August 10, 2022, 03:44:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
149011 Posts in 18133 Topics- by 34451 Members - Latest Member: billykv
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: GM Application (Vitruvius)  (Read 17153 times)
View Profile Email
« on: May 05, 2016, 01:46:40 am »

Q1. What is your main character's in-game name?

Vitruvius (Orc, Horde)

Q2. What is your real name?

Kristopher (Kris works as well)

Q3. Where in the world are you located (time zone GMT+/-)?

West Coast, USA (Oregon*PST*)

Q4. When are you available to work as a GM? (Be specific please: days/times)

Mon: 2pm-6pm(Possibly later)
Tue: 2pm-6pm(SET)
Wed: 1:30-4:30pm(SET)
Thur: 1:30-4:30pm(SET)
Fri: Varies 1pm-6pm (Possibly later)
Sat: 4am-9am; 3pm-6pm (Possibly later)
Sun: 4am-6pm (Possibly later)

Obviously minor variations will occur. However, I should be able to be on/around a computer to assist in tickets as well as other needs at most every hour.

Q5. How old are you?

28 years of age.

Q6. How much time each day do you spend on WoW, on the forums or in-game?

Each day I spend about 3+ hours on WoW, Typically in game. I understand a draw back on my app will be the amount of Forum Posts. I am more than willing to put in more time on the forums, as I understand that is a large part of the tasks.

Q7. Have you played Retail? If so, for how long?

I played retail for a few years just after launch. I played as a Gnome Rogue named Mynd... I enjoyed the grind, the social aspect as well as got to fall in love with the Raiding. As new patches came out my interest, like many others, fizzled out.

Q8. Tell us a little about yourself.

Well to start, I'm a very easy going person. I am married to an amazing woman who supports me in the best ways. I play music in a few different bands, all stylistically very different. Typically I play the drums however I can play most anything that makes sounds. For work, I am the Production Manager at a Brewery in Oregon. It has it's stresses but for the most part its a very rewarding job. At the end of the day, Can always have a beer if there is any lingering work stresses.

Recently me and my wife and a son, Hendrix. He is absolutely perfect. (He already enjoys sitting on my lap while playing VG). He's taught me many things, mainly patience... But also some other important aspects I never had considered in my life.

Me and wife wife both enjoy helping others in any way possible. Her work advocates for youth with social or mental disabilities in giving them a safe place or in mentoring them in trying to help guide them to cope with the world we exist in.

On VG:
Created <Omega> (Horde Guild) with a group of "RL" friends. Guild Leader for quite some time... Built a strong community there with the help of many.
Been a part of the server for about 3 years now.
Recently formed new guild, <Space Disco>. Current Guild Leader. Building a stable raiding environment for the North American community.
Been a part of most every guild on VG, Horde and Alliance.
Constantly try to help any and all players find a home here on VG.

Q9. Have you had previous experience as a Gamemaster? If yes, please explain.

Gamemaster no, However in FFXIV (Final Fantasy 14 *ARR*) our "linkshell" or guild was used for testing new content which was a pretty big opportunity being that we were all North American.

I do however get to chat with some of VG's GM's on a semi regular basis and feel that I could help out with the current influx in new members from the unfortunate closing of Nost. I'm a quick learner and want to help this community as I have spent almost three years here now.

Q10. Explain why you think you would be a good Gamemaster.

Currently, I feel that with the increase in population I could be an asset during the times I am online. Recently I have been seeing many "LF GM, Pls help!" and taken the time to help out many people that have already posted tickets that had not been responded to.
 (Yes most cases all it takes is)
Ticketer: "I cannot complete this quest, It must be bugged!"
Me: "Check if the item is in your bank, Every once in a while it happens where you will be moving so quickly you just leave it laying in bank"
Ticketer: "Oh there it is! Oh the quest works now!"
Me: "have a good day Cheesy"

But occasionally its actually GM matters, and I feel like if I was able to assist it would only help out VG.
Issue: The Raid ID reset. (yes I know that the full server reset fixed it but I was online and would have been more than willing to reset everyone if needed.)

I'm online quite regularly, I really do care to help VG in any way I can. Even if its just ticket responses... I want the new influx of Nost people to feel a warm welcome and stay with us here on VG.

Q11.What interests you most about becoming a Gamemaster ?

Helping the community. Period.

Q12. Do you know WHAT a Gamemaster does? Please explain.

To me, A GM is responsible for keeping the game running as smoothly as possible for all participants. Keeping the Fantasy alive by assisting others in a timely manner with issues holding them from continuing their story on VG (or any other game). They are the Rule book, and they also have the capabilities of penalizing those breaking the rules/abusing functions, etc. 

Q13. What do you think is the most important thing a Gamemaster can do?

Keep the fantasy going for all participants. Uphold the the rules and be a role model of sorts for the community.

Q14. What will you do if a Player asks you for help?

If it is something that a GM CAN help with and asked in the proper manner, I would gladly assist in the issue.

if a player asks for my help with, "Will you spawn me a TF? pls lel" I would inform them that that is not something I am able to do, and wish them a good day.

Q15. What will you do if you are unable to help?

Again situation varies... If it's something that a higher up GM can assist with, I would refer the ticket to them. Inform the character that the issue is being looked into further and instruct them to be patient while their concern is important to the team.

Q16. Gamemasters always use correct English spelling and grammar. Do you?

Occasionally I have some issues with spelling, but I feel that in that role I would be more than willing to make the effort to double check myself.

I can make sure that my spelling and grammar is perfect.

Q17. If an event gets out of control, how would you handle the situation?

Silence those creating the chaos, Calm the situation (what ever it may be) by trying to bring the fun event aspect back to light. Instruct those causing the issue to be "out of control" that their actions have consequences. If they wish to continue to be a part of the community then suggest they quickly alter their behavior or the unfortunate avoidable process of silencing them further may/will take place.

We're all here to have a good time, Act the part.

Q18. Have you ever committed any act of fraud or dishonesty? If yes, please explain.

No fraud is coming to mind.

Dishonesty: In my youth I suppose I was occasionally dishonest. However after getting Married and having a child, Honesty is much easier. I do not have interest or a need to lie.

Q19. If you were going to submit a suggestion for us, what would it be?

Fix question 17's typo.
Please consider me for GM. I would really like to help out!

Q20. What positive additions could you (or do you already) make to the server/Community?

I feel that in forming the two guilds (so far) <Omega><Space Disco> on VG, I've brought on new player base that may have gone elsewhere if there were no North American Horde raiding guilds. I constantly offer out any service I can to people in or not in guild. Again, recently I have been trying to help out with world chat issues waiting on GM response. I try to treat everyone with respect and as I would like to be treated. I enjoy assisting players with informing them to become better in any aspect. I'm honest, online quite regularly and want to help the community in any way I can.

Q21. Professionalism, integrity, and honesty are required at all times. In what ways do these words describe you?

I feel that my position at my current employment was received by upholding those three factors. Weather it be leading a guild, or running a company, Professionalism, Integrity, and Honesty are required. I hold myself to a high standard in my daily life. I try to earn others respect by treating others only the way I would want to be treated by them.  I definitely lead by example, and want others to strive for the same values that I do.

Q22. Have you ever been disciplined by a Gamemaster on VanillaGaming?

No.

Q23. What can you do to help the server grow?

Continue to keep the same helpful attitude that I currently pride myself on. Help in fixing any issues/bugs that currently may drive some of the player base away. Respond to tickets as often as possible to address issues in a timely manner. Put in the time to make this a home for others as it has been for me for quite some time now.

Q24. Is there anything else that you would like the Staff to know?

I appreciate your time in reviewing my application. Either way accepted or not, I plan to continue to help the community grow and thrive in any way I can.

Thank you,
Vitruvius *(Kris)*
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 06:50:03 am »

+1 Very well written app. Great leader in game.

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 10:57:57 am »

+1 Great app, great guy. Cares about the server and community.

Sexiest Priest on VG
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 11:04:18 am »

Cares about the server and community.

The GM application was his very first post on the forums. So much for the community.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 11:38:27 am »

Very good app
+1

"In this world where time is your enemy, it is my greatest ally. This grand game of life that you think you play in fact plays you. To that I say... Let the games begin!" - Nefarian
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 11:49:21 am »

This guy is a pillar of the community to me. He has a habit of helping new players (and old) in any way he can, and I have great respect for it. Should definately be a seriously considered for GM.

And as to Mimma's dig at his forum-posts. He already stated he would be more active on the forums as required. It does not, however, take away from his immense presence in-game, helping and leading.
You know I really have no idea what to write here
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 02:09:35 pm »

immense presence in-game
this is the first time I heard of this guy :~)

we just need Alda's application now and we can enjoy a full EXCLUSIVE guild leaders GM team :^)

fuck u mean by signature my name is a signature to this community
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2016, 03:15:58 pm »

immense presence in-game

we just need Alda's application now and we can enjoy a full EXCLUSIVE guild leaders GM team :^)

You don't play Horde, do you?  Might've been a typo in my first post. I meant on the horde side. Well respected guy.
samthebst
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2016, 03:35:39 pm »

immense presence in-game

I give +1 on your comment tbh Smiley
#freemaagi
View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2016, 02:00:15 am »

I was playing late one day while on a vacation from work back when I started on the server.
It wasn't that populated and there weren't really that much people online at the night hours and I was desperately looking for help with the world dragons doing ony attunement chain.

Stumbled randomly to Vitruvius in orgrimmar and half joking asked if this in my eyes awesomely op geared warrior would like to come and help this new noob kill some dragons.
Vitruvius pretty much insisted to come and tank all of the dragons for me, threw some good tips for the future and even offered a spot in his guild if I ever wanted to start raiding NA time.

Havent been throwing too many +1's around but if you need a GM i'd pick this one from these open topics. Helpful, openminded, super friendly and always up to helping people.

I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.
I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers.
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2016, 06:03:12 am »

Very cool guys, after raiding with him for 1 week, his style made me stick to the server
View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2016, 01:10:57 pm »

Huge +1 for Vitruvius. Have played with him regularly on this server for 2 years. Very good dude, and fun to play with. He's an extremely knowledgeable player and a progressive guild leader. He would make an excellent GM.
View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2016, 02:53:47 pm »

Vitru is love, Vitru is life
The 'Almi'ghty
203388323 View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2016, 04:35:57 pm »

well written but as mimma already said first post and the most +1s are from guys not active on the forums at all - since zz made made a +1 u'll get another one

+1 Shocked

<Tauren Paladin>
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2016, 05:57:17 pm »

You should hide your email, its way too easy to stalk your facebook. And stop smoking Sad Nothing else to say except be more active in the forum. I guess all those 1 / 2 post accounts are people from your guild supporting you?

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: