like bio)

bump
IT Master
Spyrangi@Hotmail.com View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2016, 10:31:39 am »

Big -1
Immature person, always flaming players. (in game and forums)

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2016, 10:46:15 am »

Big -1
Immature person, always flaming players. (in game and forums)

I'm glad I'm the one immature and flaming players.

Cheers to Nopesorry for the sig
The Sun
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2016, 11:05:27 am »

+1

I dont know why ppl hate so much. I havnt regreted making him officer once. Def not immature, just tired of explaining himself to haters I would say. Like the most of us Wink

samthebst
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2016, 11:49:36 am »

+1 from my side as well.
Sensible person last but not the least got friendly personalilty.And he knows about game no doubt. Smiley
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2016, 02:22:21 pm »

+1 great player, had one of my most intense duels with him at some 1vs1 tournament. I wouldn't say he's immature at all, just a healthy young man's personality who doesn't take shit. One of the players who made me think about rolling Alliance back then.

Dyel
Why do meteors always land in craters?
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2016, 02:25:32 pm »

+1. I've known him for 3 years and he's really engaged in what he's doing. He'd be of help if he were to test stuff out.
Jiinxx
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2016, 10:31:59 pm »

-1 , a Gm should be nice to other players , he flames world 24/7 , always leaving mean and unwanted comments on eveything.
Jiinxx
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2016, 10:34:05 pm »

You left immature and flaming comments on all my forum posts + flaming me and tons more ingame 24/7 .
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2016, 10:43:05 pm »

-1 , a Gm should be nice to other players , he flames world 24/7 , always leaving mean and unwanted comments on eveything.

You do realize that this is not a GM application right ?
You know I really have no idea what to write here
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2016, 10:47:41 pm »

I strongly believe that the opinion of banned individuals have no meaning or relevance at all, therefore they shouldnt be taken in consideration when reviewing certain applications that can further help the server, rather than diminishing its renowned popularity by actions such as using forbidden third-party softwares to execute operations otherwise impossible.

fuck u mean by signature my name is a signature to this community
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: