October 20, 2021, 03:06:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
148858 Posts in 18111 Topics- by 34216 Members - Latest Member: Vlada91
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Going to Start Tonight!  (Read 3353 times)
View Profile Email
« on: April 14, 2016, 11:43:06 pm »

Hey guys! Just recently learned about vanilla WoW, and my nostalgia kicked it. Thinking of starting tonight. Wanted to get everyone's perspective as to how I should tackle it when I begin. Should I go for the 1x EXP and start it from the beginning, and if so, would anyone care to join me! Smiley Looking forward to the responses!
also known as Archesonus
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 12:16:44 am »

Hi, welcome to Vanilla Gaming.

If you enjoy the tough, long levelling aspect of Vanilla wow then yes, levelling with X1 rates is a good idea. It's a long grind but if you've got a group of people it can be a lot of fun. However not many people tend to take that route on this server as people are mainly focused on hitting 60 to begin progressing toward end game content. As a result of this, you will find it difficult to gather groups for instances while levelling.

If your plan is to play end game content here on Vanilla Gaming (which is what the server is widely considered as; an end game focused server), I would recommend levelling with the standard X15 boosted rates, which is a breeze. You'll get to 60 very quickly and from then you can find groups for practically any 5 man/10 man/20 man instance with ease. In my opinion, hitting level 60 is the beginning of the best time you'll have on this server.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 12:20:24 am by Dvsblade » Logged

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 01:40:42 am »

Hiya, would just like to point out that if you level x15 to be sure to vote on the front page! can get 3 vote points every 12 hours, and 9 points will get you 100 gold. this is particularly important imo leveling x15 so that you can afford to keep up with your abilities and upgrade some items. you don't want to find yourself in to low level of gear and abilities and begging for gold in cities like the majority of these new people are doing since seem to be unaware of the voting gold. so just a heads up on that.

also, you'll want to /join world  so you can see whats going on. a lot of the newer people also don't realize this channel for quite a long while it seems, therefore missing out on group and guild opportunities.

anyways welcome to server and hope you enjoy yourself :-)

EDIT: Also when in world chat, try to ignore the drama and use ignore list. quite a bunch of immaturity going on there that can be quite unpleasant but it is generally the same players so pretty easy to do some /ignores and clear it up
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 01:47:22 am by nikkibrat » Logged
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 11:56:36 am »

Hey, im going to start tonight. Haven't decided what im going to be playing. I've heard Horde is very weak atm... Should I go alliance? Probably shadowpriest or hunter, haven't decided yet.

Can you please tell me more about this voting? Im sure I won't have enough money for spells and mount so that 100g would really help a lot.
Where do I vote?
Tester
www.vanillagaming.org
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2016, 12:41:45 pm »

Hey, im going to start tonight. Haven't decided what im going to be playing. I've heard Horde is very weak atm... Should I go alliance? Probably shadowpriest or hunter, haven't decided yet.

Can you please tell me more about this voting? Im sure I won't have enough money for spells and mount so that 100g would really help a lot.
Where do I vote?
Horde is less populated but definitely not weak, i'd suggest rolling a druid since it's one of the classes that is lacking the most right now (for alliance atleast).
You can vote on the http://vanillagaming.org/VanillaVote every 12 hours and spend your vote potions to get your golds.

Simply Fadeas
IT Master
Spyrangi@Hotmail.com View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 02:15:25 pm »

Should I go for the 1x EXP and start it from the beginnin

Welcome! and see you in 2017 at level 60 <3

Assistant Administrator
Hail Caesar
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2016, 03:51:21 pm »

Hey there and welcome to the server! Hope you're enjoying your time here, no matter what faction you choose. Wink

Greetings

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2016, 10:32:30 am »

got to 60 this weekend, around 18h played. Love the community, everyone is very friendly and helpful. i wish there was a bit more PVP(WSG/AV). After I relive WSG/AV and strat or scholo and UBRS I think i'll delete wow once again and maybe come back when autumn/winter begins. Got hooked in a matter of minutes.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: